• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Rangers Twitch Marathon |OT3| Millions Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

So this thread is moving really slow. We're at page 55, two days in. OT2 was at page 250 by day 2. Although, we had In Space and Time Force to really kick us into gear.

Thanks, especially as you betrayed me and didn't use it in the OP like you said.

Not actually angry

I knew I was missing something! Lol, sorry about that. Can you link me to it? Please and thanks!

So this thread is moving really slow. We're at page 55, two days in. OT2 was at page 250 by day 2. Although, we had In Space and Time Force to really kick us into gear.

I knew I was missing something! Lol, sorry about that. Can you link me to it? Please and thanks!

Man, In Space was fucking great. I actually can't wait to watch all the episodes I missed after the marathon. Same for a lot of the seasons really, I'm going to rewatch/fill in the gaps for almost everything pre-Mystic Force I think.

Nah it's alright, there's already one there of the same scene.

I'm glad this marathon happened because it really got me back into the show for the first time since I was young. In some ways it lines up with my Godzilla love with the Zord fights. I dug up my 20 year old MMPR toys and am actually amazed at how big the combined Zords are! Even more amazed that I still have them. The Green Ranger flute even works still, plays the tunes and everything.

momotroniuity

Neo Member
tumblr_inline_okq3mcqT4w1rg2h6f_540.jpg

Current season.

SkyOdin

Green and sky blue are not very threatening colors for evil rangers. I just tuned in for two episodes, and I don't think I have even heard of this season before, let alone seen the designs. The monster designs and fight choreography are good at least.

Storytime

I have a nit to pick. That was a super random B plot, totally unnecessary and at odds with everything else going on. That was a ball straight out of the early season stock filler story bag. Lily is now a dance teacher out of nowhere. Couldn't she have at least been teaching her martial arts?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Green and sky blue are not very threatening colors for evil rangers. I just tuned in for two episodes, and I don't think I have even heard of this season before, let alone seen the designs. The monster designs and fight choreography are good at least.

looks like they don't have the money anymore for some armor on the suits...

MechaX

I leave thinking "RJ's actually kind of cool where everyone else is really bland," and I get back from work and RJ is a ranger.

Alright, I guess.

I am so tired of these enormous back explosions and the incessant and regular slow-mo. The latter in particular makes a lot of the non-Sentai fight sequences downright unpleasant to watch.

This season's original hand to hand combat footage is largely on point though.

Adding vfx for moves seems so basic but it really adds a lot. Especially for hidding the lack of impact from any moves.

It's a big reason why I liked Dino charge when I went through it last week.

Does that continue through these newer seasons?

I am so tired of these enormous back explosions and the incessant and regular slow-mo. The latter in particular makes a lot of the non-Sentai fight sequences downright unpleasant to watch.

This season's original hand to hand combat footage is largely on point though.

Yeah, it's gotten pretty ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom