• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

DFdXTeHXkAA7OqX.jpg:large

" If Republicans don't repeal and replace the disasterous ObamaCare, 22 million Democratic voters won't be sick enough to not be able to vote causing Republicans to lose!"

Republicans constantly say this shit like "the repercussions for running on repealing Obamacare and failing would be massive!"

What about the repercussions for running on making health insurance cost less when you are proposing a bill with way higher deductibles and premiums.

Republicans constantly say this shit like "the repercussions for running on repealing Obamacare and failing would be massive!"

What about the repercussions for running on making health insurance cost less when you are proposing a bill with way higher deductibles and premiums.

At this point, after the Tea Party and with most actual Republican lawmakers and staff only watching Fox... I can pretty easily believe that they believe their own hype.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The first 5 responses change because twitter now elevates confirmed accounts above chronological order.

Still shows the same for me.

Also, that reply isn't actually Trump.

GrapeApes

Just because you misjudged Trump's chances doesn't mean I have to sit here and listen to you claim Ronald McDonald will be a Senator.
He'd get a lot of support from the agriculture industry. Plus he'd be anti labor. He could win in a whole lot of states. He'd probably have to get a wife though. Bachelor senator is a tougher sell.

Kind of funny how the Democrats are the party of celebrities, but all of the successful celebrity turned politicians are Republicans. The GOP has had not one, but TWO celebrity turned politicians that became president. And of course there's the Governator.

With one notable exception for the Democrats, obviously.

Slayven

Kind of funny how the Democrats are the party of celebrities, but all of the successful celebrity turned politicians are Republicans. The GOP has had not one, but TWO celebrity turned politicians that became president. And of course there's the Governator.

Al Franken?

Ryuuroden

Multiple governors, don't forget that wrestler.

Ryuuroden

Jesse Ventura? He was elected as a member of the Reform Party.

OK fine, Reagan was a governor tho! >.>

Edit, oh got another. That asshole, Fred Thompson US senator from Tenn.

LOL, Sean Duffy (R -Wisconsin, US House) - Real World - Boston
Sean Duffy said:
Then, he tried to use a former colleague as a prop so that he could blame liberalism for a shooting rampage in Tucson, Arizona, in early 2011. “Look at Gabby Giffords,” Duffy said. “The Marxist who took her life, a leftist guy, and now you see violence and terror in the streets all across America, burning and beating people with Donald Trump hats.”

J.C. Watts, my representative for a few years, qualifies as an Oklahoma celebrity.

Fun story: when asked why he named his son Julius Caesar, J.C.'s father said, "I'm a big fan of Greek history."

sphagnum

Banned
J.C. Watts, my representative for a few years, qualifies as an Oklahoma celebrity.

Fun story: when asked why he named his son Julius Caesar, J.C.'s father said, "I'm a big fan of Greek history."

Maybe he's taking the long view, you know, like the Byzantine perspective.

Because the US is an embarrassment and they're better. Why would people bring them up and hope they could mirror what they do if they weren't the cream of the crop?

They are better in many ways, but not all. Copying other countries in my perspective, is a bad idea. The biggest problem that people do is copy something on the surface level without considering the different intricacies and the history behind it.

It is not bad to take ideas and than morphing it to fit your situation. However, you must consider how it is done in their country and consider differences in this country.

They are better in many ways, but not all. Copying other countries in my perspective, is a bad idea. The biggest problem that people do is copy something on the surface level without considering the different intricacies and the history behind it.

It is not bad to take ideas and than morphing it to fit your situation. However, you most considering how it is done in their country and consider differences in this country.

You're right you have to be careful. Nevertheless, I wouldn't spin it as a bad idea. We can pretend educated people around the world aren't coming up with great fundamental ideas and designs but it simply isn't so.

Even if you ignore the blemishes of universal coverage and the 18% of GDP that the US dedicates to health care....the claim that he US is the best in the world still doesn't hold up. Pre-ACA, ACA in full effect, etc. There's really no way to spin it other than it's a fake alternative fact that somehow has been parroted and believed. No one even really understands what some Americans mean when they say the US is #1, but many researchers have looked into it anyway just to put the claim to the test.

Holmes

All conservative celebrities are B-list at best and their careers are washed up, so there's nothing better for them to do than run for office. That's why more celebrities turned politicians are conservative.

All conservative celebrities are B-list at best and their careers are washed up, so there's nothing better for them to do than run for office. That's why more celebrities turned politicians are conservative.

Trump was probably the worst part of The Apprentice. Even his time with WWE sucked.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| Me, Myself and Iran
PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom