• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So, where do the names come from?

Chespin has probably something to do with chestnuts and spin? Spin, because it may spin while it digs.
Fennekin is obviously fennec and... kin?
Froakie is frog and....?

frog and croak if i were to guess.

ohlawd

:(

Torchic is just a little bird. Nothing fantastic about that.

Yea it becomes Blaziken later and thats badass but Torchic itself? Not original enough.

Snivy is a cocky motherfucker. Can't stand him. I like my initial evos to be cute and lovable

Hmm yeah I was thinking more about Blaziken than Torchic. I agree then.

Don't hate the player man. Snivy's just too cool for all of us.

No, that's not Mudkip/Gen-3 other two.

gawd I must be the only one whose absolute favorites are the gen 3 starters.

AJTsuki

Neo Member
can we all agree this is the worst starter ever tho

black-white-fire-starter-pokemon.jpg

no.

harmonize

Are you guys sure that Fennekin isn't just using growl? It opens its mouth, and the animation just feel like it's a stat-reduction move.

zroid

Banned
Can you tell me what you see in Oshawott? Like, I see absolutely no endearing traits. What is it even supposed to be?

I'm not much of an Oshawott fan myself but a lot of people find it really cute. I looove Samurott though, while I know a ton of people despite it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gravijah

since we're seeing a lot of old Pokemon, what i'm thinking is... Unova was filled with Unova Pokemon, the Japan based games with the older Pokemon, this game seems to be a melting pot type setting where tons of different Pokemon exist.

Cromat

The battles look great. I'm hoping for a large overworld and good online features.

As for the starters, they are decent and definitely better than the terrible ones BW had. I like the grass guy the most. Did they really need another fire fox?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Gen 2 starters are all god tier. Very worthy successors.

Meh when I saw them as a kid I thought the hell was this. Seemed an obvious downgrade to me personally at the time. Same with most gens after that. Though obviously fairly later I stopped giving a shit since Pokemon always had weird designs, it was simply the intial wonderment as child and later nostalgia was the reason I percieved Gen 1's pokemon as better looking. Though even at the time I noticed some of gen 1's pokemon looked ugly. Typically the ones I didn't bother evolving or got rid of trading card wise.

I was excited until I remembered that I actually prefer my JRPGs 2D unless it has a good reason to be 3D. It's why I rolled my eyes at people who wanted a FFVI 3D remake like FFIII and FFIV. Still excited, since it's easily the biggest change ever to come to the series, but I'll have to see how the move to 3D affects an already pretty slow game. Of course, if it works out, the first thing I will want is another RBG remake, or at least RSE, which had my favorite designs since the Gen I.

I'm beginning to really like Chespin. I want to see more of it.

I hope they try and give them good voices this time. Part of what makes the Gen I & II starters so iconic is that they had such fitting and memorable voices. Everything since has been bland cutesy bullshit.

I would like to point out that everyone assumed Oshawott's evos were part-Fighting in the runup to Black and White because Oshawott could learn Revenge.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Last gen's starters were the worst, these are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom