• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The frog starter is the best one. The grass type looks way too similar to the otter starter from last gen, and the fire fox's face looks like Snivy. Meh. I want to see the evolutions though. >__<

The bird legendary is cool - I don't like the deer one. Reminds me Dialga. :/ His rainbow antlers are cool though.

I don't know if I'll buy X or Y, or just wait for the inevitable Z version. Probably wait for Z.

Gravijah

I'm just going to point out the girl in the gif looks nothing like the girl here: http://i.imgur.com/pibdb.jpg

But there is a possibility that character customization is deep enough to include hair and hat changes and shit.

the girl with pigtails isn't the female MC, she is someone you are partnered with. you never see her running along, but you do see that girl with the hat multiple times running alone.

injurai

Banned
Common sense.

image.php

This looks a bit erotic...

Ragus

Banned
It's very interesting to read comments on gaming news sites. So many people now want to buy a 3DS. Those games will move a lot of units.

Wichu

Also, I might be imagining things, but when she turns she seems to jerk to the left - the player doesn't do that. Kinda like the effect of latency in other network co-op games, huh?

Partition

Banned
I think Trainer Customization is all but confirmed...

They hinted at it when the male character was standing in front of a mirror and closet, but if you watch closely at the rope scene the Glasses appear to glitch and get left behind

Ks3bI.png

Which confirms separate models

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally out of class, collected some thoughts:
- 3DS purchase justified
- Trainer model looks lame TBH, something just seems off but I can't put my finger on it. Might just be the hat.
- Battle animations, effects and models look AMAAAAAAAAZING, I'm glad they put the extra effort into not just making the 3D models but animating them for physical/special attacks at the very least and small animations before they do before they attack
- Legendaries look kind of forgettable, kinda like the head of the Y Pokemon though
- Paris/France is always a great place to draw inspiration from
- All the starters look kinda cool except for the Fire one which seems kind of unoriginal. Gonna have to join Team Grass this time around.
- The environments look kind of weird because they're weirdly sparse. You'll have stuff with relatively large spaces between them, this is especially noticeable in stuff very far away. Still, huge step up from the fugliness the series has developed into thus far. Not sure if this is a limitation of the 3DS or what. The Forest area looked amazing though. I think it just looks a bit flat because even with what little lighting/grading there is there, everything looks flat
- Shame they're not fully utilizing 360 degree movement and the circle pad, since the circle pad is kind of ass with regards to movement, but I suspect this is because they're keeping it safe with regards to encounters and event triggers and didn't want to change the existing system that works and restricts movement to make sure you don't accidentally miss something.
- LOVE the art style. It's pretty much perfect the way they handled it. In conjunction with the animations it looks just like the anime at times (i.e. when Psyduck gets hit)

Overall I'm fucking stoked. Everything else is gravy.

Something bothering me.

Chespin's french name is "Marisson"and I guess it's from "Marron" (Chestnut) and "Hérisson"(hedgehog) but it doesn't look like a hedgehog at all.

But it sounds a lot like Quilava's french name which is "Feurisson" from "Feu" (Fire) and "Hérisson" (Hedgehog) and Quilava doesn't like a hedgehog either.

We'll see. But he has a cool design and it'd be sad for him to become a huge-ass grass-y porcupine.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Gen 3 had the worst rival and the worst professor ever. :(
Excuse me but Birch is the best professor. He actually got out of the lab and got his hands dirty. Unlike mister radio celeb Oak who stops by regions to steal the latest professors glory.

That's what I'm thinking with the chick in the forest. I can bet my dignity the blonde long hair chick is the feMC.
There hasn't been a blonde MC so far... but Game Freaks been shaking things up lately so it could just be her!

She's not following the player's footsteps exactly though.
Looks like the same kind of close but not right up your butt following from Colosseum.

Wichu

Something bothering me.

Chespin's french name is "Marisson"and I guess it's from "Marron" (Chestnut) and "Hérisson"(hedgehog) but it doesn't look like a hedgehog at all.

But it sounds a lot like Quilava's french name which is "Feurisson" from "Feu" (Fire) and "Hérisson" (Hedgehog) and Quilava doesn't like a hedgehog either.

We'll see. But he has a cool design and it'd be sad for him to become a huge-ass grass-y porcupine.

If Chespin rolled up, he'd look exactly like a chestnut within the spiky green outer layer!

Ok... October isn't close enough.

I'm playing White 2 right now. It's been my first pokemon after Blue back in 99. Man... this game was addicting.

Will get day one. Everything looks amazing.

Kurtofan

Something bothering me.

The Japanese and German name also mention hedgehogs.

Pokemons are pretty stylized.Chespin is supposed to be a chestnut (with its bog) crossed with a hedgehog.I think it's successful.

I'm calling i as this:

Fennekin-Fire/psychic or pure Fire
Froakie-Water/flying or water/fighting. The clouds around it seem to hint at flying but you never know GF chooses random typing
Chesnip-Grass/ground, grass/fighting or just grass. None of these starters are gonna be dark type.

Also for attavk speculation doesn't the color indicate what kind of attack it is.
Blue- water, Ice or flying
Brown- ground, rock or fighting
Purple- psychic, ghost, poison or dark
Yellow-electric
White-normal
Silver/gray- Steel
Red/orange- fire or dragon
Green-grass or bug

Rubius

I'm calling it as this:

Fennekin-Fire/psychic or pure Fire
Froakie-Water/flying or water/fighting. The clouds around it seem to hint at flying but you never know GF chooses random typing
Chesnip-Grass/ground, grass/fighting or just grass. None of these starters are gonna be dark type.

It look like it will be Water/Fighthing or Water/Psychic

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
A friend sended me, not sure the source of the fanart... liked these especulations the most.

Why everyone is giving the frog a beard ?

Holy crap that Froakie evo! I'm gonna be super sad when the real one isn't as good as that!

injurai

Banned
my friend thinks it will be Water/Ice based on the design. Which I don't think would add a whole ton other than giving STABS to one of the best types in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom