• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 01/08/09

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Goldrusher said:
You'll never achieve 100% in WipEout HD.
Unless he's Maxax.

Tntnnbltn

More PSone games that have been re-rated by PEGI... The following are all from Zoo Digital Publishing, who manage the rights to titles developed by Gremlin Interactive. They've already released four PSone titles on the store (Hardcore 4x4, Judge Dredd, Motorhead and N2O).

► Actua Golf
► Actua Ice Hockey
► Actua Pool
► Actua Soccer 3
► Actua Tennis
► Blockids
► Buggy
► Gekido
► Gekioh: Shooting King
► Hogs Of War
► Loaded
► Premier Manager 2000
► Re-Loaded
► Turnabout

(Link to PEGI search)

I didn't see these yesterday because I was searching through System:playStation Network instead of System:playStation 1. Turns out PSClassics can be classified as either of the two.

There's heaps of other titles in the PlayStation 1 category, but PEGI's database goes back to 2003, so a portion of those will be ratings for the original release. I only picked out the Zoo Digital ones because they have an asterisk, meaning "that this game has previously been rated under the ELSPA and/or SELL system." The other titles I mentioned Zoo Digital have released appear the same way.

Edit: Oh, and Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage was re-rated by the ESRB. Keeping up, kassatsu? :p

buffi

Banned
Goldrusher said:
You'll never achieve 100% in WipEout HD.

Hah, no I wont indeed and I'm fine with that. Wipeout is insane.

Corran Horn said:
teach me master

where is a good list of how to get trophies for the Everbody Putter Golf game

I didn't really use any guide for it. You have a list for all the trophies here:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/everybodys-putter-golf/trophies/

I used traditional shots for everything except the hole in one using motion controls trophy.
Consecutive Hole in ones are of course easiest on hole 1-3.

The target for SSS ranking is -12.
SVMgXVZMu.jpg

You need a almost perfect run for that. I believe the best run possible is -13 so you are allowed to "mess up" on one hole out of nine.

To be able to always get hole in ones and so on, I used visual queues. This means something like "rotate the camera until Toro's right ear reaches the left side of the rock in the background and then release at 90% speed" and similar stuff.

Mostly it comes down to practices mode on each hole until you've got a good feel for them, and then just utilizing that in the other modes. I believe beating Jasmine requires -10 or so. If you can get SSS then you should be fine in that mode as well.

Dante

buffi said:
Yeah, I've maxed out 10 or 11 games I think. Four retail games and a bunch of PSN stuff.

What's your level so far?!?!? and point total?

Color me impressed, my highest trophy count on my friendslist is TTP, but you might have him beat.

Dante

Nice Buffi, You got room on your friendlist? If so I'll send you a request tomorrow. It will be under:

Jenovah.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Savage Moons a pretty sweet game, you can get a camera in the towers n watch em blast shit... yay. good fun. Downloading Crash Commando and Soldner or whatever as well, yay PSN.

consoul

So has anyone else noticed how shit hot Tekken 6 is looking all of a sudden?

This new trailer is very similar to the one released around Q3 last year ...except that the fluidity of motion in this new trailer is incredible. There's some heavy motion blur being applied in-game now, and it looks freakin' gorgeous.

When you check out some of the gameplay sequences in this trailer frame by frame the blur looks completely over the top, but in motion it's really starting to make T6 look damn good.

Returners

buffi said:
I didn't really use any guide for it. You have a list for all the trophies here:

I used traditional shots for everything except the hole in one using motion controls trophy.

SVMgXVZMu.jpg

You need a almost perfect run for that. I believe the best run possible is -13 so you are allowed to "mess up" on one hole out of nine.

To be able to always get hole in ones and so on, I used visual queues. This means something like "rotate the camera until Toro's right ear reaches the left side of the rock in the background and then release at 90% speed" and similar stuff.

Mostly it comes down to practices mode on each hole until you've got a good feel for them, and then just utilizing that in the other modes. I believe beating Jasmine requires -10 or so. If you can get SSS then you should be fine in that mode as well.

This might sound dumb, but where do you DL this game, is it PSN or in Hot Shots 5?

buffi

Banned
Returners said:
This might sound dumb, but where do you DL this game, is it PSN or in Hot Shots 5?

It's up on the Japanese and Hong Kong PSN. Does not require Everybodys Golf since it is completely stand alone.

It's not very good, and it's really really short.

Tntnnbltn

Okay I've been doing even more digging around with the PEGI website. The PEGI search results don't show the date of rating, so you can't tell if the rating is from the original PlayStation 1 release, or if it's a re-rating for release on PSN. But PEGI only came into use in April 2003... Titles much older than this wouldn't have received a PEGI rating for the original release, right?

I've been cross-referencing the PlayStation 1 titles in the PEGI database with the date of classification by the OFLC (Australian classification board). Here is a list of those titles which were also rated in Australia prior to 2003... (Australian classification date in square brackets)

► [15/02/1995] * Tekken (SCEE)
► [10/10/1995] * Ridge Racer (SCEE) (1)
► [22/01/1996] Twisted Metal (SCEE) (1)
► [22/01/1996] ** Loaded (Zoo Digital)
► [06/06/1996] * Bust a Move 2 (505 Games)
► [15/10/1996] ** Actua Golf (Zoo Digital)
► [23/10/1996] * Tomb Raider (Eidos)
► [05/03/1997] ** Re-Loaded (Zoo Digital)
► [04/04/1997] Porsche Challenge (SCEE)
► [26/08/1997] Bust a Move 3DX (505 Games)
► [19/09/1997] * G-Police (SCEE) (2)
► [10/10/1997] * Tomb Raider II (Eidos)
► [02/10/1998] * International Track & Field (Konami Digital) (2)
► [18/11/1998] * Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Laura Croft (Eidos)
► [06/10/1999] ** Actua Pool (Zoo Digital)
► [20/10/1999] Dino Crisis (Capcom Eurosoft)
► [19/11/1999] Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (Eidos)
► [02/03/2000] * Syphon Filter 2 (SCEE)
► [13/03/2000] ** Premier Manager 2000 (Zoo Digital)
► [22/03/2000] ** Gekido: Urban Fighters (Zoo Digital)
► [17/04/2000] Bishi Bashi Special (Konami Digital) (2)
► [24/05/2000] * In Cold Blood (SCEE)
► [19/06/2000] * Destruction Derby Raw (SCEE)
► [19/06/2000] ** Hogs of War (Zoo Digital)
► [06/11/2000] * WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role (THQ)
► [01/12/2000] Tomb Raider: Chronicles
► [25/07/2002] Michael Schumacher Racing World Kart 2002 (JoWooD Productions) (3)
► [10/09/2002] Firebugs (SCEE) (3)
► [21/11/2002] Jinx (SCEE) (3)

(1) We already knew about these titles on the OP list
(2) These titles actually have been released on the Euro PSN store, validating the search method I used
(3) These titles start approaching the PEGI launch
* These titles were part of the PSone Platinum range and may have been re-rated for their Platinum release. I haven't checked the Platinum release dates, although from what I can tell the Platinum re-releases were still before PEGI.
** Later re-released by Zoo Digital post-2003.

Note that not all games were released in Australia. There were about 40 titles on the list that didn't show up on the OFLC database, and I didn't bother hunting around for release dates. Some of the new titles I listed in Post 202 are not in the above list for this reason.

Also, there was a whole bunch of titles from Disney. For a lot of them, each title was entered twice in the PEGI database; once by The Walt Disney Company Ltd and once by SCEE. (Screenshot included below.) Don't know what's going on with them, so I didn't include them in the above list even though they were pre-2003.

opsl7q.png

That took a lot of effort. I'm having a break now. :lol

Rimshot

My question is do you all think Alundra and or Chrono Chross might come out on PSN or am I just fooling myself in my wait and hope for it? :(

MadFuzzy

Tntnnbltn said:
Okay I've been doing even more digging around with the PEGI website. The PEGI search results don't show the date of rating, so you can't tell if the rating is from the original PlayStation 1 release, or if it's a re-rating for release on PSN. But PEGI only came into use in April 2003... Titles much older than this wouldn't have received a PEGI rating for the original release, right?

No they wouldn't, they would have had an ELSPA rating and there's no database for that as far as I can recall.

What might have happened is that some games may have been re-rated after the PEGI system came in to force so that they could be sold as part of budget game bundles.

If an old game was rated under the old ELSPA system, but a publisher wanted to re-release the game on PS1 in a bundle after PEGI's system came into effect, or if the publisher of the title had changed since the original release and they wanted to do a reprint of the game (which was the case for certain Gremlin games when Zoo Digital bought the Gremlin back catalogue) it would have needed re-rating or it couldn't be sold in Europe.

This might be the case for some of the Disney titles and some of the budget publisher titles for example where it was still viable to make money selling cheap PS1 games to younger kids who hadn't got a PS2 yet.

Returners

Hey does anyone know how the PSP DRM works?

I want to download some PSN PSP games using the PSP PSN store but I'm afraid its only tied to the PSP (meaning I won't be able to redownload on the PS3 for backup)

Darkpen

Banned
Returners said:
Hey does anyone know how the PSP DRM works?

I want to download some PSN PSP games using the PSP PSN store but I'm afraid its only tied to the PSP (meaning I won't be able to redownload on the PS3 for backup)
its tied to your PSN account.

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
No they wouldn't, they would have had an ELSPA rating and there's no database for that as far as I can recall.

What might have happened is that some games may have been re-rated after the PEGI system came in to force so that they could be sold as part of budget game bundles.

If an old game was rated under the old ELSPA system, but a publisher wanted to re-release the game on PS1 in a bundle after PEGI's system came into effect, or if the publisher of the title had changed since the original release and they wanted to do a reprint of the game (which was the case for certain Gremlin games when Zoo Digital bought the Gremlin back catalogue) it would have needed re-rating or it couldn't be sold in Europe.

This might be the case for some of the Disney titles and some of the budget publisher titles for example where it was still viable to make money selling cheap PS1 games to younger kids who hadn't got a PS2 yet.
Thanks.

I went through and checked my list again. 12 of those titles were re-released under SCEE's Platinum label. I figured some of these might have been re-released as Platinum after 2003 and received a PEGI logo. I don't have Platinum re-release dates, but I had a look at the boxarts for some of the later titles which went Platinum and those were all still under ELSPA. It also looks like all of the Disney titles I found also went Platinum, but as with the other Platinum titles, it still is just showing to ELSPA rating on the Platinum boxarts.
2hy8b2v.jpg
6itpo9.jpg
143ox1i.jpg

The Zoo Digital re-releases were post-2003. All were re-rated for PEGI for this reason. At least with Zoo Digital being PSN-friendly I guess it means they don't have to get all their titles rated before submission to Sony. (And god those cases are ugly.)
97thde.jpg
6r57dd.jpg
30az0p3.jpg

Dante

consoul said:
So has anyone else noticed how shit hot Tekken 6 is looking all of a sudden?

This new trailer is very similar to the one released around Q3 last year ...except that the fluidity of motion in this new trailer is incredible. There's some heavy motion blur being applied in-game now, and it looks freakin' gorgeous.

When you check out some of the gameplay sequences in this trailer frame by frame the blur looks completely over the top, but in motion it's really starting to make T6 look damn good.

Wait!! Where can I grab this video???

MadFuzzy

Tntnnbltn said:
12 of those titles were re-released under SCEE's Platinum label. I figured some of these might have been re-released as Platinum after 2003 and received a PEGI logo.

If the normal version was rated before PEGI came in and the publisher didn't change, I believe that they didn't need a PEGI rating for the Platinum version which would explain those boxes.

Tntnnbltn said:
It also looks like all of the Disney titles I found also went Platinum, but as with the other Platinum titles, it still is just showing to ELSPA rating on the Platinum boxarts.

For the Disney stuff, it's possible that they got their publishing rights back for various games from SCEE and wanted to reprint them, hence the re-ratings. If you look on ebay there's a number of PAL PS1 Disney titles that have both ELSPA and PEGI versions with different ratings on the front of the box.

You can see why publishing PS1 downloads in Europe and the US might be a bit of a nightmare, because often the original publisher may have gone out of business or been bought out since the game was originally released or the rights to release it no longer belong to whoever had them at the time, so it's up to someone else to release them.

I think that the latter might be the case for quite a lot of Japanese games released in Europe, such as titles by Namco, Taito and Enix which were published by SCEE or Ubisoft at the time, but who now have their own operations in Europe.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
buffi said:

SVMgXVZMu.jpg

Any tips on the last hole? That one seems to be my biggest issue, I can get to like -11 and then that hole will tear me up at times

HoTHiTTeR

buffi said:

SVMgXVZMu.jpg

I dont want to come across as an idiot about hot shots and putting, I'm a damn G1 online in HSG:eek:ob and a G0 online in Open Tee 2; but how the fuck do you putt in this game? Theres no rhyme or reason to the meter it seems like. a full power shot one time, doesn't go the same length as a full power shot another. I had to quit playing because it became so frustrating.

kassatsu

Banned
4 new psone games got added today on JPSN

Pop n Pop
Monster Farm Jump
Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Mikan no Rupo
G-Police

Thread will be up tomorrow night for this week.

amodf

kassatsu said:
4 new psone games got added today on JPSN

Pop n Pop
Monster Farm Jump
Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Mikan no Rupo
G-Police

Thread will be up tomorrow night for this week.

blegh ugh puke barf monster farm jump and pop n pop blugh

also G-Police came out in japan who knew

kuYuri

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
HoTHiTTeR said:
I dont want to come across as an idiot about hot shots and putting, I'm a damn G1 online in HSG:eek:ob and a G0 online in Open Tee 2; but how the fuck do you putt in this game? Theres no rhyme or reason to the meter it seems like. a full power shot one time, doesn't go the same length as a full power shot another. I had to quit playing because it became so frustrating.
It sucks lol, basically you need to find a placement for your body and a strength % for each hole to get a good score. I finally got SSS today after like 4 hours -.-' 100% now

zoku88

HoTHiTTeR said:
Did you take stuff like the slope in account? The power meter does actually matter....

The character you're using also matters.

HoTHiTTeR

yah I guess I just don't get it. When you're playing HSG/EBG5 there's a distance for the PT. There's not on this game. I just need a tutorial or something.

Tntnnbltn

http://games.blogo.nl/?comments/2009114-ps3-ps2-psn-en-psp-releases.html said:
PS3, PS2, PSN en PSP releases Q1 2009

Sony Computer Entertainment Benelux heeft vanochtend alle PS3, PS2, PSN en PSP releases voor het eerste kwartaal van 2009 bekend gemaakt. De meeste PS3 bezitters weten uiteraard dat Killzone 2 er aankomt, maar wat voor games brengt Sony nog meer uit in de komende maanden? Hieronder een overzicht met alle game releases!

FEBRUARY 2009

► PlayStation 2
○ Wipe-out Pulse

► PSP
○ Patapon 2

► PlayStation Network
○ Socom Confrontation
○ Radgoll KungFu
○ Flower

► PlayStation 3
○ Socom Confrontation bundle (+ headset)
○ Killzone 2 (TBC)

MARCH 2009

► PlayStation 2
○ Buzz! De Slimste van Nederland
○ SingStar Queen

► PSP
○ Resistance Retribution

► PlayStation Network
○ Fat Princess

► PlayStation 3
○ SingStar Queen
Fat Princess aiming for March? Om nom nom.

Sources: Varous dutch gaming sites

Stink

what's the full rundown of out and announced PSP->PS2 ports?

LC Stories
VC Stories
Size Matters
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
WO: Pulse
Daxter
Tokobot

?

Top Bottom