• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

It's like people can't decide if they hate new Pokemon designs for being too similar to previous 'Mons or being too different from them. :(

Gravijah

It's like people can't decide if they hate new Pokemon designs for being too similar to previous 'Mons or being too different from them. :(

It is amusing at times. "This looks too much like an animal they have already used." "This doesn't look like an animal!" "ICE CREAM POKEMON"

injurai

Banned

This is the most impressed I've been with a gens announcement since II. And we are never getting the classic water color style back so I can't expect to compare the new ones to those.

It is amusing at times. "This looks too much like an animal they have already used." "This doesn't look like an animal!" "ICE CREAM POKEMON"

I wish they'd change the marketing slogan to "Pokemon: You don't have to like them all."

EDIT: That being said, these starters are the best received I've seen since...since...I first came onto the internet to look at Pokemon.

Honestly, when the trailer showed the silhouettes, for a moment I thought they weren't going to show them and I cried a little inside. Then I was dumbfounded at how bad they looked. And then I fell in love.

Ran rp

They kinda do yeah.
fennec-fox_523_600x450.jpg

Fennekin's ear hair looks nothing like that. If the hair was trimmed closer to the ears it would look far better than it does now.

Rubius

PSY・S;46215963 said:
Fennekin's ear hair looks nothing like that. If the hair was trimmed closer to the ears it would look far better than it does now.

Sure, but its a Pokemon. So you can expect the Ear hair to grow even more.

mclem

It's been probably mentioned before but if there is going to be a third one it will probably be Z. I mean first 3-dimensional Pokemon.

ibgqHMSgcpXXTh.png

It just makes sense, doesn't it?

Instead of X2 and Y2, the next releases after this will be U, V and the followup down the line will be W.

The texturing will look really weird.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda hope they introduce something new to distinguish Pokemon like shinyness. Loved that element although the last two gens I didn't encounter a single one.

Well I will be getting a 3DS as soon as they are on sale again or there is a price drop (I figure one or the other will happen before october.)

Espada

Wow, I'm loving this so far. Froakie and Fennekin look great, as does that flying Y-shaped legendary. The global launch and new look for the game has me excited.

Sure it looks rough now, but they've got 9 months to tweak and polish things. I just hope battles aren't slowed down too much. BTW, did anyone notice that Chespin used something that looked like Night Slash, Fennekin used something that looked like Confusion/Psychic, and Froakie used what looks like Close Combat in 3D?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Fair enough. I am selling my DS lite to get money for it. Gamestop offered me $18. Fucking $18...

If this wasn't coming out, I would so offer you my 3DS.

The only 3DS/DS games I own are Pearl and White 2. Bought this thing exclusively for Pokemon lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm so happy to see a thread I made grow this large ^_^

Could you believe that less than a year ago I was just a humble junior who got his start on the BW2 announcement thread?

Indeed. Those old days.... That's why SSB4GAF is special for me because I was huge lurker during Brawl Era and I finally got accepted into NeoGaf right after Brawl got released. Many Gaf are great too, such as PSABRGAF, MVC3GAF, UMVC3GAF, NarutoGAF, PokeGAF and many more GAF.

I'm curious when we will see next new batches of pokemon? I forget how long we had to wait for next new pokemon news for BW.

Gorillaz

Can't tell if they are getting uglier or have always been naturally ugly pokmeon.

naw....naw they are definitely getting uglier

It's been probably mentioned before but if there is going to be a third one it will probably be Z. I mean first 3-dimensional Pokemon.

ibgqHMSgcpXXTh.png

It just makes sense, doesn't it?

X2 Y2 for 2014. Z 2015, Z2 2016.
But nah, it's chromosomes. I could see Z happening though.

Do they just have regular Pokemon like Pikachu and Charizard? I was never a Pokemon fan but if I were to play a game it would have to have those Generation 1 critters in it.

Ondore

Pokemon fans are crazy! 70 pages so far?

100pp master race checking in.

I'm really curious about what the add-on content plans are. Aside from Pokemon, I mean. Move tutors? Old trainers for the fanservice crowd? If they Animal Crossing it, I may double dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom