• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB VI: Return of the Fairy (Pokémon E3 Information Summary)

Salsa

0Ix9qwy.gif

holy shieeet I need dis

game doesnt look like crap tho, specially in native res footage

I just read the Pokémon-Amie thing and wow, amazing stuff.

Also, the Pokétch (whatever the wristband is for or whatever this is) seems to be what this thing is in right?
594A0xr.jpg

Really like this! Can't wait to be adding PokeGAF players! T-minus only 4 months to go.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah noivern is my new favorite for this gen

Oh god

and it's only 5ft-ish in height too, omg <3

Love that you can customize the trainer you use. Definitely a good feature to include.

Don't know how I feel about the fairy type. Seems kinda strange, but the more weaknesses stupid dragon types have the better. I hate dragon types now after the World Tournament in BW2.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm glad the revealed new pokemon actually look like pokemon, and not living ice cream or rocks with groucho marx masks.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
This game keeps one upping itself. GOTY for me so far.
Loving the customization and Amie features in particular. Plus the 'mon designs themselves are amazing. It'll probably be my favourite gen of designs if they keep delivering more of the same standard. Out of the new guys, Noivern and the fire lion are my faves, as well as Talonflame, which is great seeing as I wasn't sold on Fletchling.
My only complaint are the supposed rivals. They look too buddy buddy. I wanted someone like Silver, someone who needs their ass kicking instead of freindlycompetitionyay<3. But everything else revealed moooooooooooorrrreee than makes up for it.

Kinokou

Imagine hundreds of these reference sheets, just sitting in a binder somewhere...

voQzX39.png

Oh, I know! I wish they would do an art book with the evolution of Pokemon concepts, designs and scraped designs. And maybe even confirming some of the pokemyths like venonat possibly being switched with caterpie and why. Would by it in an instant!

I'm not sure that everything Pokebeach has leaked is completely accurate. He said that Dark was weak against Fairy, but Hydreigon survived a Fairy attack pretty comfortably in one of the videos. You'd have thought it would have crumbled if it was 4x weak to it.

ZeroAKA

http://i.imgur.com/0Ix9qwy.gif

god seeing how nice the model looks in high resolution just makes me feel so bad that the beautiful modeling and art is completely wasted on the low resolution of the 3ds. the game looks like complete crap graphic wise and its 100% thanks to that super low resolution screen. Most aliased game I've seen.
Wow, I want a Pokemon game with that type of art style. It would convince me to buy a Wii U.

Boss Doggie

I'm glad the revealed new pokemon actually look like pokemon, and not living ice cream or rocks with groucho marx masks.

Vanilluxe eats dragons. Also what the hell is this "look like Pokemon" argument doing here or are you just being sarcastic

This game keeps one upping itself. GOTY for me so far.
Loving the customization and Amie features in particular. Plus the 'mon designs themselves are amazing. It'll probably be my favourite gen of designs if they keep delivering more of the same standard. Out of the new guys, Noivern and the fire lion are my faves, as well as Talonflame, which is great seeing as I wasn't sold on Fletchling.
My only complaint are the supposed rivals. They look too buddy buddy. I wanted someone like Silver, someone who needs their ass kicking instead of freindlycompetitionyay<3. But everything else revealed moooooooooooorrrreee than makes up for it.

Douche rivals don't make sense because you kick their ass yet still remain a douche.

0Ix9qwy.gif

A shame it doesn't look nearly this good in the game. :\

Erm what, its model looks good in-game. Or are you *chuckles* judging the it via the video again?

DigitalOp

Banned
The greatest Pokemon game ever created comes out on my birthday.

What a gift Nintendo... What a gift indeed!

AND its my 21st!!! 10,000 Wins!! Im getting drunk with a 3DS in hand and a bottle in the other!!

Boss Doggie

People talking about it looking that good are talking about the IQ, the game is using that model, but in a much lower quality.

Well obviously the one shown in the process looks good and it has to be translated into the 3DS, but the sentence implies the in-game model looks bad, especially when using youtube videos as judgment.

Also I dislike that knock on GF - forgetting that a) it has two teams and b) the ones they remove tend to be superfluous.

Well obviously the one shown in the process looks good and it has to be translated into the 3DS, but the sentence implies the in-game model looks bad, especially when using youtube videos as judgment.
Youtube quality is enough to determine that the lighting is much more simple.

Refyref

Also I dislike that knock on GF - forgetting that a) it has two teams and b) the ones they remove tend to be superfluous.

Oh, I agree with you, and I find X/Y, along with with AA5 to be one of the best sprites-to-polygons transitions I've seen. But obviously the 3DS isn't anywhere near powerful enough to render models like they look in editors.

DedValve

Banned
Is TalonFlame the 2/3 in the evolution line of fletchling? Because if so I can't even begin to imagine what it's final evo would be!

Talon flame is going to be my bird pokemon.

Helioptile is still my favourite new Pokémon so far. I really hope it gets an awesome Dragon/Electric evolution with which to crush its detractors!

Boss Doggie

Noivern master race.

And that doesn't mean the models look crap or if the FPS is low.

Oh, I agree with you, and I find X/Y, along with with AA5 to be one of the sprites-to-polygons transitions I've seen. But obviously the 3DS isn't anywhere near powerful enough to render models like they look in editors.

Oh that's a given.

I'm just rolling my eyes because some posts make it sound like the infamous "POKEMON STADIUM LOOKED BETTER THAN THIS!!!" in the first Bomb thread.

Noivern master race.

No, Helioptile.

I'm just rolling my eyes because some posts make it sound like the infamous "POKEMON STADIUM LOOKED BETTER THAN THIS!!!" in the first Bomb thread.

There were so many grumpy, uninformed people in the first BOMB thread. I remember another guy said that Gen V and VI Pokémon are inherently bad because they're not the originals.

Boss Doggie

What I love is that they're using Sugimori art as basis and they can get details in them properly.

JoeM86

What's taking them to put the new mons in the site

CoroCoro isn't out til Saturday. It'll be treated just like all CoroCoro releases...we'll see them tomorrow

I'm not sure that everything Pokebeach has leaked is completely accurate. He said that Dark was weak against Fairy, but Hydreigon survived a Fairy attack pretty comfortably in one of the videos. You'd have thought it would have crumbled if it was 4x weak to it.

Did the leaks also not say that Gogoat was the only ridable Pokémon?

Some were true, others have proven to be untrue.

It's not lighting, it's a style. They've clearly gone with Sugimori's styling, akin to anime style. The original model as seen there is the base model which can then be adapted to other styles such as a Dungeon style

Mr Swine

Banned
One question about the Horde mode. Does it give extra exp or is it just something that can be done after defeating the elite four just for fun?

DaBoss

One question about the Horde mode. Does it give extra exp or is it just something that can be done after defeating the elite four just for fun?

How do double battles work if you only use one Pokémon? I imagine it would be like that.

The reason for Horde mode was to give the sense of danger when going through the grass.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It seems the original post by WPM with Fairy Type, Sky Battles, Starter Types, 2 Mewtwo Forms, EV Training, and Kanto Starters were true, as that's what Mageleif was posting around the web beforehand...

However, the second part of the rumor posted later, the update with Inkay, apparently was made up by Mageleif's friend to cover his tracks or something.

JoeM86

How do double battles work if you only use one Pokémon? I imagine it would be like that.

The reason for Horde mode was to give the sense of danger when going through the grass.

The Pokémon are to be underlevelled a bit though, so you won't be overpowered by them

Mr Swine

Banned

Oh ok, I didn't know that. :O that makes the game more interesting! :D

Espada

I gasped when I saw that in the video. After seeing things like Mario Kart 8 and X I know the Wii U could pull off a Pokemon Stadium title with that level of detail and lighting. I wonder how long it'll be before we get it. One of my favorite new pokemon rendered in glorious fashion.

Top Bottom