• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Portions of) Yakuza 3 coming to the West - March 2010

web01

That pre order DLC better not = the free DLC that was released after the japanese launch otherwise no sale.

web01 said:
That pre order DLC better not = the free DLC that was released after the japanese launch otherwise no sale.

Can people please stop doing this. Some fucking costumes would make you skip out on this game that appears to actually be releasing as if by some fucking miracle!?

If I see you in any thread complaining about games not coming over or whatever I will swing a goddam bicycle at you, son.

That goes for anyone here that "won't be buying" because of the boxart. You'll all make my list as well.

web01

SecretBonusPoint said:
Can people please stop doing this. Some fucking costumes would make you skip out on this game that appears to actually be releasing as if by some fucking miracle!?

If I see you in any thread complaining about games not coming over or whatever I will swing a goddam bicycle at you, son.

That goes for anyone here that "won't be buying" because of the boxart. You'll all make my list as well.

Did you even read that? Its more than costumes it actual content, just because its finally getting released doesnt mean they can start screwing us over by removing parts of the game for only those who preorder. (if thats what are actually doing I dont know, clarification is needed)

And yes the boxart is disgraceful its a five minute photoshop job people should be complaining about it so that maybe it can be improved.

What is worse than someone who complains is a person that has blind loyalty to a company.

web01 said:
Did you even read that? Its more than costumes it actual content, just because its finally getting released doesnt mean they can start screwing us over by removing parts of the game for only those who preorder. (if thats what are actually doing I dont know, clarification is needed)

And yes the boxart is disgraceful its a five minute photoshop job people should be complaining about it so that maybe it can be improved.

What is worse than someone who complains is a person that has blind loyalty to a company.
Charging for DLC that was free in Japan might be part of the economics of localizing a game that sells 500k in Japan and 20k in NA.

You're free to complain, naturally, but if you don't buy Y3, and they don't localize Y4, you don't get to complain about that.

C-Jo

web01 said:

Who said anything about loyalty to a company? A lot of us are fucking ecstatic that we have the opportunity to play this game, period. If boxart, some bullshit costumes and a throw away multiplayer challenge mode are really going to sway your buying decision that much, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't really want it that much to begin with.

Shurs

SecretBonusPoint said:

Bravo.

Yes you won't find me complaining in any thread ever! Especially not about Sega games!

And on the matter of buying games, I do so when I want to play the fucking game? I could not give less of a shit that I will miss out on some outfits for virtual whores post completion of the game and some awful tacked on 2 player mini-games, so the idea that someone would skip Yakuza 3 because of this and because the cover-art doesnt give them an erection is preposterous to me.

ncfmrm.gif

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Segata Sanshiro said:
With you, I was being cute. With Kintaro, he can haul his ass to a fucking video store or something and look if he's too blind to have noticed the trend. It's like asking me to prove there are fifty cities in the world whose names start with the letter 'a'. I could do it, but why would I waste my time proving something obvious?

You said something stupid and got called out on it. Simple as that. I guess that makes someone a "system warrior" now. :lol

Kintaro said:
You said something stupid and got called out on it. Simple as that. I guess that makes someone a "system warrior" now. :lol
I'm not finished masturbating.

Also, I didn't call you a system warrior. You grew out of your Sony bootlicking a long time ago.

Kintaro

Segata Sanshiro said:
I'm not finished masturbating.

*looks at time difference*

You sure you're not like...bleeding by now? This can't be healthy.

I hate all the systems equally now. Having a game store does that I guess. =/

C-Jo said:
He doesn't need to justify it because I already did a few pages back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19361318&postcount=654

Whether or not it's a successful trend is absolutely open for debate, but it's a trend nonetheless.

<looks>

I would say it's absolutely not a successful trend (as shown in the other post too) :lol In Army of Two's case, they moved away from it.

Of course, maybe Bayonetta would end up more successful if they had a close up of half of her tit on the box or something.

As for Yakuza 3, maybe they could have taken the original JP artwork and took the cig out of his mouth or something (since that's probably a "no no" despite it being M rated). I honestly don't care about the half face thing, but the way they have it looks so...haphazardly slapped on there. :lol

C-Jo

Kintaro said:
I would say it's absolutely not a successful trend (as shown in the other post too) :lol In Army of Two's case, they moved away from it.

Of course, maybe Bayonetta would end up more successful if they had a close up of half of her tit on the box or something.

Well of course it's not a successful trend, that's why Sega is copping it.

Kintaro

C-Jo said:
Well of course it's not a successful trend, that's why Sega is copping it.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel with Sega. =/

I still have plans on buying it, but March is the new November. =(

Segata Sanshiro said:
I'm going to ejaculate a Chevy.

Your love for Howie Long as gone too far. =O

gogogow

It seems the EU box is a tiny bit different. You see a couple of mm more of Kiryu.....

Yeah, the boxart is shit, but still day one for me.

Why is RubyEclipse never available to comment on truly awful things? I don't really understand how 2 separate territorys of the company thought this shitty boxart would be a great idea.

Oh well, will have to get a custom one done or something.

Vespa

Something like this (but with characters from the game) please:
ivloue.jpg

Will buy regardless of man with 18 on his chin though :/.

KGKK

Banned
ArveGary said:
Didn't notice this anywhere yet, but the European packshot seems to be the same as the U.S. one...

Ughhh, that is the worst game cover I have ever seen by far.:(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
DigitalDevil said:
REALLY?

http://i47.tinypic.com/121brbp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/double_heist/1607pt108e996.jpg

Tailzo

I get the complains about the cover... But let's not forget how awesome the game is.

We should focus on that, and maybe how to print out the japanese cover and replace the us one :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Xater said:
Can you imagine this with the giant ass German USK logo? :lol

:( :( :(

as of now , USK big logo is actually the only thing that can save this cover since it will cover 1/3 of the face.

I think that's the worst box art I've ever seen. I literally can't believe they put it where his chin is getting cutoff by the ESRB rating. They must literally have NO BUDGET for this localization.

Still buying it and can't wait, though, of course...going to be awesome.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
CartridgeBlower said:
I think that's the worst box art I've ever seen. I literally can't believe they put it where his chin is getting cutoff by the ESRB rating. They must literally have NO BUDGET for this localization.

Still buying it and can't wait, though, of course...going to be awesome.

How does budget factor into cover art design though?
Just seems lazy. Game certainly isn't budget price.

Kagari said:
How does budget factor into cover art design though?
Just seems lazy. Game certainly isn't budget price.
How much you're willing to pay the guy to do it largely determines the quality and effort of the guy that does it.

The game isn't budget price but you have to believe SEGA is budgeting this thing with the awareness that it might sell 22k copies. Because honestly, it probably will.

Acosta

Segata Sanshiro said:
How much you're willing to pay the guy to do it largely determines the quality and effort of the guy that does it.

The game isn't budget price but you have to believe SEGA is budgeting this thing with the awareness that it might sell 22k copies. Because honestly, it probably will.

Sega should ask gaf to make it a cover for free, cheaper and I'm pretty sure that it would be better than than.

In any case, I don't care, had to play the last two in Japanese and I intend to buy this. The only dealbreaker was having the original voices and it´s going to have them, so they can get my money, with terrible cover even. Will be nice playing without a FAQ and a dialogue translation.

Alucrid

Banned
Just preordered from gamestop since they dropped the price by $5, have that bonus crap and gave me free shipping. Plus I had about $40 is credit I had to use. It's costing me $18, so I have no complaints.

Leckan

DigitalDevil said:
The " State-of-the Art & "High-Resolution Graphics" descriptions kills me every time. :lol :lol

I do wonder why they can't use the original JP cover though? Why can't they just add the English title instead?

rvy

Banned
LiK said:
Yea, I bet m0dus could make something 100000000x better than that in 2 minutes.
Literally
That's quite sad, mainly because it's true. I still remember his awesome Lost Planet Colonies cover after CAPCOM decided to sell the game as Classics.

Top Bottom