• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéFizzle: Two more new Pokémon (evolutions) outed officially

zroid

Banned
Slurpuff - evolved form of Swirlix

Slurpuff has an unbelievable sense of smell—a hundred million times more sensitive than that of humans. With its highly attuned senses, it can distinguish the faintest of odors.

Species Meringue Pokémon
Type Fairy
Ability Sweet Veil
Height 2' 07"
Weight 11.0 lbs.

Slurpuff-X-and-Y.jpg

oct_p6_04_l033e.jpg

Aromatisse - evolved form of Spritzee

Aromatisse, the evolved form of Spritzee, can give off a variety of different smells, from a pleasant fragrance to an odor so repugnant to its opponent that it can turn a battle in its favor.

Species Fragrance Pokémon
Type Fairy
Ability Healer
Height 2' 07"
Weight 34.2 lbs.

Aromatisse-X-and-Y.jpg

oct_p6_01_g7dfj.jpg

Can someone point me to cool looking Fairy Pokemon? I hope this isn't a sign of what is to become of the other Fairy type Pokemon.

Forkball

That's 1/35th of all the new Pokemon!

These were in Corocoro I believe yesterday. They are ugly but get used to seeing them slapped on promo art for the next five years.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Can we stop with the food-themed Pokemon, please? It wasn't like vanilluxe was received in open arms...

Its odd with comments like these :
Ewww

Next pokemon please?
Then combined with the leaks thread of (fake quote but gets the impression across):
What? Only 70 new Pokemon (number unconfirmed). Worst gen ever.
I don't understand what to think anymore. Its people hate new Pokemon designs yet at the same time want more of them...I get it, its not that they want more its just for them not to suck in whatever arbitrary way (design or gameplay).

Still Pokedex description; 10^8 more sensitive smell...typical Pokedex hyperbole, like the whole Alakazam has more computation power than a cluster of supercomputers...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Grimer and Muk are sludge.

Also, refuse monsters are a staple of fiction. Glad to see Pokemon offer their own take by having the garbage bag included.

Sludge and slime are to all intents and purposes the same thing - sludge being just a particular type of slimey substance.

Having the garbage included was clearly not a good idea. There's a reason the vast majority of fans do not like Garbodor and Trubbish, and why they're so frequently nominated on "worst design" lists. The majority of fans tend not to like things which are too "human" - either in the sense they look humanoid, or are based on manufactured objects.

zroid

Banned
A hundred million?

Looks like the Pokedex hasn't lost its complete lack of any sense of scale.

It's not really that unrealistic, actually. Certain dog breeds for example have 10,000,000x as sensitive smell than humans. It's only 10x more than some dogs, then.

Sensitivity to odor is kind of like sound, it works on an exponential scale.

Toxi

Banned
Sludge and slime are to all intents and purposes the same thing - sludge being just a particular type of slimey substance.
Sludge is sewage, which is of decidedly human origin.

Having the garbage included was clearly not a good idea. There's a reason the vast majority of fans do not like Garbodor and Trubbish, and why they're so frequently nominated on "worst design" lists. The majority of fans tend not to like things which are too "human" - either in the sense they look humanoid, or are based on manufactured objects.
Why should I give a shit what the majority of fans think? The majority of fans think Pikachu is the best Pokemon, do you agree with them?

Trubbish and Garbodor are good designs because they take the basic concept of a garbage monster and mix it up by adding the actual trash bag to give them some form. Just because something looks human (Hi Jynx) or is of human origin doesn't make it a bad design. Are people going to shit on Porygon too because it intentionally looks like bad N64 graphics? How about Koffing, who is based on a combination of a naval mine and smog, which are both of human origin? No, they won't, because Koffing and Porygon are awesome designs, and so is Garbodor.

Slurpuff makes me think of Cartman from South Park for some reason.

Aromatisse is hilarious for some reason. I hope it has a Shiny form that is black and red like a proper cabaret dancer.

I like pretty much every Pokemon design (for real), and...

These are awful. Swirlix is so fluffy and cute, but that evo... It's lumpy and gross.

I'm a little disappointed in the direction they went with Aromatisse, since its pre-evo had a cool theme with that whole doctor thing and it would have been cool to get a Fairy/Dark type.

No real feelings on the other one.

DedValve

Banned
I really hope that spritzee evo isn't the final evo. I was hoping for something like this

shushup__spritzee__fake_evo__by_anxious_chimera-d6dr5jj.png

With a cool type like Fairy/Steel (immunity to poison)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sludge is sewage, which is of decidedly human origin.

Not necessarily. It can just be any muck, mire or ooze - you can find natural sludge in swamps. I mean, I'm not going to say that Grimer is clearly entirely natural, it's not, but frankly if you can't see the degree of difference between Grimer and Trubbish something is wrong.

Why should I give a shit what the majority of fans think? The majority of fans think Pikachu is the best Pokemon, do you agree with them?

Me, personally? No. As someone in charge of the series, would I take note of that and consider it? Yes.

Trubbish and Garbodor are good designs because they take the basic concept of a garbage monster and mix it up by adding the actual trash bag to give them some form. Just because something looks human (Hi Jynx) or is of human origin doesn't make it a bad design. Are people going to shit on Porygon too because it intentionally looks like bad N64 graphics? How about Koffing, who is based on a combination of a naval mine and smog, which are both of human origin? No, they won't, because Koffing and Porygon are awesome designs, and so is Garbodor.

Jynx is, yet again, something widely recognised as being a bad design. Porygon's entire back-story is built around it being the first synthesized Pokemon, so there's no discrepancy between it being man-made and the "natural creatures" vibe of Pokemon. Koffing isn't a good design either.

EulaCapra

Eff the haters because they're cute, cuddly, or pink. You have enough Digimon-looking Mega Evolutions to look forward to.

I however, want to hug the hell out of that ball of cream puff.

Top Bottom