• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in GA-06 Republicans tied Ossoff to Pelosi, Ossoff then goes on to lose, so certain people on the left are using this as a chance to get rid of Pelosi by blaming her since they wanted to get rid of her anyway

Nobody asked Pelosi's team to add Stand with Nancy to attacks on Trumpcare.

?????

You really gonna go to bat for a technicality of calling for her to step down vs firing her?

I am saying Dems should project a new face for the leadership for 2018. How is that firing her or asking her to step aside?

Mizerman

So, when is the right time for her to step aside? What happens if Dems don't win house in 2018? Wait till 2020?

All data points to the fact that a Pelosi speakership is a rallying point for Republicans to vote against the Dem candidate in the house. It rallies the GOP base.

She gave her speech today, she fought back. Don't make the fight against Trumpcare about her, there are more important things at stake than her speakership.

It doesn't matter who becomes the next Dem Speaker. They'll get tarred and feathered by the GOP all the same. They could literally bring in a ham sandwich as the next speaker and it would trigger Republicans something fierce.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Because Tim Ryan and other motherfuckers decided to turn it into an issue. Because some berners are still sore about things they don't understand and some people think everything is an appropriate political ladder.

Because in GA-06 Republicans tied Ossoff to Pelosi, Ossoff then goes on to lose, so certain people on the left are using this as a chance to get rid of Pelosi by blaming her since they wanted to get rid of her anyway

I mean, I understand that part of it. I just don't get why she can't say, "Hey--this is more important right now." The attacks aren't going to cause her to be removed instantly. That would take months.

This. But Pelosi's team sees this as an opportunity to make it about her. I don't know.
You're looking at this completely backwards right now. She's become the punching bag for a coup. She wants to defend herself because she's been around long enough to know she doesn't deserve to lie down and take it.

Goddamn, I'm getting triggered by Diablos, Cartoon Soldier, and Plinko all at the same time.

You're looking at this completely backwards right now. She's become the punching bag for a coup. She wants to defend herself because she's been around long enough to know she doesn't deserve to lie down and take it.

Goddamn, I'm getting triggered by Diablos, Cartoon Soldier, and Plinko all at the same time.

She defended herself, today morning. She gave a speech, great.

Stand with Nancy ain't gonna win you the house in 2018.

My issue is attack the Senate bill right now, forget defending your place as the dem leader.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Me? I like Pelosi! I was just curious about the timing. Seems odd to me is all. I get the reason behind the push, just don't get the timing of it when the AHCA is about to destroy healthcare.

Also, why lump me in with anyone? I thought Ossoff was going to win and I predict a 2018 blue wave. Enough of this "He's always pessimistic!!!" garbage.

Blader

I have no idea who is tweeting out #StandwithNancy, but unless it's Chuck Schumer and Tom Perez, I don't give a fuck. The only people who are letting Pelosi hashtags distract them from AHCA are you guys.

Speaking of which, Pelosi is on PSA today, lol

Friendly reminder 70 million people might be without insurance in ten years so there might be something kind of more important than some lady whose still going to be doing her job until she dies

Crocodile

studyguy

Is this a gradual thing? Or does everybody's insurance get taken away at once?

Medicaid repeal goes over 7 years iirc.
All the same the market isn't going to suddenly go "Oh yeah no you're fine right now." Healthcare market forces are going to react violently to things going sideways, things are going to be bad regardless earlier than whatever timeline they put out there.

It's crappy too, because the CBO estimate for how many people will lose insurance likely won't consider that Medicaid will be bankrupt in 2030 from cuts and tying the cost increases to inflation (which is comedy, since healthcare increases several times faster than inflation)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Is that the first time he has campaigned for anyone this year?

It's crappy too, because the CBO estimate for how many people will lose insurance likely won't consider that Medicaid will be bankrupt in 2030 from cuts and tying the cost increases to inflation (which is comedy, since healthcare increases several times faster than inflation)

Actually, I would not be all that surprised if it does run the numbers on Medicaid solvency.

Democrats have a 17 point edge on Healthcare over the GOP.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/poll-democrats-lead-health-care-gop-economy-n775706

which_party_would_do_a_better_job_-_democrats_republicans_chartbuilder_484cebb40030a138f999046f560f4d45.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

Crocodile

Terrorism is super bad but as someone who lived like 30 minutes from the WTC when 9/11 went down I still don't understand why ISIS is a big voting issue for most/any person. ISIS doesn't give a shit about you if you live in Kansas.

daedalius

Called my shitty senators from KS

I fucking love how Roberts was here not a month ago telling his constituents that single payer and Medicare for all was on the table, and he supports this fucking travesty.

What a joke they all are.

Moran has no opinion yet, but his aide told me he is reading it very carefully!

Plinko

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Terrorism is super bad but as someone who lived like 30 minutes from the WTC when 9/11 went down I still don't understand why ISIS is a big voting issue for most/any person. ISIS doesn't give a shit about you if you live in Kansas.

Probably because cable news media does nothing but fearmonger, turning every single minor incident into practically something of 9/11 scale coverage-wise, and your average American thinks the world is getting more dangerous by the day when the exact opposite is true.

pigeon

Banned
I guess I don't get why the focus is on her right now. They should be all-in on this upcoming AHCA thing, and we start seeing #StandwithNancy? Absolutely bizarre.

Today's when a bunch of House reps went to the media and said they don't trust Pelosi. Maybe blame them?

Plinko

Today's when a bunch of House reps went to the media and said they don't trust Pelosi. Maybe blame them?

Wasn't around much this morning so I missed it and didn't see it when I got back. Notice how in my posts I wasn't "blaming" anyone. I didn't think it was her--just mentioned that she could defuse it by focusing attention where it needed to be.

You'd think the reddest states having shitty economies that are almost directly linked to tax cuts for the wealthy would give voters a hint about how viable their economic policies are.

So I'm crunching some numbers, and since 2012, the Democrats who has run statewide and done best in Paul Ryan's WI-1 is...

Tammy Baldwin!

Baldwin 12: -4.05%
Obama 12: -4.21%
Clinton 16: -10.38%
Burke 14: -17.52%

Democrats are also now +8 in preference of who controls Congress. That's good news.

As for this list, it shows democrats have a long way to go on economy and taxes. The sad thing is they have all the ammunition they need. Just use it. Get mean and nasty and turn it around on the republicans.

Steve Kornacki‏ @SteveKornacki

Last time Dems were +8 was 10/13, during govt shutdown. (But in '14 they lost 13 seats.)

Generic ballot at this same point in...

'06 cycle: Dems +5% (Dems +31 seats in election)
'10: Dems +7% (Dems -63 seats in election)

Guess we'll see what happens as Dems have both lost & gained seats when in the positive.

barber

Guess we'll see what happens as Dems have both lost & gained seats when in the positive.

That tweet is kinda stupid as it totally disregards the environment in which those polls were made which will really affect the election as it is more than one year away.
The 2006 cycle was after the 2004 loss and Bush kinda starting to become a drag for the general american.
The 2010 cycle was after 2008 which started a slow ecconomical recuperation after the great recession and the birth of the Tea party (after the grace period).
Also the 2010 cycle came after two really positive election runs which gave supermajorities in both chambers which, of course, means that a weaker cycle makes a bigger lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom