• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosmo

Banned
So what are expectations for Romney's speech tonight? I think most are expecting it to be vanilla Robo-Mitt. I'm not sure he can nail it like Palin did last time around, which, for as much as she tanked after that, her convention speech was pretty electric as far as VP speeches go. I think he'll probably nail it and do better than most expect.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| if it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

WINNER!

So what are expectations for Romney's speech tonight? I think most are expecting it to be vanilla Robo-Mitt. I'm not sure he can nail it like Palin did last time around, which, for as much as she tanked after that, her convention speech was pretty electric as far as VP speeches go.

He will repeat some of the lies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So what are expectations for Romney's speech tonight? I think most are expecting it to be vanilla Robo-Mitt. I'm not sure he can nail it like Palin did last time around, which, for as much as she tanked after that, her convention speech was pretty electric as far as VP speeches go. I think he'll probably nail it and do better than most expect.
I expect something like Ryan-lite. He won't have as many exaggerations or lies as Ryan because he won't get into any specifics at all. It will basically consist of "I'm going to help the middle class by making America great again by helping the middle class"

Lindsey Graham is such a tool. I hate him so much. I don't care who is running against him, that's who I am voting for. He has been successful in creating an angry white guy.

image.php

HylianTom

Banned
Well.. it looks like fewer people are tuning-in to the RNC this time around..

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...ers-compared-to-night-two-of-2008-rnc_b143711

All told, just over 20 million people were watching last night on the Nielsen-rated networks, compared to 37 million for night two of the RNC in 2008. Night one of the 2012 RNC was roughly on par with night one of the 2008 RNC ratings-wise, making the gap all the more dramatic.

Ouch.

Pigeon: I tip my cap. You've knocked it out of the park.

re: what Miss Lindsey (*two snaps*) said..
Nice to hear someone from their party say it aloud. I bet they all know, and that it freaks them the fuck out. They must be thinking about this election as though it may be their last great chance before they're forced to, *ahem*, evolve to fit a changing electorate.

Meanwhile, the "Sonic the Hedgehog Is Drowning!" music beats louder and louder in the background of my mind for them..

That Thread title is awesome but will it fit?

Also, if Eastwood is speaking tonight, it could be pretty effective if he keeps it positive and inspiring (somehow). Going negative on Obama, though, will just make him look old and cranky. At best.

I built that...
Punishing success...
Politics of division...
I went to Israel...
Putting our service members of the armed forces in danger from cuts...
War on Religion...
Iran... Russia... Providing aid and comfort to our enemies...
Keystone pipeline...
Obama's negative attacks...
(lame personal anecdote with fake half chuckle presented as evidence of humanity)

No actual plans or details.

Wow . . . he said that out loud?

That is quite the admission of anger-based racial politics. Not that it was a disputable fact but it is funny to hear him say it out loud.
Oh, I'm sure he's just an outlier and in no way representative of the party.

Clevinger

I built that...
Punishing success...
Politics of division...
I went to Israel...
War on Religion...
Keystone pipeline...
(lame personal anecdote with fake half chuckle presented as evidence of humanity)

You forgot "Obama robbed Medicare"

I built that...
Punishing success...
Politics of division...
I went to Israel...
War on Religion...
Keystone pipeline...

You forgot a spurious attack on Obama regarding welfare

Tim-E

I expect Eastwood's speech to end with "God bless America, and don't forget to see me in Trouble with the Curve, in theaters September 21st!"

codhand

http://mije.org/richardprince/cnn-camerawoman-not-surprised-peanut-throwing#Carroll

CNN Camerawoman "Not Surprised" by Peanut-Throwing

"But Carroll, 34, said that as an Alabama native, she was not surprised. "This is Florida, and I'm from the Deep South," she said. "You come to places like this, you can count the black people on your hand. They see us doing things they don't think I should do."

Carroll noted of the Republican convention, "There are not that many black women there."

She said she wanted to thank CNN, which "has been behind me 100 percent." Although she was stationed on the floor next to Fox News, she was not operating the camera at the time. The perpetrators "didn't know what I was doing. I happened to be standing there," near one of the delegations.

"I can't change these people's hearts and minds," Carroll added. "No, it doesn't feel good. But I know who I am. I'm a proud black woman. A lot of black people are upset. This should be a wake-up call to black people. . . . People were living in euphoria for a while. People think we're gone further than we have."

Carroll said she had received many requests for interviews and was in meetings most of Wednesday. "I was hoping this story would go away," she said. "I'm not interested in talking to any other media about this."

daedalius

I built that...
Punishing success...
Politics of division...
I went to Israel...
War on Religion...
Keystone pipeline...

Need to figure out a drinking game.

PoliGAF |OT3| Mods Say You Can't Get Banned From Legitimate Trolls

PoliGAF |OT3| We Built This Thread

PoliGAF |OT3| Now Sailing With Cayman Island Flag

PoliGAF |OT3| HoloReagan's Revenge

PoliGAF |OT3| Bring You Love Except With Respect Without Love

PoliGAF |OT3| We Love You GAF WOMEEEEEEEEEN

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I built that... (1 shot)
Punishing success... (1 shot)
Politics of division... (1 shot)
I went to Israel... (2 shots)
Putting our service members of the armed forces in danger from cuts... (2 shots)
War on Religion... (1 shot)
Iran... Russia... Providing aid and comfort to our enemies... (1 shot)
Keystone pipeline... (3 shots)
Obama's negative attacks... (1 shot)

Here's the drinking game.

I built that...
Punishing success...
Politics of division...
I went to Israel...
War on Religion...
Keystone pipeline...

I don't know what Deadline is so pay me!

Woah, Linda McMahon took a 3 point lead in the Quinnipiac poll?

Steel Cage Match for the inauguration!

Obama Takin our Guns.

AndyD

aka andydumi

I think that's about right. Any straying can cause a gaffe which could be devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom