• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/23/08 (Christmas Week)... Suikoden!

Oni Jazar

The LOTR game is a Star Wars Battlefront clone. At least the multiplayer is. I tried jumping straight into an online match but it didn't go well at all. I'm usually a fan of these kind of team matches but it just felt like chaos. How can a sword dude make a connection when everyone else is blasting you with bolts? I'll try the tutorial but it just looks like the quality is extremely poor.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I probably wont get to it for a while..but downloaded Suikoden anyway. Too good to pass up.

Oni Jazar said:
The LOTR game is a Star Wars Battlefront clone. At least the multiplayer is. I tried jumping straight into an online match but it didn't go well at all. I'm usually a fan of these kind of team matches but it just felt like chaos. How can a sword dude make a connection when everyone else is blasting you with bolts? I'll try the tutorial but it just looks like the quality is extremely poor.

Your best bet is the blind side them when they're focused on someone else. Or you could just use the Scout and sneak up on them. Once you're in close range the Mage and Archers are push overs.

The latest Pain update also went up today, adding a replay editor and Youtube support. Should be pretty sweet.

My PS3 is at home. :(

sprocket

Banned
Oni Jazar said:

should have done the tutorial there is a lot of things you can do.

I personally love the demo and now its a day 1 purchase for me!

teiresias

I remember renting Suikoden way back when it was first released and trying it out. I don't remember what I thought of it though - worth it? I wish the PSOne releases would speed up in the US. I mean, I'd love to get a chance to play Blood Omen, when the hell are they dumping that?

Oh well, at least I've got Castlevania: Chronicles burning up some of my time and satiating my Castlevania fix (and with a non-Metroidvania style game for once!!).

Skilletor

Suikoden was one of the games I missed out on the original Playstation. Bought that ish with the quickness. Konami has delivered two weeks in a row. :D

stawnkald

Suikoden yes! One of my many regrets was selling my original copy when I was a poor college kid looking to pay the bills.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm happy that Sony's starting to release more PSOne games, but Lumines Supernova... damn, I already spent to download Lumines Live and all of the add-on packs, don't know if I want to double-dip...

Mau ®

Lumines Supernova is pretty awesome. I've only played the Holiday pack but its even more trippy than I remember from the original PSP game.

I find it odd that they don't advertise TrophiesTM as a feature for LuminesSupernova. I started getting worried when I read the features listed on it's store page.

It has trophies though!

My life, on track.

AnonymousNoob said:
I find it odd that they don't advertise TrophiesTM as a feature for LuminesSupernova. I started getting worried when I read the features listed on it's store page.

It has trophies though!

My life, on track.

I suppose we're to the point where they don't need to stick some splash image with TROPHIESS!!1 on the press list.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Is bust a groove going to be europe only? if so how do i make a euro account and download it? I MUST have it. MUST.

Spruchy

Ploid 3.0 said:
Wow Suikoden for $600 on ebay. (highest)

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUDEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUIKODEN-1-PLAYSTATION-PS1-PS2-BLACK-LABEL-FREE-SHIPPIN_W0QQitemZ250345139127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item250345139127&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Try $41. But close!

went crazy today since it is christmas. bought Lumines, both LBP packs, and suikoden. also download the conquest demo and pulse.

my ps3 is going to be on for quite sometime tonight.

Chris R

A Wipeout demo would have been a nice Christmas present. As it stands I'll probably grab Suikoden (love RPGs, never had the chance to play this one) and one of the Foo songs for Rockband.

Oni Jazar

Allright I put in some more time with the LOTR demo.

After going through the tutorial and getting a feel for the characters and controls it's better then I expected.

I was able to do OK in the multiplayer matches and it could actually be fun. The graphics are still horrible but at least there's a game under there. I liked being a troll and picking up fools who got close. :)

Still it's a shame that the game isn't more polished. The LOTR action games were among my favorite games of the last generation and this doesn't look as good to me. I know it's a little different but we'll see.

There's a lot of stuff that could make this game very cool like a leveling system and more mounts. If you can fly around in a dragon or eagle that would be sweet.

Suikoden!! omg

last week we got Castlevania and Rayman, and this week we got Suikoden..

can it be? is this finally the time US psn get weekly ps1 release? I hope it is.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Lumines Supernova is pretty slick. I've been waiting for a nice complete package for a while (I own the two PSP games, but not the console releases). Nice to finally enjoy it on the TV.

My biggest disappointment lies in the lack of the best songs from the PSP game. It's a damn shame they couldn't get the license to include them in this version as they worked so damn well on PSP (especially Lights).

MoxManiac said:
it's going to be hilarious to watch when suikoden 2 goes up for 6 bucks (if it actually does, anyways)

If they were to put Suikoden 2 on PSN, anyone think they'd price it to 10 bucks like they did for Castlevania SOTN, or was that to price it on the same level as that different version on XBLA?

Dropped both LBP download packs and Lumines into my cart....$30....then had some pre-purchase buyers' remorse and put back Lumines. I may go back and get it. I want to play it so bad but I've already got it on 360 and PSP

Aeon712

Downloading Lumines, can't wait to start playing it. I was also hoping Sony would add the Mirror's Edge music video to the store. I hate having to turn on my 360 whenever I want to watch it >_<.

Woot, Suikoden! I have an original copy but I'm going to get this on PSN also to support the series.

And Disgaea 3 DLC too? Excellent.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I might triple dip on Lumines...only because of the new backgrounds/levels.

About the LBP MGS stuff. If I buy the levels, I will play them with my sackboy, but everyone will look normal, not MGS'd out?

dskillzhtown said:
I might triple dip on Lumines...only because of the new backgrounds/levels.

About the LBP MGS stuff. If I buy the levels, I will play them with my sackboy, but everyone will look normal, not MGS'd out?

edit: ops wrong reading comphrension. yeah I guess your sackboy still in their normal sackboy, not the mgs skin

GeoramA

Bought Suikoden, but I'm in the middle of SMT: Nocturne... =/

And I'm getting Fallout 3 for Christmas. Too many RPGs!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
MikeE21286 said:
Dropped both LBP download packs and Lumines into my cart....$30....then had some pre-purchase buyers' remorse and put back Lumines.

ummmm excuse me but I think you did it backwards! you dumped a game in favor of some stupid costumes?? thats where the buyers remorse should be coming from!

sol_bad

Can someone please explain if there is anything different between the Japanese and American version of Lumines Supernova?

Thank you

Zoe

amodf said:
Was the last JP store PS1 update two weeks ago?

Is it PS1 day? God I hope so.
Biohazard 3: Last Escape
Front Mission 2
Brigandine: Grand Edition
Kagero (Deception II)
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon for Girls

amodf

Zoe said:
Biohazard 3: Last Escape
Front Mission 2
Brigandine: Grand Edition
Kagero (Deception II)
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon for Girls

aww rats. except for the harvest moon games those are all games I have. I wonder why namco never released anything since tekken 2, unless they secretly did and I forgot.

Lindsay said:
ummmm excuse me but I think you did it backwards! you dumped a game in favor of some stupid costumes?? thats where the buyers remorse should be coming from!

you get MGS levels too....I'm a metal gear nut and I already have Lumines on two platforms. I'll surely be coming back for lumines later sadly enough...:lol

Picked up Lumines. I already own it for PS2 and PSP, but I am still seeing a lot of these skins for the first time. I had put away the PS2 version because it was so blurry, but this . . . looks so good now! I played for about an hour and I don't think I blinked the entire time!

Picked up the LPB set and will get into that tomorrow. I haven't played in a while and I hear there is a new improved search function (the reason I wasn't playing) so I am excited for that.

Also picked up CC as well on the advice of other Gaffers. Definitely doesn't disappoint. I still suck at it (only played about 30 mins against bots), but this looks to be a great multiplayer diversion. Hopefully the online will be busy for the next month or so until KZ2 releases.

This I might pick up Suikoden for when I complete Valkyria Chronicles. How does Suikoden hold up? I see that it is sprite based, so the graphics shouldn't be an issue. For those that have played it, what RPG would you compare it to?

Christmas is great. Thanks for the great update Sony.

Top Bottom