• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well if you go to a certain Gen 2 legendary website.

Just from the pose Yveltal is making in its art, I can already tell the animation it will use for beam-based attacks is going to be amazing.

I might actually teach it Hyper Beam. That's saying something as I normally hate the recharging moves.

Why not Focus Blast? :p

Boss Doggie

I always thought FB has wide distribution. And Keldeo firing ice lasers from its hind hooves look silly.

I wonder what would be the signature moves of these two.

Not really anything of significance, just generic hype phrases ("What type is it!?") and such. More pages to come later, presumably. Maybe a few hours from now...

Izayoi

Banned
I'm late, but Gen IV had the best region and some of the Pokemon were awesome.

I hope the new region has snow routes of some kind. Seasons are great, because you get snow for a whole month, but then you don't see it again for a long time, so that's kind of sad. I miss the northern Sinnoh routes.

Holy balls, Yveltal! He might be the first legendary I have on my main team since Rayquaza.

I'm guessing Dragon/Flying. And Steel/Ground for Xerneas?

Elider

As much as I like Xerneas, I can't unsee the mix of Virizion, Keldeo, Sawsbuck, Dialga and Kingdra.

Plus those gorgeous antlers.

It's not looking much like an X, though. I imagined it would spread its legs, but it just doesn't seem to do that in any image so far.

Is there a write-up about the Yvetal/Xerneas connection to Norse mythology? I read the post Neiteio threw down from serebii about Z, but I haven't read much on the original theory

As much as I like Xerneas, I can't unsee the mix of Virizion, Keldeo, Sawsbuck, Dialga and Kingdra.

Plus those gorgeous antlers.

It's not looking much like an X, though. I imagined it would spread its legs, but it just doesn't seem to do that in any image so far.

Just wait until the fan-art base for Team Fennekin decides to move on to another Gen VI Pokemon

I thought I was clearly in the ring for Xerneas, but goddam does Yvetal look like a total boss in the official artwork

TrutaS

The official art for Xerneas makes him look really classy. But I'm sure fanart is gonna push the cuteness out of him and that's fine too.

Yveltal has actually grown on me in this art, I thought it was a bit generic and now he seems to fit much better (and looks nicer than Giratina).

Yes, I'm just very impressed with both designs. After having a few days to digest it, I can safely say these two are my favorite mascot legendaries of the entire series. They both look majestic in a way that is befitting of their status in the Pokemon pantheon. I can't wait to learn what they rule over/control.

Gen 3 is slowly becoming one of my favorites. The pace the games move at is great. The main legendaries are awesome. I should try Leaf Green or Fire Red soon.

Izayoi

Banned
They're both awesome, actually. I wasn't sold on Yveltal at first, but the Sugimori art is much better than the pre-rendered 3D model. Hopefully the in-game model sticks more closely to the concept.

injurai

Banned
Wow the official art makes me like both the legendaries a lot. Favorite legends and starters in a while... so far the new pokemon have left a very good impression on me. Hope the trend continues.

Oh yeah! Things are looking up this gen. I think it will be really fresh to break away from some of the old molds that the series confined itself to.

eLABoRATe

Banned
Xerneas and Yveltal are better Legendaries than Lugia and Ho-Oh

There I fucking said it.

Oh wow, this is so wrong on so many levels, starting with, "better" when not a lot of either (at least in game) has been said or you could even play it. I feel like this was just to troll, nothing I think can even beat ho-oh.

the first fucking episode, gawd look at this
Ho-Oh_Debut.png

you just know that means it's and badass rad show, in the FIRST EPISODE

Qurupeke

Yveltal is the embodiment of epicness. :O

Also, something that I find weird... Why is Xerneas heavier? It's just a thin deer... And I don't think that its antlers weight that much... Could this mean, that it's part Steel? :D (Steel/Psychic). Yveltal gives me a dark vibe. I believe Dark/Dragon w/ Levitate but we already had such a thing...

Edit:
IDWdE.png
Can someone add this to my avatar? :3 [/img]

Oh man that art's lookin' good. The stream quality ruined Yveltal for me, but now I think it's caught up to Xerneas as a favorite of mine. I'll have to decide based on typings, but the legend writes here already impress me more than the B/W cover-lovers.

upandaway

Yv is my favorite mascot legendary since Lugia. Definitely gonna get Y unless they pull that nonsense from gen 5 and switch the legendaries again.

And they better not do that.

Yveltal is the embodiment of epicness. :O

Also, something that I find weird... Why is Xerneas heavier? It's just a thin deer... And I don't think that its antlers weight that much... Could this mean, that it's part Steel? :D (Steel/Psychic). Yveltal gives me a dark vibe. I believe Dark/Dragon w/ Levitate but we already had such a thing...

Edit:
IDWdE.png
Can someone add this to my avatar? :3 [/img]

Here you go! :)

w66Lo.png

And on what server and channel is this IRC some people spoke of? :eek:

Petrichor

I hate to say it, but I think I'm about to officially switch over too

But can anything put Chespin above my beloved Froakie? NAY, I SAY! Froakie and I are already at bff status

horrible froakie evolutions would tip me over the edge - but they'd have to be emboar-levels of terrible.

Boss Doggie

Hmm I wonder if fan-animated sprites are already made for them.

Oh wow, this is so wrong on so many levels, starting with, "better" when not a lot of either (at least in game) has been said or you could even play it. I feel like this was just to troll, nothing I think can even beat ho-oh.

the first fucking episode, gawd look at this
Ho-Oh_Debut.png

you just know that means it's and badass rad show, in the FIRST EPISODE

It was majestic in its first anime appearance.

But then it loses the golden glow. It's a rainbow turkey! Hahahahahaha! It's up there with Moltres! Best bird legendary is Articuno.

eLABoRATe

Banned
I just don't understand what's so "interesting" about Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, etc.

When there was nothing but those games, they were interesting. Now they still are, maybe not just as relevant, but they did the groundwork for everthing that came there after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom