• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.
of New York State, though.
"We have to expand."

mark-zuckerberg_485x340.jpg

watching CNN coverage.

there was just a wizard, eugene levy lookalike and a couple other dudes singing amazing grace.

seeing everyone singing along and some people with their hands spread towards the sky was uncomfortable. haha.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think the funny bit about the "you didn't build that" faux-outrage is that the GOP thought Obama was specifically talking about them, and not "you" in a general sense as a statement about collectivism.

It's not surprising that they misconstrued that statement when they counter-argue with "but WE did build that".

Effect

What are the odds of Romney's numbers actually going down after this convention? They are going to go so far right tonight and the next few days I don't see how that doesn't turn people off. Especially since they are going first and the Dems can easily alter their convention speeches to directly counter whatever is said.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What are the odds of Romney's numbers actually going down after this convention? They are going to go so far right tonight and the next few days I don't see how that doesn't turn people off. Especially since they are going first and the Dems can easily alter their convention speeches to directly counter whatever is said.

I doubt it. A small bump would be hilarious though.

Kelly Ayotte is like a robot on the stage. No energy, no emotion. I don't think I can watch this garbage for very long. "Never run a lemonade stand?" The guy is fucking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES which is a lot tougher than the challenging job of being the US senator from the populous state of New Hampshire

I cannot wait for Election Day to see the GOP meltdown and all those millions of SuperPAC dollars wasted.

There's plenty of middle ground before getting there. Proving a link is often considered reasonable on the internet, especially when asserting a position is "absolutely" the case. I assume you know this though, so why are you being completely ridiculous and talking about courts, grandmothers, and notaries?

Any no, the issue is not whether Chicago is successfully dirty, it's whether they swung the election - that is, whether the dirtiness was pivotal. If not, it's not accurate to call the election bought or stolen, so that is the standard the claims need to be held to.

Fine. I was being hyperbolic. I like that anecdote not so much as proof of voter fraud of the 1960 presidential election, but the sad, "honest" corruption of West Virginians. Here you have someone offering thousands of dollars per vote, and instead you deliver the whole county for a couple grand. Sigh. Could've been indoor plumbing for everybody!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Are any of you guys watching the live stream? I wouldn't be able to stand seeing what's basically the Republican id run free for more than 15 seconds at a time. And that's WITH several bottle of Jack Daniels in hand.

Jackson50

Kelly Ayotte is like a robot on the stage. No energy, no emotion. I don't think I can watch this garbage for very long. "Never run a lemonade stand?" The guy is fucking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES which is a lot tougher than the challenging job of being the US senator from the populous state of New Hampshire

I cannot wait for Election Day to see the GOP meltdown and all those millions of SuperPAC dollars wasted.
I presumed she was ill.
Clinton would disagree (obviously) he did a lot of work preventing terrorism, the Chris Wallace interview comes to mind, as does information presented in Fahrenheit 9/11.

Clinton: Republican's said I was too obsessed with Bin Laden.

v.

Bush: I just really don't spend that much time on him.

Nope, just money....
Clinton enacted some effective counter-terrorism provisions. And he was maligned by Republicans who indeed accused him of exaggerating the threat from al-Qa'ida. But even under his stewardship, the government failed on multiple occasions to predict an attack.

Measley

Did she really say that? That is ridiculous.

thatbox

Banned
http://www.harpers.org/archive/2012/08/hbc-90008805

Watch the video if you can, it's sickening.

Convention attendees shout down a Puerto Rican woman at the podium with chants of "USA". Priebus has to calm them down. Kind of funny after denying race-based muckraking in his party on Morning Joe the other day.

The chanting carried on for nearly a minute while most of the other delegates and the media stood by in stunned silence. The Puerto Rican correspondent turned to me and asked, “Is this happening?” I said I honestly didn’t know what was happening—it was astonishing to see all the brittle work of narrative construction that is a modern political convention suddenly crack before our eyes. None of us could quite believe what we were seeing: A sea of twentysomething bowties and cowboy hats morphing into frat bros apparently shrieking over (or at) a Latina. RNC chairman Reince Priebus quickly stepped up and asked for order and respect for the speaker, suggesting that, yeah, what we had just seen might well have been an ugly outburst of nativism.​

You know I don't get these GOP governors crowing about their states. A lot of their states success is due to the policies that started with Obama. You think Ohio would be looking this good if Detroit went bankrupt? I don't think those governors are getting the credit.

codhand

Only Holo-Reagan can save this convention now.
"taxechusetts" oh man.
Not sure how many people are gonna respond well to negative comments following "I played golf with Joe Biden."

oooo, Newt, who were you hugging on? (CNN).

Play golf with me and then call me a liar on national tv? You're catching one to your teeth on sight.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh god, this is awful. I'm expecting Romney to come out and demo Wii Music at some point.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

Convention attendees shout down a Puerto Rican woman at the podium with chants of "USA". Priebus has to calm them down. Kind of funny after denying race-based muckraking in his party on Morning Joe the other day.

The chanting carried on for nearly a minute while most of the other delegates and the media stood by in stunned silence. The Puerto Rican correspondent turned to me and asked, “Is this happening?” I said I honestly didn’t know what was happening—it was astonishing to see all the brittle work of narrative construction that is a modern political convention suddenly crack before our eyes. None of us could quite believe what we were seeing: A sea of twentysomething bowties and cowboy hats morphing into frat bros apparently shrieking over (or at) a Latina. RNC chairman Reince Priebus quickly stepped up and asked for order and respect for the speaker, suggesting that, yeah, what we had just seen might well have been an ugly outburst of nativism.​

Damn, you know it's bad when even Priebus was pissed off about it.

XenodudeX

Honestly is anyone surprised at this point? These people are hardcore conservatives, so disgusting shit like this is normal for them.

Averon

Michael Steele feels used and abused

http://washingtonexaminer.com/at-rn...who-doesnt-exist/article/2505914#.UD1kD6DNmQL

At RNC, Michael Steele is man who doesn’t exist

“I have not been invited to the convention at all,” Steele says. “Their view is, the less we talk about him, we don’t invite him, we ignore him — it just didn’t happen. But those 63 seats in the House did happen. They may want to ignore me, but they don’t want to ignore what I did. It’s just sad.”

“I would have loved to have been there to salute the work of the party and see former chairmen,” Steele adds. “But I guess I’m not a member of that club.”

As it happens, Steele is in Tampa, but only, he says, in his role as an analyst on MSNBC. He won’t be attending any events in his role as former chairman.

Whatever bad blood exists privately, it is remarkable that the GOP’s most recent chairman has no role at all in the convention whose planning he initiated. He’s also the man who was in charge when the party won smashing victories in the most recent mid-term elections.

“Can we just say I’m part of the party,” asks Steele, “a leader of the party, and still an asset to the party?”

Gruco

Banned

True colors weren't hidden all that well to begin with, but it's pretty painful and sad to watch them shine through like this.

thatbox

Banned
Apparently the people shouting USA were trying to drown out the Paulites who were shouting something else? Fuck if I know. Still looks bad to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom