• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/23/08 (Christmas Week)... Suikoden!

M3wThr33

Banned
the_prime_mover said:
Picked up Lumines. I already own it for PS2 and PSP, but I am still seeing a lot of these skins for the first time. I had put away the PS2 version because it was so blurry, but this . . . looks so good now! I played for about an hour and I don't think I blinked the entire time!

Picked up the LPB set and will get into that tomorrow. I haven't played in a while and I hear there is a new improved search function (the reason I wasn't playing) so I am excited for that.

Also picked up CC as well on the advice of other Gaffers. Definitely doesn't disappoint. I still suck at it (only played about 30 mins against bots), but this looks to be a great multiplayer diversion. Hopefully the online will be busy for the next month or so until KZ2 releases.

This I might pick up Suikoden for when I complete Valkyria Chronicles. How does Suikoden hold up? I see that it is sprite based, so the graphics shouldn't be an issue. For those that have played it, what RPG would you compare it to?

Christmas is great. Thanks for the great update Sony.

Yeah, I own both on the PSP, completed 100% both on the PSP, and own the PS2 version and I feel compelled to buy this. I also bought the PC one for my brother last Christmas.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
How does Suikoden 1 compare to 2? I haven't played any of the games, but isn't 2 generally considered the better one? Is this like when Capcom put Alpha 1 on PS store when everyone really wanted Alpha 2 or 3?

I have my credit card out ready to buy, I'm just a little weary as I've never tried this series before.

Druz

sykoex said:
How does Suikoden 1 compare to 2? I haven't played any of the games, but isn't 2 generally considered the better one? Is this like when Capcom put Alpha 1 on PS store whenever everyone really wanted Alpha 2 or 3?

I have my credit card out ready to buy, I'm just a little weary as I've never tried this series before.

Suikoden 2 is the better one(I love the first one), but the timeline is almost directly after 1. A lot of characters come back from the first and it's good to know how it all starts out.. I liked 2 largely because of 1. I don't have a PS3, just clicked on the thread because I'm jealous.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Druz said:
Suikoden 2 is the better one(I love the first one), but the timeline is almost directly after 1. A lot of characters come back from the first and it's good to know how it all starts out.. I liked 2 largely because of 1. I don't have a PS3, just clicked on the thread because I'm jealous.
Thanks.

cvxfreak

BIOHAZARD 3?!?!?!?!

2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg

2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg

2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg

2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg

Aru

At last Suikoden is out !

I don't know if I already talked about this on GAF, but I'll tell it right there.

I recently talked with one of my cousin who played the game the same time as me. He remembers as well as me that only ONCE (we could never do this twice, so maybe it was a bug ?), at the beginning of the game when
Windy sends some guards to catch Ted in McDohl's house, I actually kept Ted in my team ! IIRC, Gremio stayed behind (not sure about that, but I'm SURE that Ted stayed with me). I started the game many times after this and I never got Ted in my team.
. I wasn't dreaming and my memories aren't fooling me (because we are 2 people to remember it, we coulnd't be dreaming at the same time, no ? :p)

I can't check on GFaqs (I'm at work), but when I search the Internet for that some time ago, I don't remember finding anything about it.

tribal24

Banned
sigh i just wasted 37$ on psn tonight got singstar songs, lumines , mgs lbp, and disagaea charecters. this is as bad as the time i wasted 55$ when wipeout hd came out. psn is amaizng right now

Ashour

Got LBP MGS pack, the new character for hot shot gold (it’s free after all) and Suikoden, though I made a stupid mistake and bought it with my second account so now I can’t play it on the PSP unless I activate it with that account and if I do, all the other games I already downloaded won’t be playable, I’m disappointed that there isn’t a Lumines demo as I’ve never played it before and I’m not gona pay $15 until I try it.

Good week overall and just in time since there won’t be any updates until the 8th of January.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
SappYoda said:
SCEE needs a blog for people to know when they are going to release things, and why are things delayed.

Whats been delayed? Penny Arcade, Street Fighter... what else?

I'll send a bulk of questions to them after Christmas, or in the new year.

postaboy

A little HELP here please.

How the hetch are you supposed to save in Suikoden?
When I try saving, it asked for a memory card slot which i don't have. I have a 20gig ps3 and I don't think my 20gig ps3 has a memory slot. Do i popped in a flash drive into the PS3 USB to save? Don't tell me that I wasted $5.99 on a game that I cannot save at all.

Thanks

SappYoda

McBacon said:

Right now I'm also mad at the lack of Fallout 3 patch for non-english speakers.

And maybe today you will have to add lumines to that list (I hope not).

SappYoda

postaboy said:

When I try saving, it asked for a memory card slot which i don't have. I have a 20gig ps3 and I don't think my 20gig ps3 has a memory slot. Do i popped in a flash drive into the PS3 USB to save? Don't tell me that I wasted $5.99 on a game that I cannot save at all.

Thanks

You have to create a (virtual) PS1 memory card inside the XMB.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
postaboy said:

Thanks

Go to the game menu on XMB and scroll up to the PS1/PS2 memory utility option. Make a PS1 one. Didn't it tell you to when you first started the game up?

Cronen

McBacon said:

Echochrome trophy patch. PixelJunk Eden patch?

postaboy

Go to the game menu on XMB and scroll up to the PS1/PS2 memory utility option. Make a PS1 one. Didn't it tell you to when you first started the game up?

oh that's how you do it. thanks for the help.

No such luck for a morning update to UK PSN.

Go on SCEE, entirely miss the Christmas deadline and force us to wait til the new year for any new content. Perhaps the shitstorm that would create would finally have some of these assholes fired and replaced.

Hope youre all enjoying your shitload of content
fdu0pg.gif

I just downloaded and watched Plus for the first time. Pretty boring but damn that chick is hot!! I will keep downloading future episodes because of this.

Also I am getting pretty damn annoyed with the HOME icon being ahead of the PS Store icon. I keep accidentally entering Home when I just want the bloody store! The menu scheme that I have been using for the past 2 years or so has been switched up from me and I don't like it! I bet this was an intentional decision by Sony too.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
PuppetMaster said:
I just downloaded and watched Plus for the first time. Pretty boring but damn that chick is hot!! I will keep downloading future episodes because of this.

Also I am getting pretty damn annoyed with the HOME icon being ahead of the PS Store icon. I keep accidentally entering Home when I just want the bloody store! The menu scheme that I have been using for the past 2 years or so has been switched up from me and I don't like it! I bet this was an intentional decision by Sony too.
Oh god, is everyone gonna be calling is Plus now? First everyone calling Qore "Cwore", now this. Sony needs to "idiot test" these names. :lol

lupinko

No one buy Jeopardy it's garbage,
I sadly bought it when it came out,
if you want a GOOD quiz game, just buy PS3 Buzz! QuizTV, comes with 4 wireless buzzers and has all that neat dlc.

Which reminds me, I have to pick that up during this boxing day if possible.

Rolf NB

I think I'm just about done with SCEE at this point. So what's the cheapest way to procure US PSN prepaid cards in Europe? Play-asia?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Is lumines a good "podcast game" or do you have to be able to hear the techno music and stuff to play it?

klee123

bcn-ron said:
I think I'm just about done with SCEE at this point. So what's the cheapest way to procure US PSN prepaid cards in Europe? Play-asia?

PM strider2k99. He should help ya out.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
DEMOS

► WipEout HD
○ 1040 MB

► Metal Gear Online
○ 886 MB

► Sonic Unleashed
○ 239 MB

GAMES

► Savage Moon
○ £6.29

► Mahjon Tales: Ancient Wisdom
○ £7.99

PSP GAMES

► Guilty Gear Judgement
○ £9.99

► Dead Head Fred
○ £15.99

► Off Road Racing
○ £9.99

► Pipe Mania
○ £9.99

SEASONAL OFFERS

► WipEout HD (£11.99)
► Super Starudst HD (£3.99)
► Pain (£3.99)
► The Last Guy (£3.99)
► Toy Home (£3.99)
► Echochrome (£4.79)
► flOw (£3.99)

○ Toy Home: Second Gear Pack (£1.59)
○ Snakeball: Team Mode Pack (£1.59)
○ Eye of Judgment: Biolith Rebellion SET.2 and SET.3 Combo Pack (£8.39)

ADD-ONS

► Buzz Quiz TV
○ National Geographic: Undersea (£6.29)

► Everbody's Golf: World Tour
○ Mainichi Issho Lobby Character Headwear (Free)
○ Extra Character - Toro (Free)

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Metal Gear Solid levels & goodies (£4.79)
○ Metal Gear Solid costumes (£4.79 or £1.59 per costume)
- Solid Snake
- Meryl Silverburgh
- Screaming Mantis
- Raiden

► Shaun White Snowboarding
○ Glamour Pack - (£3.99)

► Rock Band
○ Rockin The Holidays 2008 Pack (£1.69 or £0.59 per song)
♪ “Hanukkah Blessings” - Barenaked Ladies
♪ “Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You” - Billy Squier
♪ “Blue Christmas” - The Pretenders

○ Foo Fighters Pack (£2.49 or £0.99 per song)
♪ "DOA"
♪ "Times Like These"
♪ "This Is A Call"

► Guitar Hero World Tour
○ Reggae Rock Track Pack (free)
♪ "Jimi" - Slightly Stoopid
♪ "Your Face" - Pepper
♪ "Sacrifice" - Expendables

○ Hard Rock Track Pack (£4.39 or £1.59 per song)
♪ "Use Me" - Hinder
♪ "Because of You" - Nickelback
♪ "Light it Up" - Rev Theory

They need to hurry up & release Street Fighter HD!
I'm gonna get it regardless but I would prefer they release it before Street Fighter IV comes out, I'm sure more people would buy it before SF IV comes & not afterwards

Goldrusher

McBacon's list with euro pricing...

DEMOS

► WipEout HD
○ 1040 MB

► Metal Gear Online
○ 886 MB

► Sonic Unleashed
○ 239 MB

GAMES

► Savage Moon
○ £6.29 (€7,99)

► Mahjon Tales: Ancient Wisdom
○ £7.99

PSP GAMES

► Guilty Gear Judgement
○ £9.99 (€12,99)

► Dead Head Fred
○ £15.99

► Off Road Racing
○ £9.99

► Pipe Mania
○ £9.99

SEASONAL OFFERS

► WipEout HD (£11.99) (€14,99)
► Super Starudst HD (£3.99) (€4,99)
► Pain (£3.99) (€4,99)
► The Last Guy (£3.99) (€4,99)
► Toy Home (£3.99) (€4,99)
► Echochrome (£4.79) (€5,99)
► flOw (£3.99) (€4,99)

○ Toy Home: Second Gear Pack (£1.59) (€1,99)
○ Snakeball: Team Mode Pack (£1.59) (€1,99)
○ Eye of Judgment: Biolith Rebellion SET.2 and SET.3 Combo Pack (£8.39) (€11,99)

ADD-ONS

► Buzz Quiz TV
○ National Geographic: Undersea (£6.29) (€7,99)

► Everbody's Golf: World Tour
○ Mainichi Issho Lobby Character Headwear (Free)
○ Extra Character - Toro (Free)

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Metal Gear Solid levels & goodies (£4.79) (€5,99)
○ Metal Gear Solid costumes (£4.79 or £1.59 per costume) (€5,99 or €1,99)
- Solid Snake
- Meryl Silverburgh
- Screaming Mantis
- Raiden

► Shaun White Snowboarding
○ Glamour Pack - (£3.99) (€4,99)

► Rock Band
○ Rockin The Holidays 2008 Pack (£1.69 or £0.59 per song) (€2,99 or €0,99)
♪ “Hanukkah Blessings” - Barenaked Ladies
♪ “Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You” - Billy Squier
♪ “Blue Christmas” - The Pretenders

○ Foo Fighters Pack (£2.49 or £0.99 per song) (€5,49 or €1,49)
♪ "DOA"
♪ "Times Like These"
♪ "This Is A Call"

► Guitar Hero World Tour
○ Reggae Rock Track Pack (free)
♪ "Jimi" - Slightly Stoopid
♪ "Your Face" - Pepper
♪ "Sacrifice" - Expendables

○ Hard Rock Track Pack (£4.39 or £1.59 per song) (€5,49 or €1,99)
♪ "Use Me" - Hinder
♪ "Because of You" - Nickelback
♪ "Light it Up" - Rev Theory

Raist

Banned
McBacon said:
Oh yeah, forgot Suikoden, Street Fighter, Penny Arcade and Lumines, let me edi..... oh wait :(

We'll never get it. Most of the PS1 games released in the US haven't been released in europe, and vice versa. Let's not even talk about Japan

Top Bottom