• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubius

its like an old man's ear, the tufts should extend from the very tips.

Fennec ears are really hairy though. So its normal.
(6000-20)FennecFox.jpg

Teknoman

To be fair, I didn't give it much of a chance (I never played it).

They're a decent amount faster than past recent versions, and the sprites are fully animated. Story is a little more on the standard JRPG side, so if that sounds like it might work, give it a shot.

Randdalf

Ah, now I see the pun of Chespin's name: Chestnut + Pin, the chestnut is its hat, the pin is because it's a hedgehog, and hedgehogs have loads of ... pins on their back.

injurai

Banned
Do you guys think there could be a reason to ever add a new type to pokemon? I know dark and steel where more of a balance and game design thing.

Gravijah

He's a legendary, and he can be whatever single-type you want.

He's a poison legendary.

He's a Normal type Legendary that changes types. None of his lore revolves around him being Poison type. A proper Poison type Legendary would revolve around it actually being Poison, just as others are built around their typing.

Instro

Trailer looked really good, loved the visuals and animation. Havent been this interested in a pokemon game in ages.

Finally caught up and read the whole thread! So freaking hyped to learn more about these games.

Anyways..

-Overworld art leaves a little to be desired, it looks nice, but it not a huge leap from the DS.
-However, that is more than made up for by the fantastic look of the battles. So good.
-New Legendaries are amazing, I absolutely love the Stag.. X version will be mine.
-New starters aren't bad, but they are hurt by the newer more cartoony art style.

I wonder if the music will be orchestrated this time..

So good. The battles look fantastic, I love the slightly cell shaded look.. it emulates the sprite artwork and anime style fantastically.

Anyone posted the logo yet?

GqZri.jpg

The DNA there must mean the whole X Y thing is about chromosomes.

Hmm, interesting. Shame the US logo dropped that.

fBUYB.jpg

please tell me how this generation 1 pokemon

fennekin.png

looks so much different than the fire starters in a way you would call it "not pokemon anymore".

Its not that it doesn't look like a Pokemon, but I think the ultra cartoony style of the colors and eyes on the new starters give em more of a neopet like look compared to the more natural, old school look. A recoloring of Fennekin would go a long way, but its proportions still are more exaggerated.. I definitely prefer the look of Froakie, but I don't like his weird hat thing.

stktt

Banned
PSY・S;46215536 said:
At least Fennekin's design isn't as bad as whatever this horror is.

647Keldeo-Resolute.png

They don't look like old mens' ears though.

I actually like Keldeo, but that probably has more to do with The Three Musketeers being one of my favorite books.

Pokemon fans are crazy! 70 pages so far?

Pokemon is one of the biggest franchises in gaming and it just announced (for the first time) more or less simultaneous release of mainline games across mutliple regions, a jump to a 3D perspective, 3D models for battles, and 5 Pokemon that will be some of the most heavily marketed designs for the next 3-5 years.

It's kind of, sort of a big deal.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The fox has about the same color scheme as Moltres, don't know why people are so down on it.

Aggrotek

Pokemon is one of the biggest franchises in gaming and it just announced (for the first time) more or less simultaneous release of mainline games across mutliple regions, a jump to a 3D perspective, 3D models for battles, and 5 Pokemon that will be some of the most heavily marketed designs for the next 3-5 years.

Not to mention the starters are actually fucking good.

injurai

Banned

Preach it Chesbrothah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom