• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iBIcs9k2TeMVY.png
ixIgVKz24kpm0.png
ibkST0ObvzUGLL.png
ig5exMKyisPq.png

NEO0MJ

Fire / Ground is sort of amazing offensively. It just gets wrecked by everything on defense though. Think Mamoswine, but trading awesome Ice for almost as awesome Fire.

That's why I mentioned that it would need to have amazing offensive stats/ability to be useful. Anyways, why are we talking like these typing are official?

So which way is it?

Red/Blue
Gold/Silver
Ruby/Sapphire
Diamond/Pearl
Black/White

X/Y?
Y/X?

X/Y. Just seems to make more sense.

injurai

Banned
This will be my first Pokémon game since Ruby. Has anything changed (mechanically) since then?

The biggest change is that they split the moves up into either special or physical depending on the move rather than they the type.

Also a bunch of new awesome movies that add a lot more depth to the game. Then their is just an increasingly responsive and lively world + story to play through. Interesting Type combinations has become more of a thing too.

so we got american style pokemon since b/w was in america. what kind of french/european pokemon do you want to see (other than froakie)?

i think a bread (baguette) pokemon is a given.

What about a Sabre Toothed Tiger for one of the fossils?
Raikou?
What? Don't see that at all. Also oshawott is dope.

Froakie has the only bad thing about oshawott in his design, and went further with it. WTF is with those ugly bubble frills around his neck. UGH.

It's like they don't want me to use a water starter this next gen. Hopefully his final form is dope and I can just deal with it, otherwise I'm going to have to use a grass starter.
The thing around it is a cape made of clouds.

Aggrotek

While I agree about Black and White, Zekrom and the Y legendary have that Left side-look, with the X-thing/Reshi look more "rounded".

What?

I was speaking like when you are talking about them you always say "Pokemon Red and Blue" not "Pokemon Blue and Red". I am curious which way these are said.

Seems to be "Pokemon X and Y".

Triton55

I kind of thought Iwata specifically pointing out how Red/Green were the last generations to feature the evolved starters as the cover Pokemon was a hint that the new games would go full circle, but instead it seems like the X/Y legendaries are made for that purpose.

NEO0MJ

I kind of thought Iwata specifically pointing out how Red/Green were the last generations to feature the evolved starters as the cover Pokemon was a hint that the new games would go full circle, but instead it seems like the X/Y legendaries are made for that purpose.

Thing is, they'd have to make 3 versions to make it fair or else Fennekin will feel left out.

The biggest change is that they split the moves up into either special or physical depending on the move rather than they the type.

Also a bunch of new awesome movies that add a lot more depth to the game. Then their is just an increasingly responsive and lively world + story to play through. Interesting Type combinations has become more of a thing too.
Thanks!

Many comments in this thread make it seem like the franchise has gotten way more complex than it actually has.

So excited for this one. I'm definitely going to get a 3DS XL now.

As is tradition, Fire always wins my heart. Fennekin. I already have a nickname for it. <3

Zeroth

There's not a Charizard's chance in a rock factory that you'll get protagonist customization.

I don't know, many elements in the trailer suggest otherwise (mirrors, glasses being considered different models from the main character, etc).

EDIT: Beaten like may 2014

Gravijah

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

http://i3.minus.com/izu8FdeEWfkcq.png[IMG]

There's probably a good chance of some yellow Pikachu 3DS XL eventually too. Oh wait.

[IMG]http://i5.minus.com/iUEHYcwR98eQ.png[/MG][/QUOTE]

Not really a fan of the Charizard 3DS XL, or the older Black LEs. I like the Pikachu, but I'm hoping we get the Animal Crossing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom