• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for this, but there's no way I can get a next-gen console and a 3DS, dammit, this is gonna be sooo tempting. Pokemon games are really engrossing.

Bianca (and Cheren) just show how watered down the definition of "rival" is in the pussified new games.

200px-Gary_badges.png

tumblr_me2x7oOFw91rjgrgoo1_500.jpg

This motherfucker told his sister not to give you a map.

That kind of dickery gives you motivation to want to beat them.

"Smell you later"? Are you implying I have BO, you asshole? I'll crush you!

Wichu

Calling character customisation + co-op multiplayer. Take a look at the overworld scene in this GIF:
untitled-158bolpw.gif

1. I'm fairly sure that's not the in-game rival - for her to follow you like that, they'd have to program some sort of AI rather than relying on scripted movement.
2. Other than the rival, moving NPCs in past games don't run - they only ever walk/swim/cycle.
3. That looks suspiciously like a main character's bag she's wearing there. Which NPCs have worn bags?
4. Assuming she's another player, she's wearing different clothes than the known female player character in the video.

HYPE

EDIT: Gah, it was brought up as I was typing this :(

Salsa

+ co-op multiplayer.

that'd be so great. I remember when B/W details were first leaking out and I was convinced that full co-op was in. So disappointed

only downside would be that my real life pokebuddy isnt completely sold on the 3DS yet, but then again I bet these news more than sold him on it

qq more

May was actually difficult at some points (mainly the time you fought her under the bridge), her not being your chief rival annoyed me back in the day.

Yeah, that NEVER made sense. Man, the rivals has gotten so lame since Gen 3. How was the Rival in BW2 by the way?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. This is going to be one of the bigger quantum leaps that series has made between generations. Hopefully more will be unveiled shortly hopefully including details about transferring the DS generations to X&Y.

Gravijah

Bianca (and Cheren) just show how watered down the definition of "rival" is in the pussified new games.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/7/7b/Gary_badges.png/200px-Gary_badges.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2x7oOFw91rjgrgoo1_500.jpg[IMG]

This motherfucker told his sister not to give you a map.

That kind of dickery gives you motivation to want to beat them.

"Smell you later"? Are you implying I have BO, you asshole? I'll crush you![/QUOTE]

why are you linking Gary? he isn't Blue.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Yeah, that NEVER made sense. Man, the rivals has gotten so lame since Gen 3. How was the Rival in BW2 by the way?
Full of rage but not towards you.

Guys I think the girl with the long hair running away from the castle is the female MC.
Yeah in-game trainers have been temporarily partnering up with the player through certain areas for awhile now. Prolly whats going on here.

mclem

I couldn't watch it due to being at work...

Why are you assuming that there's going to be a Z? They might just release a X 2/Y 2 again.

For maximum confusion, release XX and XY as followups. In XX you only catch female Pokemon; in XY, only male.

Froakie looks like he's doing that theatrical "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" thing to an audience.

ohlawd

Yeah in-game trainers have been temporarily partnering up with the player through certain areas for awhile now. Prolly whats going on here.

That's what I'm thinking with the chick in the forest. I can bet my dignity the blonde long hair chick is the feMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom