• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament co-developed with Harada and Namco Bandai Announced for arcades

Vandole

This is the most perfect thing ever. I love fighting games. My kids love Pokemon. We will have something to play together.... AND I WILL DESTROY THEM!!!!!

I just hope it comes out before they go off to college.

Oswen

That's why they held on revealing Mega Pikachu for so long!
It will be a humanoid Electric/Fighting thing, i can totally see it!

The saddest thing is most of NeoGAF users ignorance. Of course it's not guaranteed but it's the most logical thing to believe that it'll come to Wii U in a few months.
On the contrary we should be surprised if it doesn't come on Wii U.

For now I hope the Arcade Center next to my place will have it one day :p

Now I want more gameplay videos and details about the game please (next Famitsu?)

Chû Totoro;127120871 said:
UK does not equal the world and your assumptions are false.

We'll see, won't we. Neither of us can predict the future, so you can't say that what I said is false.

I would put money on it being a launch title for Nintendo's next hardware.

18-Volt

Surprised how many people in GAF don't realize that fighting games go through arcades for play testing first. This is not even remotely surprising, especially from Harada / Namco Bandai. This will come to Wii U, around 6-12 months after arcade. They have no reason to rush it with Smash being Nintendo's fighting game for 2015, either.

So fucking hyped for this. Will be playing it competitively.

It doesn't have to be a "Wii U" game, you know.

RomanceDawn

I wonder if we'll get to play as some unevolved Pokemon? The thought of a fightng game with only fightng type Pokemon really speaks to me and I want it bad! Just please don't be as complicated as a normal Tekken game. Give it lots of depth just let me approach it without fear. Though I guess being a Pokemon game alone will ensure that I really put time into the characters.

Man if Primeape gets the shaft again I will be pissed! Let us use almost all the fully evolved fighting types please! Anytime a new generation of Pokemon is released we can get a sequel and that would be fine by me.

Not worried about being an arcade only for now. I know how Namco's fighters work.

So weird, but still so awesome!

Sadly because of the arcade situation in my area it will probably be out on Wii U before I'd ever see an actual arcade machine of it in real life lol.

Qurupeke

Surprised how many people in GAF don't realize that fighting games go through arcades for play testing first. This is not even remotely surprising, especially from Harada / Namco Bandai. This will come to Wii U, around 6-12 months after arcade. They have no reason to rush it with Smash being Nintendo's fighting game for 2015, either.

So fucking hyped for this. Will be playing it competitively.

Yeah, Smash is a good reason not to release that now.

El Sloth

Banned
Chû Totoro;127121243 said:
The saddest thing is most of NeoGAF users ignorance. Of course it's not guaranteed but it's the most logical thing to believe that it'll come to Wii U in a few months.
On the contrary we should be surprised if it doesn't come on Wii U.

For now I hope the Arcade Center next to my place will have it one day :p

Now I want more gameplay videos and details about the game please (next Famitsu?)
"Most"

There are now more posts in this thread like yours than the ones you lot are decrying.

Mariolee

I don't think they'll announce another fighting game weeks before Smash comes out. That doesn't do anyone any favors.

Detective Pikachu, book it.

736px-198Murkrow_OS_anime.png

tbm24

This is no Tekken, this is Pokémon and money printer franchise. Expect 4-5 months after arcade release. Maybe in 2016 it'll come out on next gen Nintendo console.

Releasing the console version 4-5 months is too early and has the potential to cut drastically into the arcade business of the game. Releasing a year after the arcade is perfectly fine. Namco isn't going to kill their arcade business for the sake of releasing it early. They already did that once with Tekken 5 and it was not a wise business decision on their part. Hence they haven't done it again.

Foshy

Welp.

Is there even a Tekken that wasn't released on arcade first? If it's coming to consoles remains to be seen, but the arcade announcement was obvious.

Yeah, it's really not surprising. The only strange thing I can think of is that Tekken 7 was announced for PS4 alongside arcades right when it got revealed already.

Metallix87

Re-posting this on this page, since it was at the bottom of the last page, and is important information:

It's coming to consoles. The Pokemon Company boss said during the stream that it's coming to arcades first, and then later said "oops" about revealing the "first" part.

Welp.

Is there even a Tekken that wasn't released on arcade first? If it's coming to consoles remains to be seen, but the arcade announcement was obvious.

Yeah, I'm not gonna let these guys kill my hype.

I wanna know more about the roster! So is it really fighting types only? Where's luchador Pikacho.
Plus, it's Harada. This could have been a single player rpg and it would have hit arcades first lol

Tizoc

Shame there may not be a 3DS ver., but hopefully Psyduck and the dino-looking Pokemon are playable.

Sadist

It's not a trailer btw, just a teaser. Obviously they'll be better.

The best thing to talk about is ROSTER!

Primeape
Poliwrath
Machamp
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Mewtwo*
Heracross
Hitmontop
Blaziken
Breloom
Hariyama
Medicham
Infernape
Lucario
Toxicroak
Gallade
Emboar
Conkuldurr
Throh
Sawk
Scrafty
Mienshao
Chessnaught
Pangoro
Hawlucha

(Left out Arceus, Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion)

* Megaevo for Mewtwo

backlot

Primeape
Poliwrath
Machamp
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Mewtwo*
Heracross
Hitmontop
Blaziken
Breloom
Hariyama
Medicham
Infernape
Lucario
Toxicroak
Gallade
Emboar
Conkuldurr
Throh
Sawk
Scrafty
Mienshao
Chessnaught
Pangoro
Hawlucha

(Left out Arceus, Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion)

* Megaevo for Mewtwo
Mega Lopunny too.

"Most"

There are now more posts in this thread like yours than the ones you lot are decrying.

Ok so get rid of most... still I don't understand but that's not the most important thing here. The most important thing is that we have a new Pokémon game genre coming and it can be good since there is Harada here :)

The biggest visual difference between this and TTT2, besides the obvious, was the lack of the heavy object motion blur. Maybe they'll work that in later.

BiggNife

It doesn't have to be a "Wii U" game, you know.

Those visuals don't look like the game is intended for a system with PS4/XBO fidelity. I mean, it doesn't look bad by any means, but look at the textures on Lucario. It was clearly designed with a Wii U port in mind.

Top Bottom