• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to help the Democrats out, so I came up with some slogans the party can use for a "small" fee.

Democrats Are Different

I'm Thinking Democrats

Democrats: We Have The Meats

Ooh, I love this new talking point on the investigating: "They were only supposed to look at Russia stuff, so we should let all this potentially illegal business stuff from years ago slide, and Americans should be furious about the search for truth."

Edit: He's been asking around about pardons? ALREADY? Hah.

thefro

Democrats: BELIEVE

Honestly we just need to borrow an old slogan, like Obama did with Si Se Puede/Yes We Can or Trump stealing Reagan's "Make America Great Again".

Loxley

RE - that 2018 millenial voter turnout thread.

People are gonna shit their pants over one study and take it as gospel more than a year out from midterms? I swear some folks just want to hear bad news. You would think the last election taught people to take any sort of national polling data with a grain of salt.

Mike M

Nick N
Ooh, I love this new talking point on the investigating: "They were only supposed to look at Russia stuff, so we should let all this potentially illegal business stuff from years ago slide, and Americans should be furious about the search for truth."

Edit: He's been asking around about pardons? ALREADY? Hah.

I seen to recall they were researching the extent of pardoning power months ago...

Even if he doesn't fire Mueller before the end of the month, I have trouble envisioning a scenario where Trump will allow himself to be talked out of it for 1-2 years. There's no way this investigation reaches a conclusion without Trump trying to shut it down.

royalan

I think "We deserve better" gets same message across without being accused of being typical democratic elites.

There is absolutely nothing Democrats will be able to do to prevent Republicans from painting us as elites.

Not saying that we should mold our strategy around flighty young voters, but the general complaint from the group of voters that should be inclined to vote for us is that we're out of touch with the average person, we don't fight, and that we hide behind political double-speak that makes it hard to trust us. I think Democrats could gain a lot by adopting a more combative tone, whatever the slogan ends up being.

kirblar

There is absolutely nothing Democrats will be able to do to prevent Republicans from painting us as elites.

Not saying that we should mold our strategy around flighty young voters, but the general complaint about the group of voters that should be inclined to vote for us is that we're out of touch with the average person, we don't fight, and that we hide behind political double-speak that makes it hard to trust us. I think Democrats could gain a lot by adopting a more combative tone, whatever the slogan ends up being.
(Because "Elites" is really about being city people.)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Santucci @JTSantucci

Sources tell ABC News that Mark Corallo, spokesperson for Trump legal team working Russia probe had resigned. No word yet from Corallo.

Always a sign of a team confident in their abilities.

John Santucci @JTSantucci

Sources tell ABC News that Mark Corallo, spokesperson for Trump legal team working Russia probe had resigned. No word yet from Corallo.

Between this and the NYT/WaPo both reporting similar stories about Trump's team gameplanning pardons...it sounds like something is about to happen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, I don't think we're making it through August without Trump trying something.

I wouldn't be surprised if he tried it in July. I still have zero faith the GOP would replace Mueller with anyone remotely credible. Going to be a dark 3.5 years if that happens.

Rick Wilson tweeted Marc Kasowitz quit. Is he getting him mixed up with Corallo?
Could be. The NYT only says Kasowitz's role will be "significantly reduced."

More on Corallo:
The spokesman for President Donald Trump's legal team has resigned within two months of being on the job, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mark Corallo, the spokesman, had grown frustrated with the operation and the warring factions and lawyers, these people said. Corallo was also concerned if he was being told the truth about various matters, one of these people said.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...resigns-just-two-months-after-starting-240783

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Yeah, there's like a 90% chance he's going to fire him. Maybe a 10% chance they're just floating this idea to see how disastrous it would be.

Trouble

Banned
I'm looking to help the Democrats out, so I came up with some slogans the party can use for a "small" fee.

Democrats Are Different

I'm Thinking Democrats

Democrats: We Have The Meats

jhidgJC.jpg

Except Democrats instead of Apples.

YAAAAAS Awkwad Ann.

A poll some time ago showed her beating McSally. Arizona loves them some Ann.

She won AZ-02 in her Senate run.

Rumor is that Sinema and Mark Kelly (Gabby's husband) are both going to run for Senate. Hope they pull a Kamala/Newsom and make an agreement for who runs for which seat.

Rumor is that Sinema and Mark Kelly (Gabby's husband) are both going to run for Senate. Hope they pull a Kampala/Newsom and make an agreement for who runs for which seat.

My political intuition tells me that Sinema should try for the open seat while Kelly challenges Flake.

Don't ask me why.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I haven't been able to read the most recent updated NYT interview transcripts, but has anyone managed to ask Trump to his face how he reconciles claiming no one should be concerned that he won't reveal his tax returns while saying that states which don't comply with the voting fraud commission's requests are clearly hiding bad things? Cuz c'mon, that hypocrisy is just sitting out there. Someone make him try to perform those mental gymnastics.

Rumor is that Sinema and Mark Kelly (Gabby's husband) are both going to run for Senate. Hope they pull a Kampala/Newsom and make an agreement for who runs for which seat.
Mark Kelly going political? Interesting.

If Mueller doesn't get fired and Mueller announce anything against Trump. I bet Trump pardons himself after in a desperate attempt to protect himself.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
@realDonaldTrump

Hey Mueller, YOU'RE FIRED! #MAGA

^that is a tweet i would not be surprised to see from Trump.
That is basically what a trump supporter thinks of with draining the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom