• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gamestop has one in stock. Was on teh fence the entire time, now that I can get one not sure if I should pull the trigger.

Gaf please help? What comes in this FEB for $50.00 more than the regular one for $299?

You pay $30 for Little Deviants, $30 for a case, and lose out on 4GB of storage. Unless you want both Little Deviants and the case, I would just wait. Not wanting every item in the box means you're just throwing away money and losing out on 4GB of storage.

Hawk269

You pay $30 for Little Deviants, $30 for a case, and lose out on 4GB of storage. Unless you want both Little Deviants and the case, I would just wait. Not wanting every item in the box means you're just throwing away money and losing out on 4GB of storage.

The game I could care less about, the rest is what I would need. Plus does it not come with screen protectors?

The game I could care less about, the rest is what I would need. Plus does it not come with screen protectors?

It does not. Amazon has a 3G bundle where you get the 3G Vita, 8GB memory card and a screen protector for $299, release date delivery and depending on where you are, possibly no tax.

Weenerz

Banned
Went to my local gamestop to cancel my preorder on my games so I can do the B2G1 from Target, randomly asked if anyone canceled their FEB and BAM! A certain Weenerz now owns a 3g/wifi FEB BABY WOOHOO!

First impressions from the system, its heavier than the gamestop display felt, even with it being a working displayed tethered to the wall. Also, Rayman is GORGEOUS!

Hawk269

It does not. Amazon has a 3G bundle where you get the 3G Vita, 8GB memory card and a screen protector for $299, release date delivery and depending on where you are, possibly no tax.

Yeah...tempting as it is, going to pass on the FEB. For starters, dont care about the game. Secondly, 4gb memory is going to not be enough, so that would not be of much use since I dont want to be swapping memory cards in and out.

I will just get a regular release system, get a 16gb or 32gb memory and then piece the other stuff together as needed.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

bodine1231

Ok I'm fuckin pissed at the case that comes with the FEB. Look at this shit,why the hell did they only include FOUR holding spots? I have to pull every game out to find the one I want. And because I have to stack them on top each other the rubber band cant hold them so when I reopen the case they are loose. Sucks!!

BTW,what PSP games have ya'll bought? I got Dissidia and Mega Man X.

7a6e636b.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Little Deviants is surprisingly fun, and I had a great time watching her play the shooting motion control level.

Uncharted is underwhelming and we're planning on trading it in if Gravity Rush arrives soon. It looks really messy. I also think it's more of a shared big screen experience for us, so there's no draw.

B.O.O.M

Ok I'm fuckin pissed at the case that comes with the FEB. Look at this shit,why the hell did they only include FOUR holding spots? I have to pull every game out to find the one I want. And because I have to stack them on top each other the rubber band cant hold them so when I reopen the case they are loose. Sucks!!

7a6e636b.jpg

The only thing I could think of was how many games you already have and how jealous I am right now lol

7a6e636b.jpg

Yeah I have that problem too.

I want to see if the card case is small enough for that big pocket in the FEB case.

UberTag

Kind of glad I passed on the FEB and just went with standard Wi-Fi a week early seeing how Little Deviants is sub-60 on Metacritic, I would never use the 4GB stick and the case smells like garbage.

Weenerz

Banned
Silly question, but I purchased SSD on my PS3 ahead of time, how do I get it on the vita? It shows in my transaction history, but I dont see a download option >_>

patsu

Anyone? And what should the audio codec be?

Might want to wait a while for others to investigate.

I have sync'ed SD TV episodes and movies over to Vita. These are from PSN Video Store. They play fine.

But Vita refused to copy my purchased HD videos (also from PSN Store) over.

The issue is more complex than just audio codecs. I suspect it may be related to the bitrate, supported # of keyframes, etc.

7a6e636b.jpg

That's one of the reasons I decided against it and the FEB. I went with the Crystal Case cuz it held 8. I'll hit that limit soon, but still better than 4.

Can someone answer this for me?

Not sure if you saw my answer in the thread that the question was originally asked. I did not realize I was posting my answer in that thread...I generally lurk and don't post. :)

But the answer is no, you can not play MLB 12 online Vita vs PS3.

Chris

Monster Hunter 2nd G(which i'm playing right now), Ys 3, Ys 7.

Shadybiz

...I am so dumb. It just occurred to me today that I use a Sony credit card for basically everything, which gives me points towards Sony products. I just checked the Rewards website, and it turns out that I have enough points built up to be able to purchase a FEB for about $135. So...tempting. Ugh...I will wait. The more points I build, the cheaper it'll get.

JohngPR

I love HSG. In a way, its the Vita system seller for me.

It's funny that I wasn't excited about having Hot Shots for the Vita initially until I thought about how I played the living crap out of Open Tee....I can't imagine it's worse. Hot Shots will probably be the one Vita game I get digitally for right now.

- J - D -

7a6e636b.jpg

The games fall out from under the band on yours? Mine are held just fine stacked. It works even better if you insert them horizontally instead of vertically like in your pic.

Aside from the very strong smell, I love the case. can put my headphones and cloth in it too.

anddo0

Kind of glad I passed on the FEB and just went with standard Wi-Fi a week early seeing how Little Deviants is sub-60 on Metacritic, I would never use the 4GB stick and the case smells like garbage.

Sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself you made the right decision.. Hehe

LD is trade in bait, 4GB serves it's purpose for alt accounts, and smelly case thing is just too funny.

I respect your decision. I caved, because this thread would be too much too handle until Feb 22nd.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself you made the right decision.. Hehe

LD is trade in bait, 4GB serves it's purpose for alt accounts, and smelly case thing is just too funny.

I respect your decision. I caved, because this thread would be too much too handle until Feb 22nd.
I think LD is gonna be pretty hard to offload as a trade, personally - unless you want like 5 bucks for it. Seeing as most people are gonna be doing the same thing.

JohngPR

Seems a lot of people are comparing to UC2 and UC3 but are forgetting where UC roots came from. Is the first game really that forgettable?

I for one am looking forward to this one if it's toned back somewhat, plus some of the puzzles and 'Black Market' Near feature. Come to me Nate, I am waiting!

Not only that, but Golden Abyss began developement shortly after UC1 came out, which is why it shares its feel so much.

Bebpo

Banned
I can't believe the FEB for all the extra $50 worth of useless junk doesn't even come with a freaking STRAP.

I neeeeed a strap on all my portables because I play them on treadmills and stair machines sometimes and would otherwise drop and break them quite often! Strap has saved my ass so many times.

What is a good Vita strap that I can buy? I had assumed that, like the psp, it would simply come with an official one.

Also, I like Uncharted but goddamn at the performance. I was ready for subHD PS2 resolution causing ugly pixels everywhere but I was not ready for the way lower than 30fps all the time framerate. WTF. This game obviously needed another 6 months in the oven :\ Hopefully the sequel is a lot more polished like GoW PSP1 -> GoW PSP2.

KillGore

By the way guys, I was wondering, with some people hating the Vita for having a plastic screen, what type of screen does the 3DS have? is it glass? I want to say no, since it is nintendo....but maybe they surprise me.

Bullza2o

I can't believe the FEB for all the extra $50 worth of useless junk doesn't even come with a freaking STRAP.

I neeeeed a strap on all my portables because I play them on treadmills and stair machines sometimes and would otherwise drop and break them quite often! Strap has saved my ass so many times.

What is a good Vita strap that I can buy? I had assumed that, like the psp, it would simply come with an official one.
Oh you brought up a good point and reminded me, thanks. I'm gonna use one of my Wii straps for my Vita; I did the same for my 3DS.

UberTag

So has anyone tried the MJ demo? Is it actually the full game?
It's the full game. You can unlock all the trophies.

The only dilemma is that because you don't have a purchased copy of the game, the trophies you earn won't activate and will only be local to your Vita. They won't contribute to your Trophy Level or be viewable by people seeing your profile on other Vitas or Playstation.com.

At the moment I'm planning to play through the game (it does have a lot of silvers, golds and a Plat) and may purchase the full license when it goes on some digital sale sometime down the road so the trophies will count for something.

graywolf323

has anyone else bought the warranty off the PSN Store? I'm debating whether or not the accidental damage protection is worth an extra $30 for 2 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom