• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
I'm honestly surprised at how much everyone is loving all the starters and both legends. Feels good man.

Also, I can't decide which I like more. I think Xerneas but I'm not a fan of its legs.

They've hit on a sweet spot. None of the starters offend me in any particular way, and neither cover-mon feels out of place or bland relative to designs from earlier generations. That's an improvement.

Jintor

tumblr_mgg51fNEKi1qgb1o5o1_500.gif

tumblr_mgg51fNEKi1qgb1o5o2_500.gif

tumblr_mgg51fNEKi1qgb1o5o3_500.gif

Obviously the artist url is in the link but here is another one

upandaway

Fennekin looks so much better in fanart than the official art, partly because his head can't contain his entire body three times over. I hope it'll be that way in the 3D model too and the art is just a weird perspective

Muku

I'm honestly surprised at how much everyone is loving all the starters and both legends. Feels good man.

Also, I can't decide which I like more. I think Xerneas but I'm not a fan of its legs.

Agreed. It's nice to see folks come together.

I think my main problem with Xerneas his is legs as well. The idea of walking on a sword like point is kind of cool, I guess, but just seems .. awkward. His name is rockin' though.

Guys, its Froakie Friday. Everyone needs to celebrate the best starter of this gen.

And someone needs to photoshop Froakie into the Freaky Friday poster.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Xerneas looks quite tiny in the official art (even though it's in line with the height of most boxart legendaries). Not sure I can pinpoint why, though.

Yveltal looks fucking boss, but both look really cool. Going to be a hard decision, this time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Xerneas looks quite tiny in the official art (even though it's in line with the height of most boxart legendaries). Not sure I can pinpoint why, though.

Yveltal looks fucking boss, but both look really cool. Going to be a hard decision, this time.

It's the horns. They sorta shrunk him down to fit all of him.

Anth0ny

Oh wow, this is so wrong on so many levels, starting with, "better" when not a lot of either (at least in game) has been said or you could even play it. I feel like this was just to troll, nothing I think can even beat ho-oh.

the first fucking episode, gawd look at this
Ho-Oh_Debut.png

you just know that means it's and badass rad show, in the FIRST EPISODE

in retrospect, this was some godlike shit. I always assumed this was just moltres as a kid.

it felt like we saw this (and togepi) so long before gen 2 was released.

looking at wikipedia... it kinda was. first episode of the anime aired in north america september 1998, gold/silver released october 2000. they teased gen 2 two years in advance!

Qurupeke

in retrospect, this was some godlike shit. I always assumed this was just moltres as a kid.

it felt like we saw this (and togepi) so long before gen 2 was released.

looking at wikipedia... it kinda was. first episode of the anime aired in north america september 1998, gold/silver released october 2000. they teased gen 2 two years in advance!

Well, there was also Munchlax. I remember myself trying to breed Snorlax in Emerald...

Heropon

I've read a strange theory about the legendaries representing neurons and muscle tissue. I don't know what to think about that, but having Yveltal as Fighting/Flying would be cool.

Qurupeke

I've read a strange theory about the legendaries representing neurons and muscle tissue. I don't know what to think about that, but having Yveltal as Fighting/Flying would be cool.

It's possible and it would be really cool. Fighting/Flying is a really interesting combination.

ryan13ts

You guys think we'll ever get a Legendary that actually evolves (Not just alt. forms)? That would be so boss, even though I'm sure if we do, the base form would have to be rather weak to keep it from turning into an unstoppable monster.

Qurupeke

You guys think we'll ever get a Legendary that actually evolves (Not just alt. forms)? That would be so boss, even though I'm sure if we do, the base form would have to be rather weak to keep it from turning into an unstoppable monster.

If it evolves, it isn't Legendary imo. Legendary pokemon are limited, so if they evolve, the pre evo stops to exist.

Kouriozan

Ok I decided, I'll chose Pokémon Y because I like Flying type more. I actually made several Flying type teams in older pokémon games.

Neiteio

OK, design-wise at least, Xerneas and Yveltal are probably my favorite cover legendaries. They're the first in a while to feel truly mystical. This is probably due, in part, to the fact that in a number of cultures, there are gods and great spirits taking the forms of deer and birds like eagles. There's just a sense of majesty to them. And it's nice to see the legendaries get back to something resembling real creatures, which hasn't been done since... Well, Lugia and Ho-oh (birds), and I guess Kyogre (whale).

vall03

just saw the CoroCoro leak, while people are focusing on the art of Xerneas and Yveltal. I noticed something else. Sorry if this has been discussed before but since when did Nintendo use "Pokemon" in the official logos in Japan? Afaik, they always use "Pocket Monsters" in Katakana in the logos.

Neiteio

just saw the CoroCoro leak, while people are focusing on the art of Xerneas and Yveltal. I noticed something else. Sorry if this has been discussed before but since when did Nintendo use "Pokemon" in the official logos in Japan? Afaik, they always use "Pocket Monsters" in Katakana in the logos.
Whoa, that's crazy. I'd also like to know when they started doing this. Thinking back, I do seem to recall a crazy Japanese narrator saying the word "Pokemon" rather than "Pocket Monsters," in something I saw recently.

Heropon

Since the third generation:

1KD27.png

Aggrotek

Whoa, that's crazy. I'd also like to know when they started doing this. Thinking back, I do seem to recall a crazy Japanese narrator saying the word "Pokemon" rather than "Pocket Monsters," in something I saw recently.

Pokemon just sounds better. Pretty much everyone knows what it stands for now.

Meikiyou

The logo are poketo monsuta in katakana with a little pokémon below.

In every game title since gen 3:

ICgMT.gif

CwpPA.png

KAmrw.png

OgROS.png

Neiteio

The creature designs in Pokemon are like a drug or something. Now we have five wonderful new creatures, all incredibly well-designed, and I feel very complete in one sense, riding a creative high... But I want more. It drives one batty to think that, somewhere in Japan (maybe even America, due to simultaneous localization), there is a hard drive with even MORE Pokemon... *drools*

ALSO, NEW PAGE: A reminder -- Sugimori art is out for the two legendaries, but can't be posted here since they're scans. Check the usual suspects to see them. Both look AMAZING.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In every game title since gen 3:

ICgMT.gif

CwpPA.png

KAmrw.png

OgROS.png

Didn't notice this: for Gen VI, they basically 3D-fied the Gen III / IV logo, changing the "Pokémon" label. And the DNA thing.

I'm shocked to see how much attention this is getting. Especially with fan arts. They're coming out of fucking walls, I've never seen such a massive amount in, what, 3 days after announcement? Worldwide release + 3D are really driving hype high. Heck, I've almost never played a Pokémon game, besides Platinum, and I'm hyped for this. :lol

Neiteio

Froakie Friday avatar!

Also, why can't we even say "Serebii"? Is that a banned site now?
I have no idea what's allowed and what's not. I assume we can post the legendary art by itself, once someone extracts it from the scans. I can't recall if the Xerneas art has anything over it, but the Yveltal art should cut out perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom