• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hopefully. If him and RBG can't hold on, Dems need to entertain increasing the court if they ever get power again. Otherwise we'll be in for another world of hurt courtesy of the courts for the next 30 years.

More specifically if Republicans gain a 7-2 majority I honestly could see scenarios where states like California give a serious shot at exiting. Red States would become unlivable for non conservatives.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's a massive transfer of wealth from middle-class and poor families to the richest people in America. It hands enormous tax cuts to the rich and to the drug and insurance industries, paid for by cutting health care for everybody else. Those with private insurance will experience higher premiums and higher deductibles, with lower tax credits to help working families cover the costs, even as their plans might no longer cover pregnancy, mental health care, or expensive prescriptions. Discrimination based on pre-existing conditions could become the norm again. Millions of families will lose coverage entirely.

This right here? This is the framework for any 2018 campaigning.

More specifically if Republicans gain a 7-2 majority I honestly could see scenarios where states like California give a serious shot at exiting. Red States would become unlivable for non conservatives.

My prediction of pure red and blue states by 2030 and then a split by 2050 would ring true.

Happier news is we now have a credible candidate for Nevada's gubernatorial election, Steve Sisolak who starts out with more than $4 million in the bank (Clark County Commission Chairman in the most alliterative office name ever).

Happier news is we now have a credible candidate for Nevada's gubernatorial election, Steve Sisolak who starts out with more than $4 million in the bank (Clark County Commission Chairman in the most alliterative office name ever).

Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak is like a comic book character name

My prediction of pure red and blue states by 2030 and then a split by 2050 would ring true.

How would red states as their own country even survive? Their economy would be terrible. Seems like they'd quickly descend into South American style facism.

I'd get to to live in Neo-New England York Jersey though, so that'd be fun.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Governorships are going to be huge. I am curious to see which democrat Michigan's dems get behind. That state is becoming a backwoods rural disaster.

Plinko

Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak is like a comic book character name

How would red states as their own country even survive? Their economy would be terrible. Seems like they'd quickly descend into South American style facism.

Red states won't be on their own. They'd most likely stick together.

Edit: And another dp. My goodness this day is the worst.

If not for the fact that the entire country would probably go into ruin if blue states tried to secede it would be fun to watch blue states succeed and Republicans left running all of the poorest states in the country even further into the ground.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
http://www.avclub.com/article/bill-cosby-hold-town-hall-meetings-how-avoid-sexua-257203

latest

Plinko

Trump's latest appointee to his voter fraud commission:

DC80R3KXUAgMctL.jpg

How would that even work. They'd be an entire country of grass sandwiched between two rich liberal coastal countries. Texas would either be blue at that time, or end up just going on to be its own country like they've always wanted, so there wouldn't even be any economy for them to use as a starting point.

Their only resource would be lots and lots of farm land, some oil, and whatever mining remains.

They'd be broke, with nobody competent enough to fix their problems and no rich states to give them money. They'd never survive without moving towards a dictatorship.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Edit: And another dp. My goodness this day is the worst.

They'll have to lean on Texas pretty heavily if Cali and NY are gone. Most red states wind up taking in more federal money than they give.

The Technomancer

How would that even work. They'd be an entire state of grass sandwiched between two rich liberal coastal countries. Texas would either be blue at that time, or end up just going on to be its own country like they've always wanted, so there wouldn't even be any economy for them to use as a starting point.

Their only resource would be lots and lots of farm land, some oil, and whatever mining remains.

I used to think you could form a Wisconsin/Illinois/Minnesota coalition as well but man, Wisconsin's embrace of Walker has me dejected

Plinko

How would that even work. They'd be an entire state of grass sandwiched between two rich liberal coastal countries. Texas would either be blue at that time, or end up just going on to be its own country like they've always wanted, so there wouldn't even be any economy for them to use as a starting point.

They'll have to lean on Texas pretty heavily if Cali and NY are gone. Most red states wind up taking in more federal money than they give.

That's my working theory. It would be insane to see, but I honestly think we're headed this direction--especially if you see something happen like Roe and gay marriage overturned.

I used to think you could form a Wisconsin/Illinois/Minnesota coalition as well but man, Wisconsin's embrace of Walker has me dejected

My thought on distribution would be

- All of New England and the entire East Coast. Maine to Florida.
- The entire midwest and south, except Texas
- Texas
- Utah
- The entire west coast, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Hawaii and Alaska

The east coast is turning more liberal, the mid west is turning more red, and Texas is Texas. Utah seems like they'd love to just be an entire country of Mormons (and some fiction I've read generally has Utah as its own thing)

Sorry Minnesota and Illinois. You aren't connected to any other blue states :(

Blader

Governorships are going to be huge. I am curious to see which democrat Michigan's dems get behind. That state is becoming a backwoods rural disaster.

Absolutely. I feel like too many in the base are fixated on winning the House. Not that that isn't important, but running the table on the many governors races next year is going to be critical to everything from creating anti-Trump state bulwarks (e.g. refusing to comply with immigration orders, pursuing Paris climate goals) to making sure we're not in for another decade of Republican-dominated redistricting.

I don't get how Dayton's stewardship of Minnesota can provide such a direct parallel to Walker's fucking dumpster fire of a government and yet Wisconsin is still content to sit over there with their head so far up their ass.

drag them Jacky
Jacky's a good candidate. I have faith Nevada can recreate their surprisingly blue wave from last year next year.

- Texas
- Utah
- The entire west coast, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Hawaii and Alaska

The east coast is turning more liberal, the mid west is turning more red, and Texas is Texas. Utah seems like they'd love to just be an entire country of Mormons (and some fiction I've read generally has Utah as its own thing)

Where does Idaho fit here?

- Texas
- Utah

Not that I see this happening, but Illinois should just go it alone in that scenario.

Ray Down

Banned
That's my working theory. It would be insane to see, but I honestly think we're headed this direction--especially if you see something happen like Roe and gay marriage overturned.

Aren't the profit generating areas of Texas more blue like Houston and Austin, I imagine if something like what you propose happened it just lead to brain drain?

And agree Michigan needs a good runner for the Dems because our state gov terrible.

Ogodei

So she's Olaf and Jeff Sessions is Summer.

The woman lost her husband, so i'm inclined to give her some latitude for not being as woke as she needs to be.

If she starts actually stumping for him, though, then the blood of other police victims will be on her hands.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...spiracy-tweets-fml?source=twitter&via=desktop

It was a bizarre suggestion that took some in the White House off guard. “No clue what the thinking was,” a White House staffer said of the tweets. “He could’ve just said there are no tapes. It’s baffling, frankly.”
Instead of putting the “tape” issue to rest and leave it at that, Trump’s statements threaten to embroil the White House in yet another round of politically inconvenient questioning about issues—Comey’s firing, the FBI’s probe into Russian election-meddling, and Trump’s reported efforts to hobble it—that the White House has tried, with little success, to move past.
Informed of the president’s denial that he had recorded his conversations with Comey, a senior administration official replied, “At least that’s behind us.” When alerted to his apparent suspicions of Oval Office surveillance, the official replied in a text message, “fml.”
That’s shorthand for “fuck my life.”

The Technomancer

And then Minnesota joins Canada.

I've always wanted to be Canada's dingleberry.

Lets just...take over Wisconsin. Illinois can creep up from the south, everything between Chicago and Milwaukee feels like a Chicago suburb anyway. Head east from the Cities. Grab as much land as we can, leave the Walkerites the northeast

Pelosi is awesome and she has done an awesome job. Why make this about herself though? I mean there is nothing she can realistically do in the house as a minority leader against Trumpcare.

Those tweets are almost Trumpian in nature.

shem935

Banned
Pelosi is awesome and she has done an awesome job. Why make this about herself though? I mean there is nothing she can realistically do in the house as a minority leader against Trumpcare.

Those tweets are almost Trumpian in nature.

Because maybe she feels abandoned by her party with calls for her resignation after she busted ass for them for over a decade? Just a thought.

DC84PxaXYAUFEEw.jpg

Stand with Nancy.

Oh god these people are dumb dumb dumb.

Seeing the statements calling herself a "master legislator" and a politically astute leader was just sad.

Yes, how dumb of them to try to defend a progressive legislator they like and respect from attacks that are unwarranted and incoherent.

Something is wrong with you.
^

There has never been dissatisfaction with Nancy Pelosi as majority leader until squalid opportunists wanted to capitalize on party establishment dissatisfaction to further their own careers. There is especially no reason to attack her when the alternative, the guy who's attacking her, is telling us to stop catering to LGBT and POC issues.
Lets just...take over Wisconsin. Illinois can creep up from the south, everything between Chicago and Milwaukee feels like a Chicago suburb anyway. Head east from the Cities. Grab as much land as we can, leave the Walkerites the northeast
Is this civilization 6 or politics

Because maybe she feels abandoned by her party with calls for her resignation after she busted ass for them for over a decade? Just a thought.

So, when is the right time for her to step aside? What happens if Dems don't win house in 2018? Wait till 2020?

All data points to the fact that a Pelosi speakership is a rallying point for Republicans to vote against the Dem candidate in the house. It rallies the GOP base.

She gave her speech today, she fought back. Don't make the fight against Trumpcare about her, there are more important things at stake than her speakership.

^

There has never been dissatisfaction with Nancy Pelosi as majority leader until squalid opportunists wanted to capitalize on party establishment dissatisfaction to further their own careers. There is especially no reason to attack her when the alternative, the guy who's attacking her, is telling us to stop catering to LGBT and POC issues.

Tim Ryan can go to hell.

Plinko

I guess I don't get why the focus is on her right now. They should be all-in on this upcoming AHCA thing, and we start seeing #StandwithNancy? Absolutely bizarre.

shem935

Banned
So, when is the right time for her to step aside? What happens if Dems don't win house in 2018? Wait till 2020?

All data points to the fact that a Pelosi speakership is a rallying point for Republicans to vote against the Dem candidate in the house. It rallies the GOP base.

She gave her speech today, she fought back. Don't make the fight against Trumpcare about her, there are more important things at stake than her speakership.

And when the next speaker comes in and the republicans rally around hating minorities, denying women rights, and tax cuts what will you have achieved? Loss of veteran leadership that would be more than happy to push the most progressive agenda you can think over the finish line in an eventual democrat controlled house.

Maybe if democrats actually defended and advocated for the women in their party they wouldn't be the targets of such smears. Instead they talk about firing them.

Nobody's making "the fight" about her except for the people baselessly attacking her. Rule 1 in having a sane party: don't make concessions to the gullible and the plotting weasels. She earned it, she can damn well retire whenever she feels like, including but not limited to never.

Also, it's not like Republicans will like us once we can her. Lol.
I guess I don't get why the focus is on her right now. They should be all-in on this upcoming AHCA thing, and we start seeing #StandwithNancy? Absolutely bizarre.
Because Tim Ryan and other motherfuckers decided to turn it into an issue. Because some berners are still sore about things they don't understand and some people think everything is an appropriate political ladder.

Hindl

Because in GA-06 Republicans tied Ossoff to Pelosi, Ossoff then goes on to lose, so certain people on the left are using this as a chance to get rid of Pelosi by blaming her since they wanted to get rid of her anyway

This. But Pelosi's team sees this as an opportunity to make it about her. I don't know.

And when the next speaker comes in and the republicans rally around hating minorities, denying women rights, and tax cuts what will you have achieved? Loss of veteran leadership that would be more than happy to push the most progressive agenda you can think over the finish line in an eventual democrat controlled house.

Maybe if democrats actually defended and advocated for the women in their party they wouldn't be the targets of such smears. Instead they talk about firing them.

Nobody is talking about firing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom