• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y SPOILER Discussion Thread

Keyouta

Any chance I'll actually be able to download this at midnight or will servers be on fire.

Eh I think you should be able to download them at a reasonable speed. I'm sure Nintendo knows the load will be a lot. Japan and Austrailia and NZ seem to be handling it well. Plus lots of people want physical copies.

I want Mega Starmie (If it exists) to go back to its space roots.

Doctor_Who_-_Racnoss_ship.jpg

Salvadora

MegaPokemon designs are incredibly hit and miss.

It shouldn't really be like this considering what they had to work on. Like, they chose some of the best designs in the franchise.

All this shit that's been introduced this gen is going to make the metagame VERY interesting.

I'm really excited about this. Along with the balance changes to some of the moves and the nerf to weather abilities, I can see the meta opening up to a lot more diverse team compositions.

Zelias

Banned
Found Nidorina, Dedenne, Sawk, Stunky and Hariyama so far in the grass on Route 11. Also a horde battle with 4 Nidoran M and a single Nidoran F.

Edit: Also Staravia and Chingling.

Soooo I'm thinking I'll get Fennekin and slap some Eviolite on them, since I really can't say that I like the 3rd stage of them. :/ Is this viable at all, at least while actually playing the game? I know that'd be a terrible idea online but hey.

Caladrius

MegaPokemon designs are incredibly hit and miss.

It shouldn't really be like this considering what they had to work on. Like, they chose some of the best designs in the franchise.

I am pleased with most of them, but I think that when they do miss they miss hard.

Trey

Soooo I'm thinking I'll get Fennekin and slap some Eviolite on them, since I really can't say that I like the 3rd stage of them. :/ Is this viable at all, at least while actually playing the game? I know that'd be a terrible idea online but hey.

Sure. It's just in game.

PK Gaming

i actually don't mind mega manectric's design, and this is coming from someone dislikes manectric.

That lightning bolt mane is really cool!

I personally wouldn't do it. Why not just ditch your starter for another 'mon?

Forkball

I like how GF's manta for Mega Pokemon designs is to make the most off the walls, outlandish version of the Pokemon they can think of. I imagine the staff had a bet about who can make the wildest design and the winner became a Mega Pokemon.

They're throwing a Torchic and an optional Charmander at you though. But yes it'd probably be completely viable for the single player storyline even without eviolite.

Zomba13

You do know that while Houndoom is in X, his Mega Stone is in Y?

Both games are incomplete. Both or bust!

Psh. Z will shit all over both of them and have Hyper Mega Mewtwo SSJ Z. Wait for Z everyone!!!!

Goes back to playing X

Psh. Z will shit all over both of them and have Hyper Mega Mewtwo SSJ Z. Wait for Z everyone!!!!

Goes back to playing X

oh god, its actually really likely z might have unique megas too lol.

and maybe a super mega form that requires you to fuse the x y and z stones.

Top Bottom