• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

*Splinter

Also, Splinter, since you seem very keen on defending Salva I want you to state why you think he is Town without referencing his past games. Because so far Mr. 'you guys are so very boring' Salva has done a whole lot of nothing so far and I don't understand how you Town read that.

:/

At best he is a coasting Town who doesn't care ( still bad imo ) and at worst he is coasting scum who is acting like a shitty bond villain and twirling his mustache in the shadows.

For a vote

Vote: Verelios

Because I want people to come forward and get their opinions out since we are so close to the end. This is not a vote for who I want lynched, that is going to be reserved for either Salva/Ynnek/Blarg/possibly Star, but I want to start getting people out and talking first.
But why would I ignore past games? I'm not even saying "Salva's shitty play makes me think he's town", I'm saying "Salva's shitty play doesn't tell me anything about his alignment, because he does stuff like that every game".

Scumreading Salva for inactivity is about as useful as scumreading Blarg for talking in riddles.

As for thinking he's town... There's not much, like I said there's him forgetting the game, although I hate to actually townread someone for that. There is also stuff like early today where he seemed interested in working out what was going on (with respect to my vig claim). Bare in mind scum probably knew I was lying (assuming they killed Gorlak, it's not much of a stretch for them to assume I was lying completely).

I forgot it until now, but I also suspected he was a PR back on day 1... We really should have forced him to claim today.

Salva, are you around?

In terms of your order, I'd reserve Blarg and Star but I agree with most of your points. I do question why scum or our SK/vig didn't take Star out last night. With TheG lynched shouldn't she have her double vote back?

I know I'm late to this discussion, but didn't Sophia claim that her double was used (just one shot apparently)? And as far as I can tell nobody has bothered to check if Sketch actually still does have shots.

*Splinter

If Sketch flips scum, I'd probably shoot nin

If Ynnek flips scum, I'd shoot... Blarg?

If Salva flips scum, I guess you won't listen to anything I have to say (but again probably Blarg)

If whoever flips town, then idfk

Sawneeks

Banned
Tonight is the Night of the Vigilante

I won't ask you to explain what I choose not to

If you're claiming Vig then who did you shoot and why?

But why would I ignore past games? I'm not even saying "Salva's shitty play makes me think he's town", I'm saying "Salva's shitty play doesn't tell me anything about his alignment, because he does stuff like that every game".

Scumreading Salva for inactivity is about as useful as scumreading Blarg for talking in riddles.

As for thinking he's town... There's not much, like I said there's him forgetting the game, although I hate to actually townread someone for that. There is also stuff like early today where he seemed interested in working out what was going on (with respect to my vig claim). Bare in mind scum probably knew I was lying (assuming they killed Gorlak, it's not much of a stretch for them to assume I was lying completely).

I forgot it until now, but I also suspected he was a PR back on day 1... We really should have forced him to claim today.

Salva, are you around?

So if his low-activity is something that is not alignment indicative then why have you Town Read him for most of the game since his only real 'Town actions' took place this Day phase? ( or arguably the previous Day phase with his 'i forgot the game' comment but you don't want to Town Read him for it )

I agree that Salva needs to speak up but we don't even know if he is around since I don't think he has ever been here for Day End.

Burbeting

Banned

Verelios

Christ, day ends are so early this game.

I see Ynnek popped in for a second with some reads which all seem very safe, down to weird, all but one are town leans. Struggling to see what direction he wants today's lynch to go in.

If we're lynching an inactive I wouldn't mind Salva, but he hasn't shown up today has he? Come on, it's down to the wire, show your face for a while.

Vote:SalvaPot

I find it to be a bandwagon number.

Do you agree, Blarg?

Arrangements made in public don't matter. I've stepped over the line of mystery into the realm of loose ends, and it never goes the way you want it to.

Vigilante/SK, I will not claim for your sake. Shoot *Splinter Tonight.

roytheone

If Sketch flips scum, I'd probably shoot nin

If Ynnek flips scum, I'd shoot... Blarg?

If Salva flips scum, I guess you won't listen to anything I have to say (but again probably Blarg)

If whoever flips town, then idfk

Why? I would actually say the opposite: if Ynnek flips scum, I would feel better about Blarg. I doubt scum Blarg would put suspicion on scum Ynnek with that breadcrumb business of yesterday. I don't think they are scum teammates.

Sawneeks

Banned
Christ, day ends are so early this game.

I see Ynnek popped in for a second with some reads which all seem very safe, down to weird, all but one are town leans. Struggling to see what direction he wants today's lynch to go in.

If we're lynching an inactive I wouldn't mind Salva, but he hasn't shown up today has he? Come on, it's down to the wire, show your face for a while.

Vote:SalvaPot

Thank you.

Vote: Dusk Soldier

On to the next. I know you already have your vote down but what are your current thoughts atm Dusk?

Ynnek7

Out of the players that participated in 2 mislynches I think it's Ynnek's votes that give me bad vibes the most.

2 non-committal votes. To his credit he did state after he was called out for the second one that he thought TGD was scummy, but it doesn't make him look great that his main reason for voting him was humoring Blarg, when no one really could be faulted for lynching a confirmed roleblocker with a Trump flavor. It amuses me he couldn't find a more convincing reason to follow suit.

Was this it? I understand they don't look great. I've already regretted the Bronx-Man vote and explained that I was hoping it would get him to talk a bit more at the time.

For TGD, yeah, I felt that his ability seemed really scummy, but at the time of the vote I think I was more focused on proving Blarg wrong on his theory. Trying to paint me as the El Topo/StarSketch trainer was also painting me as the role-blocking, possibly scum trainer.

Sawneeks

Banned
Was this it? I understand they don't look great. I've already regretted the Bronx-Man vote and explained that I was hoping it would get him to talk a bit more at the time.

For TGD, yeah, I felt that his ability seemed really scummy, but at the time of the vote I think I was more focused on proving Blarg wrong on his theory. Trying to paint me as the El Topo/StarSketch trainer was also painting me as the role-blocking, possibly scum trainer.

So it was an OMGUS vote, then? Because you didn't want to be possibly painted as Scum?

Really? In what way?

You don't see Blarg hoping over to Star ( who suddenly just got 2 votes ) out of the blue as incredibly opportunistic?

somehow i think that Blarg will be a shot in the dark.

can you give a reason SS why you want to have Blarg voted out today ?

Blarg took a while to clarify that he was Vig, which could also mean he's actually an SK....

Though I understand that he might've hid it to stay safe because that's like painting a target on his head. Hrm...

So it was an OMGUS vote, then? Because you didn't want to be possibly painted as Scum?

You don't see Blarg hoping over to Star ( who suddenly just got 2 votes ) out of the blue as incredibly opportunistic?

Yeah. I guess you can read it several ways. Are you sure about 20 Blarg?

Ynnek7

Finally had to look that up, lol.

I guess it could be seen that way, but more that I wanted to prove that someone else was the trainer, who at the team a lot of us felt was scum.

*Splinter

Why? I would actually say the opposite: if Ynnek flips scum, I would feel better about Blarg. I doubt scum Blarg would put suspicion on scum Ynnek with that breadcrumb business of yesterday. I don't think they are scum teammates.
Nothing to do with a Blarg-Ynnek connection. Off the top of my head I couldn't think who a scum-Ynnek would point to, so I was defaulting to me next top suspect.

Sawneeks

Banned
So if his low-activity is something that is not alignment indicative then why have you Town Read him for most of the game since his only real 'Town actions' took place this Day phase? ( or arguably the previous Day phase with his 'i forgot the game' comment but you don't want to Town Read him for it )

I agree that Salva needs to speak up but we don't even know if he is around since I don't think he has ever been here for Day End.

:x

No response, Splinter?

*Splinter

:x

No response, Splinter?
I don't have much else to add? Day 1 thought he was a PR. Day 2 (or 3?) he forgot the game. "I don't want to town-read" =/= "I don't townread".

And throughout the game I feel he becomes less helpful only when people bring up his lack of activity and other nonsense - today being the clearest example of that.

It's also not just his own behaviour that makes me townread him. When other people scumread him for inactivity - that looks scummier to me than anything Salva does, which in turn suggests Salva is town (and a scapegoat). I feel a town complaint of Salva would go for a more honest "policy lynch" kind of argument, or point to something specific he's done that suggests he's scum (noone has done this still).

Sawneeks

Banned
I don't have much else to add? Day 1 thought he was a PR. Day 2 (or 3?) he forgot the game. "I don't want to town-read" =/= "I don't townread".

And throughout the game I feel he becomes less helpful only when people bring up his lack of activity and other nonsense - today being the clearest example of that.

It's also not just his own behaviour that makes me townread him. When other people scumread him for inactivity - that looks scummier to me than anything Salva does, which in turn suggests Salva is town (and a scapegoat). I feel a town complaint of Salva would go for a more honest "policy lynch" kind of argument, or point to something specific he's done that suggests he's scum (noone has done this still).

Did you not read my big vote analysis. ;___;

Him going for a No Lynch usually indicates Town but seeing as no one actually went after him for it this time I don't know what to make of it as people usually love to make a big stink about it.

His Verelios vote was safe as Royal, who was also on his list, had more votes on him at the time and was likely to be voted out.

His TheG vote is based on Flavor reasons as well as some Mechanic talk but it wasn't fully clear if he actually Scum Read TheG or not.

Going by votes alone that looks suspicious to me imo

Blarg why are you voting for Sketch?

Could I also ask why you are voting for Sketch? o:

I began Town Reading her the previous Day phase but that might have been because she was fully cooperating with everything we were asking after Sophia was being so hesitant about it.

This Day Phase not so much. :x

*Splinter

Did you not read my big vote analysis. ;___;

Him going for a No Lynch usually indicates Town but seeing as no one actually went after him for it this time I don't know what to make of it as people usually love to make a big stink about it.

His Verelios vote was safe as Royal, who was also on his list, had more votes on him at the time and was likely to be voted out.

His TheG vote is based on Flavor reasons as well as some Mechanic talk but it wasn't fully clear if he actually Scum Read TheG or not.

Going by votes alone that looks suspicious to me imo

Could I also ask why you are voting for Sketch? o:

I began Town Reading her the previous Day phase but that might have been because she was fully cooperating with everything we were asking after Sophia was being so hesitant about it.

This Day Phase not so much. :x
Ok his Verelios vote is a good point, his others not so much, I'd say I was in pretty much the same position as him with my GD vote.

Sketch (and Sophia) were almost too cooperative at times. I remember Sophia using a double vote at my request - I townread that at first but it turned out she didn't even understand why I had asked, so she was complying for the sake complying?
I felt Sketch's first day was reasonable, but didn't tell me much about her alignment - due to the situation she had been dropped into there wasn't really any other way for her to play it. Today has been more suspicious. One thing that bugs me is she never answered my question about why lying implies someone is scum. Suggests she doesn't have an answer for that and was simply attacking where she thought she could get away with it.

Right now I feel like she's keeping quiet to avoid drawing attention to herself as a possible lynch.

Sawneeks

Banned
Ok his Verelios vote is a good point, his others not so much, I'd say I was in pretty much the same position as him with my GD vote.

Sketch (and Sophia) were almost too cooperative at times. I remember Sophia using a double vote at my request - I townread that at first but it turned out she didn't even understand why I had asked, so she was complying for the sake complying?
I felt Sketch's first day was reasonable, but didn't tell me much about her alignment - due to the situation she had been dropped into there wasn't really any other way for her to play it. Today has been more suspicious. One thing that bugs me is she never answered my question about why lying implies someone is scum. Suggests she doesn't have an answer for that and was simply attacking where she thought she could get away with it.

Right now I feel like she's keeping quiet to avoid drawing attention to herself as a possible lynch.

You were but at the very least you laid out your suspicions about him fully and then kept on him throughout his claim by asking questions and attempting to find answers. Salva just sort of popped in, echoed what you and everyone else was saying, and then left without trying to fully work it out.

Vote: StarSketch

You here, Star?

...o_o;;

I missed that question.

Well, I mean.

You were baiting the Vig right? If you're a scum player, baiting out a role that's a threat to you makes sense.

It also wasted a lot of this day phase on something that was ultimately nothing. From a scum perspective, it's a distraction from Town actually looking for scum (not that we really were doing so well to begin with, but....)

roytheone

You were but at the very least you laid out your suspicions about him fully and then kept on him throughout his claim by asking questions and attempting to find answers. Salva just sort of popped in, echoed what you and everyone else was saying, and then left without trying to fully work it out.

Vote: StarSketch

You here, Star?

Is this still a vote to prod for activity like your last two or actually the person you want to lynch? We only have about 12 minutes left.

Burbeting

Banned
verelios (0)
blargonaut 2124 (2164)
sawneeks 2493 (2518)

blargonaut (4)
*splinter 2150 (2171)
roytheone 2315
stanleypalmtree 2424
ynnek7 2495
starsketch 2496

ynnek7 (1)
nin1000 2168 (2310)
nin1000 2485

sawneeks (0)
*splinter 2171 (2279)

*splinter (0)
blargonaut 2192 (2317)
nin1000 2387 (2485)

salvapot (3)
dusk soldier 2296
nin1000 2310 (2387)
blargonaut 2439 (2500)
fireblend 2502
verelios 2514

salva (0)
fireblend 2337 (2502)

starsketch (4)
melonrabbit 2409
*splinter 2483
blargonaut 2500
sawneeks 2537

dusk soldier (0)
sawneeks 2518 (2537)

*Splinter

...o_o;;

I missed that question.

Well, I mean.

You were baiting the Vig right? If you're a scum player, baiting out a role that's a threat to you makes sense.

It also wasted a lot of this day phase on something that was ultimately nothing. From a scum perspective, it's a distraction from Town actually looking for scum (not that we really were doing so well to begin with, but....)
Not a bad answer, but it's not like I disguised my attempt to find the vig. Even before my claim I was very clear that the vig (if we had one) needed to claim (and I still stand by that).

It also wasn't a huge waste, ~12 hours at the start of the phase, the next 24 weren't used any more productively.

Sawneeks

Banned
Is this still a vote to prod for activity like your last two or actually the person you want to lynch? We only have about 12 minutes left.

yes

Vote: SalvaPot

now this one is the latter.

I don't like his votes and I don't like the people who are either actively or passively defending him. Stan I have already said I don't feel great about and I have been wrong about Splinter before.

Verelios

It's between Salva, Sketch and Blarg then, but Salva hasn't at least popped in? Come on bro, give me a reason to swing my vote.

Top Bottom