• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroAKA

ivSyxxYxteMeW.png
I'm feeling a new avatar. Nobody took this yet, right?

JordanN

Banned
Even though the game is in beta, I really wish the retail release will have anti-aliasing. Especially if they don't plan on using the extra FPS to do something ambitious.

Far too many 3DS games are jagged as fuck.

I usually make ameturish, comedy-ish videos called "YouTube News" about various things and decided to make one for Pokemon X & Y. It can be viewed here if you wanna watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By96t-oYeeY

This'll probably be the last post in this thread. Still gonna read everyone's reactions, but I am gonna go down on a black out for this game and don't want anymore spoilers. So whenever news breaks for this game don't put the news in the thread title like that one guy did for B&W2 because I don't wanna know NOTHING else about the game please.

Wichu

Even though the game is in beta, I really wish the retail release will have anti-aliasing. Especially if they don't plan on using the extra FPS to do something ambitious.

Far too many 3DS games are jagged as fuck.

I hope they use better texture sampling too. I understand nearest neighbour on DS, but the 3DS can do so much better.

I think the bad texture sampling is the main reason people are comparing it to DS graphics.

I asked this in the community thread, but I'll ask here too. Is there a good chance that you can have Pokemon following you again in this game? It made no sense to leave it out of Gen 5, and it would make even less sense to leave it out of Gen 6.

NEO0MJ

Dont tell me that guy is not cute.
210px-323Camerupt.png

I love Camerupt, but that doesn't change the fact that it's typing made it near useless thanks to how popular water moves are, especially surf. It needs insanely high offensive stats or a great ability to make up for it, and due to being a starter it will probably have the usual Blaze.

injurai

Banned
I asked this in the community thread, but I'll ask here too. Is there a good chance that you can have Pokemon following you again in this game? It made no sense to leave it out of Gen 5, and it would make even less sense to leave it out of Gen 6.

It's a ton of work... Though I'm not sure why they couldn't have just used those sprites in GenV and added a handful more. The thing is though, those sprites where unique.

Now that they have 3D models for all the pokemon I guess they all just need walk animations. I hope it makes it into the game.

mclem

My only disappointment is I expected a "Red and Blue available now in eShop" at the end of the presentation:( Still, can't wait!

I suspect it'd be very unlikely that we see R/B/Y/G/S/P in the eShop; I would imagine they'd want continuity between the gens, in which case I'd expect them to start the releases with FireRed/LeafGreen

It's a ton of work... Though I'm not sure why they couldn't have just used those sprites in GenV and added a handful more. The thing is though, those sprites where unique.

Now that they have 3D models for all the pokemon I guess they all just need walk animations. I hope it makes it into the game.

Ugh, that's so stupid. I could never figure out why they would leave that feature out. It's actually a selling point for a friend of mine. It's the main reason she went back to HeartGold instead of playing more B/W.

Could have something to do with Chespin looking like a grass type Oshawatt.

What? Don't see that at all. Also oshawott is dope.

Froakie has the only bad thing about oshawott in his design, and went further with it. WTF is with those ugly bubble frills around his neck. UGH.

It's like they don't want me to use a water starter this next gen. Hopefully his final form is dope and I can just deal with it, otherwise I'm going to have to use a grass starter.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
But we just got a bird fossil Pokemon last gen, even though Terror is flightless.

But Fire/Ground is one of the worst type combinations ever.

Fire / Ground is sort of amazing offensively. It just gets wrecked by everything on defense though. Think Mamoswine, but trading awesome Ice for almost as awesome Fire.

What are the odds they would add that since it hasnt been shown so far.

I really miss that feature.

Makonero

I'd be down with Rock/Grass or Grass/Normal even. Something different. I'd love to see weird type combinations this time around, like Fire/Water and Poison/Psychic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom