• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pres. Eisenhower met with ETs on 3 occasions, claims Pentagon consultant, former Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

Well they supposedly met with leaders all over the world and have hidden bases all over the world, but made a deal with the US to be allowed to have a base in country.

All I really care about is formally declaring here on the internets to hook me up with them extra tall Nordic women. A whole room of them. Do that shit. Bring a basketball. I'm so down for that. No memory devices unless you're talking HD video.

ced

Every time I read something like this and get a little excited with the idea that there are ET's visiting us, or having visited us, I bring myself back into reality with these couple of thoughts.

Governments can't keep a secret this big, for this long.

You can't trust the "word" of one person, no matter what their credentials and history when it comes to this.

With that said, I don't think it's impossible, or that there are not some legitimate mass sightings or reports, but that we are and have been in contact with them? Total BS in my mind.

Oh and forgot, we have zero evidence.

Amazing, people are simply amazing.

Life being out there is pretty much a statistical given. Governments not telling truths to their people is a statistical given. Now, why would a government not want to disclose information on a benevolent civilization outside of our planet? B/c it changes everything. Right now, for the most part, people are dumb, myopic, easily controlled creatures who will give all for “God and Country.” People look to their governments as father figures, but they are more akin to the father that rapes you, and then collects money from you and gives you back a portion to pay for your medical expenses, but then taxes you for said medical expenses. Nationalism is THE GAME on planet Earth at the moment; it is how entire populations are controlled.

As long as you can have people thinking of only their nation, and that they are somehow the best, they are yours. (i.e. In Americ they villainize that the Germans were evil and killed millions of Jews, in Germany they villainize the American and say they killed millions of Native Americans – when both acts should instead be seen for the evil that they are.) Nationalism keeps people from seeing the bigger picture; a collective whole known as the human race. We are all genetically linked to one another, biologically linked to our planet, and atomically linked to the cosmos.

For a major government to come out and say that there are other intelligent life would be to release the narrowing cone that darkens the vison of so many. Suddenly people would start thinking ‘larger’, seeing more similarities between them and the dirty people being bombed in the Middle East and so forth. People would start (finally) to think as a human, and not as a nation; it would be a catalyst to a higher level of consciousness, almost like an exponential leap in mental evolution. It would also cause great harm to all of the political interest in our current energy technologies.

I am amazed by how many people will buy whatever they are told by the TV (it is called programming for a reason), or by their government, but when people question this (no matter the qualifications of the people questioning, nor their perceived intelligence, nor even demonstrative facts) they are dismissed as crazy “conspiracy theorist.” Uh, yeah, conspiracies do exists. Rich and powerful people have always ruled over those unwilling to think for themselves. I am reminded when several high ranking military US officials gave a press conference just the other year detailing how “UFOs” were disabling, nuclear weapons sites and had been doing so for years. No one cared. It goes against the ingrained thinking too much, and so the world keeps on spinning on its axis, and people keep pledging allegiance to a flag before they are of age to even know what that means. Do I think Ike met with ETs? How the hell do I know? Do I think it’s possible? Sure. Would it not be disclosed to the general public that watches reality TV and believes in personified gods? Not likely. In the age of the internet you have so much information available to you that you must take responsibility for you what know, and utilize the innate critically thinking faculties of your marvelously evolved mind. Rant over.

The alleged 1954 meeting is interesting in that if it did occur it does go a long to explain a couple of important questions.

I've always felt Spielberg was partly inspired by this for his Close Encounters considering his evident knowledge of UFO folklore.

Ya... Seems he's finally a credible source...

And where's Meus to lend his expertise?

Well there are quotes by more credible people. Former CIA Director Vice Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, in a signed statement to Congress, August 22, 1960 said the following:

"It is time for the truth to be brought out... Behind the scenes high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.... I urge immediate Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about unidentified flying objects."

Every time I read something like this and get a little excited with the idea that there are ET's visiting us, or having visited us, I bring myself back into reality with these couple of thoughts.

You can't trust the "word" of one person, no matter what their credentials and history when it comes to this.

With that said, I don't think it's impossible, or that there are not some legitimate mass sightings or reports, but that we are and have been in contact with them? Total BS in my mind.

They absolutely can.

Amazing, people are simply amazing.

Life being out there is pretty much a statistical given. Governments not telling truths to their people is a statistical given.
The jump from "aliens exist" to "aliens visit earth" is a pretty big one. Given the size of the universe, how likely is it aliens would even find us. Of course it's possible, but since it is such an important event that can change a lot on our planet, I would like absolute proof.

The jump from "aliens exist" to "aliens visit earth" is a pretty big one. Given the size of the universe, how likely is it aliens would even find us. Of course it's possible, but since it is such an important event that can change a lot on our planet, I would like absolute proof.

I never once said that they visitited us. The cosmos is VAST. I simply said to dismiss it as impsossible is not wise.

noah111

Still Alive
This has gotten me interested to find that old video with interview with this weird guy with an accent who was giving all types of specific and detailed info about all this.

Saw it on YT a long time ago, his name was allen or alex or something, and he explained everything with specific dates and stuff, it was fun to watch when I was younger.

Can't find it though, it was a long interview, anyone know what i'm talking about?

I never once said that they visitited us. The cosmos is VAST. I simply said to dismiss it as impsossible is not wise.
I don't think anyone on GAF is saying "aliens don't exist and we are alone in the universe." But this guy claims there are alien bases underwater and in South-America, so until he proofs that, he shouldn't complain if people don't take him seriously.

If they were in contact with the governments. Why didnt they share their technology with us? Why did the US stop the current space plans? Did they refuse to meet Obama?

I would like to see a thread where we theorize what all would change if Alien life was proven to undeniably visit earth. Literally landed in the front yard of the whitehouse and said, "We come in peace."

ced

No one who posses critical thinking skills and a mind that is grounded in reality would say it's impossible. Life has to be out there.

That same person though can't say that we have been visited by them, or even more out there, that our world leaders have met with them. We need better than he said she said BS, I don't care who it comes from. To be honest, even if a president came out after office and stated it, I wouldn't believe them, humans can't be trusted with stories like these.

I do find the events surrounding the 40's - 50's mass sightings and events around NM (not Roswell) with nuclear weapon development and testing to be interesting though. What's more likely though, that ET's were babysitting our nuclear weapon efforts or that Russia has some fancy spy methods?

Mully

Yeah this.

I always get excited for a few seconds when I see these things. It's really fascinating to think about the subject until reality comes back into play. Sure the government can be very secretive, but when you put it into perspective, you start to realize that the amount of people that supposedly are keeping this secret seems to be in the tens of thousands, if not more. It's nearly impossible to keep a secret like that away from the mainstream media. The only outlets that produce these stories are tabloids and just plain bullshit conspiracy websites.

I don't think presidents have met with ambassadors or that there are bases. I do think that they've had made a few pit stops and the government has covered those up due to their sensitive nature, but I don't think they know more than what has been speculated. Conspiracy theorists and ignorant people need to realize that the game of telelphone happens everywhere and to not take everything at face value.

akira28

Very few people know the details of the atomic weapons program and it took many thousands of people and like a billion in 1940 dollars to accomplish. We know now because things have been declassified and allowed to be made public. But secrets can be kept. Especially when most participants are kept in the dark and just told to do a particular job. And then you have people who come forward to say they have seen evidence of things, but without proof, who would believe them?

edit:
vv don't forget Cancer-man. He was a sci-fi writer as well. They sort of went wrong with the whole messiah child thing, but by then I had stopped watching. But for a while, it was the best show on television.

noah111

Still Alive
If they were in contact with the governments. Why didnt they share their technology with us? Why did the US stop the current space plans? Did they refuse to meet Obama?
This is how it supposedly went down as far as I remember from watching videos on this shit when I was younger;

The 'greys' made contact with the US in the 60s (after the Nazis turned them down)
An agreement was made that they would share their technology and in return the US would allow them to study humans. A deal was made by basically hanging technological carrot in front of US.
A single 'craft' was given to the US, with on explanation as to how it even works.
Greys then proceeded to abduct humans and experiment on them as part of this 'deal'.
Attempts to clarify between the parties went unsuccessful.
Haven't heard from them since, and they are believed to still be abducting and experimenting on humans in order to save their dying species.
Something about the moon being off limits, I forget.

Something like that, is how I read it. We need a top tier science fiction tv show with this kind of stuff as the main plot line, it's entertaining as hell.

Mully

This is how it supposedly went down as far as I remember from watching videos on this shit when I was younger;

The 'greys' made contact with the US in the 60s (after the Nazis turned them down)
An agreement was made that they would share their technology and in return the US would allow them to study humans. A deal was made by basically hanging technological carrot in front of US.
A single 'craft' was given to the US, with on explanation as to how it even works.
Greys then proceeded to abduct humans and experiment on them as part of this 'deal'.
Attempts to clarify between the parties went unsuccessful.
Haven't heard from them since, and they are believed to still be abducting and experimenting on humans in order to save their dying species.
Something about the moon being off limits, I forget.

Something like that, is how I read it. We need a top tier science fiction tv show with this kind of stuff as the main plot line, it's entertaining as hell.

I am watching X-Files right now and half of this stuff just came up in about 3 minutes.

Mully

XCOM is a training simulator meant to prepare us for the coming alien invasion war.

2012 is for us to prepare for the impending neutrinos that will kill us all. Knowing is for us to prepare for the apocalyptic solar flare. Battle Los Angeles is for the impending alien invasion.

JaseMath

They absolutely can.

Yup. ETs, UFOs, and other "taboo" subjects are often seen as just that - taboo. So when legitimate people do come forward, they're generally brushed aside as crazy, paranoid, etc. Once an idea is promoted negatively by every available media outlet, it tends to stick for a long time. Look at Reefer Madness...

Mully

Yup. ETs, UFOs, and other "taboo" subjects are often seen as just that - taboo. So when legitimate people do come forward, they're generally brushed aside as crazy, paranoid, etc. Once an idea is promoted negatively by every available media outlet, it tends to stick for a long time. Look at Reefer Madness...

The thing is UFOs really have no tangible evidence. Sure many people like myself believe that we have been visited to a small extent, but there's no proof that it actually happened. Until there is more than "sightings", "abductions", and hardcore beliefs it will continue to have a negative connotation.

KHarvey16

Very few people know the details of the atomic weapons program and it took many thousands of people and like a billion in 1940 dollars to accomplish. We know now because things have been declassified and allowed to be made public. But secrets can be kept. Especially when most participants are kept in the dark and just told to do a particular job. And then you have people who come forward to say they have seen evidence of things, but without proof, who would believe them?

edit:
vv don't forget Cancer-man. He was a sci-fi writer as well. They sort of went wrong with the whole messiah child thing, but by then I had stopped watching. But for a while, it was the best show on television.

That secret only needed to be kept for 3 years and during a world war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom