• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

JlNX

The guys from Ms Brazil/Xbox Inside Brazil are at it again:

https://twitter.com/nelsonalvesjr/status/849055550994354176

One of them say: According to Onorato (Brazillian Xboss) XXXXX at 4k 60 fps you make you cry (XXXXX is obviously Forza 7).

And then Oronato replies: XXXXXX is wonderful, but YYYYYY is what really impressed me.

What could the second game be? especially to look better than a 4k locked 60 fps racer. If they did see this second game (I'm guessing it's one we already know of) do you think we might also see it alongside Forza 7, if not footage but described by digital foundry.

They're doing the single player portion for some other studios upcoming multiplayer game. In addition to that they have an unnanounced game in the works and we don't know what it is, but I would assume it's heavily story focused
Well, that's reassuring to hear. The last thing I had read up on about them was about shifting to multiplayer.

Strootman

That rumor that appeared right before E3 right? I forgot what the name of the new Ori game would be. I also recall Thomas Mahler from Moon Studios saying "wait till you see what we are working on now." when a poster made a thread with praise for Ori and the Blind Forest. I would be fine with a new Ori or completely different game.

Ori and the will of the wisps.

Hawk269

From what we have all gathered, that the information being provided hopefully later this week is primarily/majority going to be about hardware. I would suggest we keep this in mind as the last few pages have been people arguing about software...and of course software is very important, the upcoming info is about hardware. I think the E3 threads will be where we should focus on talking about software....I think we need to try to stay focused on this thread being about hardware.

Regardless of what is revealed as far as hardware, I don't think bringing up software after this hardware reveal would be productive for the thread that is about hardware. This should be a hardware thread and if people are bringing up software variety, SP Narrative games etc. when the focus should be on the hardware specs that we are tentatively going to hear about it is just going to derail the thread even further.

We need cboat

It would be something like this, only badly writen:

Onq was right all along. Scorpio is only a 3tf machine and devkits are overheating on top of that. The latest sdk also is so bad it's running games worse than xbone, truthfact.

What could the second game be? especially to look better than a 4k locked 60 fps racer. If they did see this second game (I'm guessing it's one we already know of) do you think we might also see it alongside Forza 7, if not footage but described by digital foundry.

I tried asking, they are probably not going to tell me, but it's worth the shot :p

I really like QB a lot, but banking on that title to become a franchise to carry the single player banner wouldn't be a viable and sustainable idea.

You don't bank on just that. It's suppose to be one of many games that you greenlight, but you don't ditch Quantum Break. I repeat. You do not ditch Quantum Break. I will literally go ape shit if I don't get to see how that story continues after the way that game ends. They've got a serious winner on their hands.

quest

Not Banned from OT

It's got to be a first party game. I say it was crackdown 3. Probably the best bet to knock the socks off people.

From what we have all gathered, that the information being provided hopefully later this week is primarily/majority going to be about hardware. I would suggest we keep this in mind as the last few pages have been people arguing about software...and of course software is very important, the upcoming info is about hardware. I think the E3 threads will be where we should focus on talking about software....I think we need to try to stay focused on this thread being about hardware.

Regardless of what is revealed as far as hardware, I don't think bringing up software after this hardware reveal would be productive for the thread that is about hardware. This should be a hardware thread and if people are bringing up software variety, SP Narrative games etc. when the focus should be on the hardware specs that we are tentatively going to hear about it is just going to derail the thread even further.

Well said! This is the hard on for hardware thread. :p

blakep267

Probably Crackdown.

jbug617

Banned

could be Mordor.

EvB

It's got to be a first party game. I say it was crackdown 3. Probably the best bet to knock the socks of people.

Yeah, expailly if they announce that the campaign missions mode has the same level of destruction as the cloud based mode when played on Scorpio

Ori and the will of the wisps.

Wonder if Ori will be all grown up this time around...

PuSTI9R.jpg

*From the EDGE making of story on Ori published a couple months back. It's a pretty interesting article for anyone interested.

Whew! 4k with HDR Ryse 2... that would be mind-blowing for sure. Ryse STILL holds up to this day as one of the better looking games this gen. It was a fucking launch title too! Crytek knows their graphics for sure. Too bad they wouldn't sell Ryse to MS. :/

With all of their financial problems, I can't believe they haven't sold it. MS could buy what remains of Crytek with ease. I really want Ryse 2 lol.

JlNX

Probably Crackdown.

Really? Crackdown still has to have that defining art style, that art style doesn't make me think amazing graphics. Don't get me wrong 4k texture, super high IQ crackdown especially with it being open world with all the destruction would look super impressive but not better than a scorpio Forza build.

I bet Sea of Thieves. It already had a beautiful aesthetic and art style. I bet it could be a looker with 4k assets.

JESUS THIS GETS ME STILL. I WANT A DAMN SEQUEL!

Part of me, even though I know it's not going to happen, still hopes P7 from Remedy has a chance of being a sequel to Quantum Break. Remedy did only rule out P7 as not being Alan Wake 2 but wouldn't say the same for any of the other IPs they worked on. One might hope P7 is early enough that it could get picked up as Quantum 2 if the stars align.

Dare to dream.

Microsoft has a major game it hasn't announced yet, so maybe it could be one of those.

Part of me, even though I know it's not going to happen, still hopes P7 from Remedy has a chance of being a sequel to Quantum Break. Remedy did only rule out P7 as not being Alan Wake 2 but wouldn't say the same for any of the other IPs they worked on. One might hope P7 is early enough that it could get picked up as Quantum 2 if the stars align.

Dare to dream.

I pray that's what's going on, and they're being secretive about it, maybe not wanting to announce what they're working on too early.

It's most likely Crackdown 3.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
God damn darn it guys, re' quantum break and Alan wake, the wounds STILL fresh. And it ain't happening. :(

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It would be something like this, only badly writen:

Onq was right all along. Scorpio is only a 3tf machine and devkits are overheating on top of that. The latest sdk also is so bad it's running games worse than xbone, truthfact.

I tried asking, they are probably not going to tell me, but it's worth the shot :p

LMAO. This got a good chuckle.

Oh, I forgot to say, the people from Xbox Brazil also confirmed something on Thursday, and they will talk about it on their inside Xbox channel on Friday.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Oh, I forgot to say, the people from Xbox Brazil also confirmed something on Thursday, and they will talk about it on their inside Xbox channel on Friday.

Great news another source confirming Thursday can't wait. Hope we find out if full Vega and how much custom tech in the GPU.

blakep267

Really? Crackdown still has to have that defining art style, that art style doesn't make me think amazing graphics. Don't get me wrong 4k texture, super high IQ crackdown especially with it being open world with all the destruction would look super impressive but not better than a scorpio Forza build.
Maybe not old Crackdown. New crackdown could look much better graphically

Sooner than I expected, but intriguing. Hardware is all that's necessary atm, given that its release is still a ways out and E3 is the typical software showcase.

Oddly enough, I'm curious how it welk it will function as a UHD player. The S seems like the best out there so far, so hopefully it improves upon that foundation.

Hawk269

Sooner than I expected, but intriguing. Hardware is all that's necessary atm, given that its release is still a ways out and E3 is the typical software showcase.

Oddly enough, I'm curious how it welk it will function as a UHD player. The S seems like the best out there so far, so hopefully it improves upon that foundation.

Yeah, they could add Dolby Vision Support in addition to HDR to it as well, which would be another differential thing about it. I know the current theme is the excitement or depending on who you are the "there is no software", for me it is all about hardware for now and then software at E3.

Things I want to know confirmed/talked about:

Total amount of RAM and what type/speed
Total bandwidth
GPU Total TF Count and what this new GPU can do as far as special functions
CPU Type, Speed etc.
Inputs (HDMI - How many)
Dolby Vision Support along with HDR support
Speed of UHD Drive
HDD Size or Type (SSHD hopefully)

I don't expect price, release date or final form factor from this reveal. I just want a detailed deep dive into the hardware, we are talking pages and pages of information/data to munch over.

Yeah, they could add Dolby Vision Support in addition to HDR to it as well, which would be another differential thing about it. I know the current theme is the excitement or depending on who you are the "there is no software", for me it is all about hardware for now and then software at E3.

I believe a slate of new games are going to utiize dolby vision since it no longer requires specific hardware and can be added to devices via firmware/software.

I think i read it on gaf or the avs forum.

I would love to hear that support for the superior hdr format.

Top Bottom