• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Producer Simon Kinberg wants a brighter Fantastic Four (2015) sequel, same cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojgat

giphy.gif

This.

Please stop.

With the rest of the world already concluding that the rights will revert back to Marvel, Fox has to reaffirm their rights, however weak their case may be. Hopefully.

There's zero chance another Fox F4 movie will be a success for them. Not with Simon Kinberg in charge once again, and especially not with Fox's cheapskate ways.

Slayven

It is shocking how Fox has fucked up the FF, it really should be a no brainer. A family on grand adventures, hell they had the perfect guy to play doom in the first 2.

THe only thing you need is a good budget and someone that gives a shit

HarryKS

Was rewatching it yesterday on Netflix. What a catastrophe it is.

Josh Trank must feel quite unhappy when his name appears in big bold letters at the end.

Apt101

They did have a fantastic cast, I agree. But that movie was so horrible I'm not sure they can wash the stink off of it. They would face more of an uphill battle than WB is with Justice League.

Oppo

they should leave it alone. it's an old and frankly dumb concept.

Super friends with lame powers and 4s in their chests. it's just dumb. let it die.

maybe if they have it to some really creative person and they put a hell of a spin on it. Edgar Wright or someone.

Slayven

Was rewatching it yesterday on Netflix. What a catastrophe it is.

Josh Trank must feel quite unhappy when his name appears in big bold letters at the end.
By all accounts he was the biggest problem
they should leave it alone. it's an old and frankly dumb concept.

Super friends with lame powers and 4s in their chests. it's just dumb. let it die.

maybe if they have it to some really creative person and they put a hell of a spin on it. Edgar Wright or someone.

2016 and people still doing this?

Give it to whomever made Deadpool, at least they read comic books and care about fun.

And no, you can't use the same cast, you fucked that up already by throwing these great actors into a dumpster fire.

By all accounts he was the biggest problem

Groot, Rocket, Black Panther, Ant Man, Deadpool, Dr Strange, and the time travel goofiness of DOFP, and we still got people whining that one of the oldest stories in comics and one of the best villains are too hard to adapt.

Fucking try.

Since the rights aren't going to revert can't marvel just make up new characters that are like doom and reed richards except for name?

jett

D-Member
He's just being diplomatic. The actors would have to be crazy to come back to a sequel of this shit.

Oppo

I guess so? I've never liked F4 at all. even as a kid.

I get the argument around other stuff like Guardians and would be happily proven wrong. but it's just so flimsy as a concept.

nothing wrong with the cast really. they can be salvaged pretty easily.

are they signed on for sequels though? I imagine they never want to do this again lmao.

i didn't see the film, how did they explain the human torch and invisible woman? was one of them adopted?

Slayven

I guess so? I've never liked F4 at all. even as a kid.

I get the argument around other stuff like Guardians and would be happily proven wrong. but it's just so flimsy as a concept.
No more flimsy then a rich guy dressing as a bat, or an alien getting super strong from the sun or a magical warrior from an island paradise spreading love and peace

People with short memories forgetting how many awful comic book films the 90s had.

We have been spoiled the last few years, that is for damn sure

Seriously, how would Harry Potter fans react if WB said adapting Voldemort was too hard, so they turned him into an evil politician who occasionally puts on magic shows and hates real Wizards? Or that Hedwig used too much CGI, so they turned his owl into his pet dog and he dies in the first movie? And Neville was just another kid from Harry's neighborhood who lucked into the same school because he just happened to be there when Harry was invited?

This is the state of FF at Fox.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Call Hickman goddamnit

Hickman writing. Back the Brinks truck up to get Clooney and go from there. Problem solved, but that would mean giving it all back to Marvel.

Will Disney just pay the ransom money already?

Even though the cast probably wasn't the problem with that movie you're going to have a hard time selling the same people with the same property when the last time those people were involved it ended up as a shitshow.

This is completely the wrong reasoning. This is almost as clueless as the execs behind the actual movie. Almost.

They need to make quality over quantity, I am not advocating no more superhero movies, just that they reign them in in a bit and ensure the source material is handled with respect and that the resulting production is taken seriously. Also genre fatigue is a very real thing and we are seeing it in effect.

Instead the studio just start seeing dollar signs and approve cheap cash grabs rather than quality products.

They need to make quality over quantity, I am not advocating no more superhero movies, just that they reign them in in a bit and ensure the source material and resulting production. Also genre fatigue is a very real thing and we are seeing it in effect.

People say this all the time and there is little to no proof to support this claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom