• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really confused. I've been able to play Spyro 2, Crash 2 & 3 for months on my vita. I bought them from the store around on my birthday in January this year....

Have people not been able to play ps1 games on their vita or have I misread something somewhere?! I'm from the UK if that helps

Some games werent playable on NA vitas while others arent for EU. Now all psx psp and minis are playable for NA accounts.

Li Kao

Oh good lord. Can you point to a compatibility announcement? On their blog they responded to people complaining about the sale, saying they would pass along the complaints. Now something happens (that we really don't know the reasons yet) and now people are complaining about hidden agendas.

Captain, we have a problem. I fail to see how you could answer seriously to my 99% stupid joke post.
But for the little 1%...
- There was no compatibility announcement, hence my joke about SCEA lack of interest in human currencies.
- And about the hidden agenda stuff, you're as best a judge as me and I have no idea of the process that spawned this beautiful news. Maybe Sony did a sucker punch like they apparently like to do from time to time (hey guys, wonderful sale / hey guys the same games are free on ps+ some little time after) or maybe the fan relative outcry at the non compatible games this week lead SCEA to do something about it. Or maybe it's something else, I don't know. I just think the timing is more than a little unfortunate BUT I'm glad at the news nevertheless.

Nice - do You guys think all the Vita awesomenes we saw in last two weeks are results of new managment in SCEA ?

Altrough I mostly mean changes in information policy as translation of games must have been decided much earlier

A bit ago, our sole vita insider mentioned that sony was creating an internal/expanding the size of their localization team. All these localizations seem to be directly related to that rumor methinks

Rixa

Shadid twitted that Tales of Hearts R is the JRPGVita title.

Shahid Kamal Ahmad said:
Thanks to your amazing response to the #jrpgvita poll last year, Tales of Hearts R, the most wanted JRPG will come to the West on PS Vita.

Where is my Type-0 :(

Li Kao

Nice - do You guys think all the Vita awesomenes we saw in last two weeks are results of new managment in SCEA ?

Altrough I mostly mean changes in information policy as translation of games must have been decided much earlier

Oh, don't speak about this recent phenomenon. I fail to see how a lack of announcement / news is a good thing, and every manufacturer seems to love this fucking idea. Just see Nintendo and their out of the blue release policy...
Now to be fair you can find a Gaferr that's the polar opposite of me on that topic a few pages ago, saying he won't be able to endure another FF Versus thing, but...
Before this shitty "we only speak about what will be released soonish" policy, you could have some insight on what is coming for a platform, you could be excited for some title to be released in the distant future, that could even lead to some hardware sale. And yes that could lead to more than its share of frustration, but now how are things better ? You just barely know the big titles that will release in the next 6 months, and then, nothing.

TL;DR YMMV but I'm tired of this inability to project myself into the future releases of a platform.

You have to redownload the game, I think, to get the license to update.

just start the download I think, then you can cancel it

Thank you =3
Although it'll be a bitch to find it on my download list >< at least I didn't lose the game, I think. I lost Motorstorm RC - it disappeared from my download list and it was priced at the store. Sony refunded me, but I could never buy it again, as it shows up as unavailable. One of the reasons I only buy content at the store for super discounted prices.

malcher

As someone who has never owned a PSP - what are 5/10 of the absolute top games for it? Not including GTA or God of War.

This latest Vita compatibility shit is getting me horny.

Patapon 1 & 2
LocoRoco 1 & 2
Daxter
Jeanne D'Arc
Killzone: Liberation was fun too

Patapon 2 and LocoRoco 2 are for me the prime examples of how sequels should be made (I am looking at you, Patapon 3).

ZeroAKA

Shahid said that he was looking into JRPGs for the Vita in general, but some people may have thought he was only referring to JRPGs that were already on the Vita but just haven't been localized yet. The Tales and Legend of Hero games would have been the only real candidates at the time, and we all know LoH doesn't have nearly as large a fanbase as Tales in the west.

...Or so I tell myself every time I see Tales of Hearts R. :/

MikeRahl

If unlocking all the compatibility has to do with Playstation NOW like some people are suggesting I wonder if Sony is going to re-evaluate the pricing for PSOne and PSP games.

I always thought $5.99/9.99 was pretty steep and have essentially only bought PSOne games when they are on sale. $2.99/5.99 brings it closer to a 'I want to play this now' impulse buy type situation.

It also seems kind of silly for most PSP games to be $9.99/14.99/19.99+ as well, most games in the $10 range would make more sense I think. Looking at the top-sellers for each month it does seem to be the games that go on sale that make up the top 5.

But mostly I am just salty that Tactics Ogre is $20

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
If unlocking all the compatibility has to do with Playstation NOW like some people are suggesting I wonder if Sony is going to re-evaluate the pricing for PSOne and PSP games.

I always thought $5.99/9.99 was pretty steep and have essentially only bought PSOne games when they are on sale. $2.99/5.99 brings it closer to a 'I want to play this now' impulse buy type situation.
If
It also seems kind of silly for most PSP games to be $9.99/14.99/19.99+ as well, most games in the $10 range would make more sense I think. Looking at the top-sellers for each month it does seem to be the games that go on sale that make up the top 5.

But mostly I am just salty that Tactics Ogre is $20

I am pretty sure the prices of the games is not up to Sony to decide since they don't own those games.

fijim

Banned
Where can i find the latest psp vita compatibility list

For NA it appears that every PSP and PSX game on the PSN store is now compatible. You have first purchase it via the web store or on PS3, then go to your download list on Vita and download it.

MikeRahl

I am pretty sure the prices of the games is not up to Sony to decide since they don't own those games.

They have 2 price tiers for PSOne games so they must have some control over that. The PSP seems a little different as pricing is all over the place.

The Wii/Wii U Virtual Console has fixed pricing as well doesn't it?

Might be a little tricky to enforce set pricing for an 'Active' console in the PSP however I would guess.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
They have 2 price tiers for PSOne games so they must have some control over that. The PSP seems a little different as pricing is all over the place.

The Wii/Wii U Virtual Console has fixed pricing as well doesn't it?

Might be a little tricky to enforce set pricing for an 'Active' console in the PSP however I would guess.

They can suggest price brackets of course, and publishers will then put up the games on the store depending on whether they agree with it. But it is a stretch to think that Sony can arbitrarily change the price of any game that is alreqdy on their store. They're just a digital store front.

There is also a difference between fixed pricing and having arbitrary ability to set prices. Fixed prices merely mean that the publishers all agree to release a game at a given price bracket. Doesn't mean Sony can set any price they wish in place of the publishers.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I have a question regarding Vita cloud saves. If I mark a title to use PS+ cloud saving on PSN, does it automatically upload it's save games from that point forward? If so, when does it do this?

Number45

I have a question regarding Vita cloud saves. If I mark a title to use PS+ cloud saving on PSN, does it automatically upload it's save games from that point forward? If so, when does it do this?
Yes it does. As far as I can gather it happens overnight (usually have the messages when I first unlock it for the day), and it may or may not depend on whether you have the game running or not.

ZeroAKA

It was #2 iirc.

JP PSN VitaGAF, what's some cool digital-only stuff to try there? Magical Beat and what else?
Hearts and Innocence were #1 and #2, Final Fantasy (including Type-0) was #3, and Valkyria Chronicles was #4. The next game will probably be Tales of Innocence. :/

Kolma

It updates overnight and will only update games whose saves has been modified (similar to ps3)
The game doesn't have to be left running to work.

maouvin

Yes. You can't set the time, but it's overnight - by the activity log, it uploads my saves around 3AM.

edit

The game doesn't have to be left running to work.

More like "must not be left running". I was checking the save updates error logs recently, and there was one entry about a save that couldn't be uploaded because the game was running.
But you can upload it manually while playing, so eh.

kick51

Banned
#jrpgvita had to have been rigged. (/sarcasm) there's just no way 2 tales games would beat Final Fantasy games. unless the landscape changed under my nose.

#jrpgvita had to have been rigged. (/sarcasm) there's just no way 2 tales games would beat Final Fantasy games. unless the landscape changed under my nose.

Why ?
Some people might have voted for Tales as it was existing game vs Type-0 which would need to be ported.

Redhood

I kinda felt the same that this was just an elaborate marketing for tales vita games in the west :/ when Tales beat FF .

Thank you =3
Although it'll be a bitch to find it on my download list >< at least I didn't lose the game, I think. I lost Motorstorm RC - it disappeared from my download list and it was priced at the store. Sony refunded me, but I could never buy it again, as it shows up as unavailable. One of the reasons I only buy content at the store for super discounted prices.

Just browse to the game in the store and most of the time it should offer you the ability to download from the product page. Easier than the download list.

Redhood

So after last nights massive influx of digital games I have deduced on three possible scenarios!

1. Sony spent time, energy and money and got all the digital content licensed for the vita. Probability: Very low.
2. Sony found a loophole in its digital games release clause and have applied it thereby making all the content available. Probability: Somewhat possible.
3. An intern or someone fucked up the download list during this maintenance and this may be rectified very soon. Probability: Very High.

So better download all those games right now and backup on PC before they are gone.

I am gonna miss out on spyro and crash aren't I since I am not gonna buy them at full price.

Sol1dus

So after last nights massive influx of digital games I have deduced on three possible scenarios!

1. Sony spent time, energy and money and got all the digital content licensed for the vita. Probability: Very low.
2. Sony found a loophole in its digital games release clause and have applied it thereby making all the content available. Probability: Somewhat possible.
3. An intern or someone fucked up the download list during this maintenance and this may be rectified very soon. Probability: Very High.

So better download all those games right now and backup on PC before they are gone.

I am gonna miss out on spyro and crash aren't I since I am not gonna buy them at full price.

Yoshida wouldn't have tweeted about Spyro2 on vita if Sony was just going to pull it again.

Moobabe

I suspect this was planned all along, just released a little early. There's probably going to be a blog post to coincide with a PSP and PSOne sale. At least I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom