• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Steele feels used and abused

http://washingtonexaminer.com/at-rn...who-doesnt-exist/article/2505914#.UD1kD6DNmQL

At RNC, Michael Steele is man who doesn’t exist

Steele was nothing more than a figurehead to blunt accusations of racism in the early parts of the Age Of Obama; he was swiftly shitcanned once he was no longer useful. He knows exactly why he was used and why he was dumped, I feel no remorse for him.

It'll be interesting to see what republicans do if they lose this election, however unlikely that is. They're trying to win this year with purely a white vote, and I agree that this may be the last time that strategy can work. If it fails I'd expect some major changes over the next four years.

Sadly for the GOP, the primary road still makes it more likely that a firebrand conservative can win instead of the moderate Chosen One. I doubt Santorum will matter in 2016 but there's still Bob McDonnell and a host of other far right candidates.

Apparently the people shouting USA were trying to drown out the Paulites who were shouting something else? Fuck if I know. Still looks bad to me.

I think the Paul supporters were shouting "Seat them now!" But, Prince Rebus' reaction is pretty telling. He doesn't seem to think it has anything to do with the Paul supporters, and they seem to be chanting "USA" towards the stage.

codhand

Looks bad, because it's believable.

I know the big uns haven't spoke yet, but so far I don't see how the DNC doesn't crush this outing, especially with Fox and MSNBC both cutting away to Isaac whenever time affords.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
http://www.harpers.org/archive/2012/08/hbc-90008805

Watch the video if you can, it's sickening.

Convention attendees shout down a Puerto Rican woman at the podium with chants of "USA". Priebus has to calm them down. Kind of funny after denying race-based muckraking in his party on Morning Joe the other day.

The chanting carried on for nearly a minute while most of the other delegates and the media stood by in stunned silence. The Puerto Rican correspondent turned to me and asked, “Is this happening?” I said I honestly didn’t know what was happening—it was astonishing to see all the brittle work of narrative construction that is a modern political convention suddenly crack before our eyes. None of us could quite believe what we were seeing: A sea of twentysomething bowties and cowboy hats morphing into frat bros apparently shrieking over (or at) a Latina. RNC chairman Reince Priebus quickly stepped up and asked for order and respect for the speaker, suggesting that, yeah, what we had just seen might well have been an ugly outburst of nativism.​

..... wow

You're gonna miss Christie!
Christie-Mad.png

For an extra laugh look at where google image found the picture at.

..... wow
You didn't read what actually happend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom