• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project x Zone 2 English demo to be out in Jan 21st

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Will d/l and play!! 10 or more times though? Dunno about that. Are the bonuses that good?

btw Haven't kept up with the news on this game. Is Bamco still giving the silent treatment regarding a special/limited edition?

Im on it like ugly on an orc!

Loved the first one even if was super repetitive. Just a true fan-service game with some of my favorite characters from childhood up to my adult years of gaming.

fr42yhE.jpg

Pre-order bonus for America. Europe has the same pre-order bonuses.

Will d/l and play!! 10 or more times though? Dunno about that. Are the bonuses that good?

btw Haven't kept up with the news on this game. Is Bamco still giving the silent treatment regarding a special/limited edition?

Here are the rewards for playing the demo:

First time: Kageuchi * Shin Sekai
Second time: all previous rewards + special commemorative badge
Third time: all previous rewards + special wooden sword
Fourth time: all previous rewards + 1000 GOLD
Fifth time: all previous rewards + 1000 GOLD
Sixth time: all previous rewards + 1000 GOLD
Seventh time: all previous rewards + 1000 GOLD
Eighth time: all previous rewards + 30CP
Ninth time: all previous rewards + 30CP
Tenth time: all previous rewards + 30CP

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
In, can't say no to Xeno characters or Fire Emblem ones.

There might not be one. The game did poorly in Japan and they're probably not expecting better sales than the original in the West in 2016, even with Fire Emblem characters.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Pre-order bonus for America. Europe has the same pre-order bonuses.
I'd trade DLC for another soundtrack cd ;_;

Here are the rewards for playing the demo:

First time: Kageuchi * Shin Sekai
Second time: all previous rewards + special commemorative badge
Third time: all previous rewards + special wooden sword
Fourth time: all previous rewards + 1000 GOLD
Fifth time: all previous rewards + 1000 GOLD
Sixth time: all previous rewards + 1000 GOLD
Seventh time: all previous rewards + 1000 GOLD
Eighth time: all previous rewards + 30CP
Ninth time: all previous rewards + 30CP
Tenth time: all previous rewards + 30CP
Gold? Whys there gold? Are there shops in this game?! No idea what CP even is or does but I'll find out when I try the demo. Dun wanna get any more spoilered then I already am!

There might not be one. The game did poorly in Japan and they're probably not expecting better sales than the original in the West in 2016, even with Fire Emblem characters.
But we're largely the reason there even is a PXZ2! Not cool of 'em to stiff us on physical goodies.

Ōkami;191476041 said:
WILL SEGATA BE IN THE DEMO THOUGH

If its the same as the Japanese demo, no.

Pair units:
Reiji & Xiaomu
Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine
Kiryu & Majima
Jin & Kazuya
Dimitri & Morrigan

Support units:
Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey
Heihachi

Is this game as repetitive as the first?

Kinda? It's so easy, I didn't mind it unlike the first game. You also get access to multi-attacks early on for most characters which also helps.

I'd trade DLC for another soundtrack cd ;_;

Gold? Whys there gold? Are there shops in this game?! No idea what CP even is or does but I'll find out when I try the demo. Dun wanna get any more spoilered then I already am!

Yeah, there are shops. CP is for upgrading attack power and unlocking auto-skills.

Also, the soundtrack is soooooo good. Based Yuzo Koshiro.

I loved the first one, even if it was a bit repetitive. Just a super fun game.

I've had the second one pre-ordered ever since I found out it was coming (has to have been more than 6 months ago). Can't wait to play it.

Didn't know about any pre-order bonuses, so that's cool.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
European release date was bumped up slightly to 12/2/2016 by the way. North American date is still the 19th.

I forgot about the pre-order theme. Nice.

But we're largely the reason there even is a PXZ2! Not cool of 'em to stiff us on physical goodies.

It's a bit strange yeah, given that apparently the West is why there's a sequel, yet there's not a special edition for those who want it despite there being so in Japan. Maybe it's something to do with logistics for Bamco or Japan really likes their special editions.

Ilvocare

Yeah, totally DL'ing this and I'll see how many playthroughs I'll end up doing.

rip my hopes of secret SRWOG representation at the last minute :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The only sad thing is that we might have no changes, we didn't get the original sound edition :(

That means no vocals for Segata's Theme.

Dragmire

Been waiting for an eshop sale for the first game. I think it's been in sale for $10 or $15 but I missed it. I hope they put the first one on sale sometime before 2 comes out.

Jhoan

This is one of those cases where the sequel is a lot better than the original. I played about half way through the original game before I deleted it because it dragged on too much and enemies were health sponges. Plus I was turned off by the cringey fanservice boob physics. Looking forward to trying out the demo.

Gold? That's interesting. Looking forward to seeing if the gameplay has been tweaked at all. I enjoyed the first one but even I couldn't slog it out till the end.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
No new Tales characters no buy. Love Ace Attorney and Valkyria 3 but I was annoyed that they put Vesperia characters when it wasn't even the newest Tales.

Bumping this to remind folks the demo goes up today in Europe.

I'm interested to know if they actually add subtitles to the Heihachi and Majima cutscenes since the trailer seemed to have none.

So there's a 2 huh?

...Interesting. I've heard not so good things about the first one.

I found this one a lot better. Also feels shorter despite having the same, or almost the same amount of chapters as the first game. I finished the main game in like, 3 days. Still need to get around to doing the challenge maps.

I find it weird that they're a bit hush-hush on it.

Sending it to die confirmed? :/

Also, makes sense the JP release got special treatment (OGSE, retailer exclusive posters, 3 SE from the respected companies that also included a track selected OST). It's an anniversary title for Namco X Capcom.

Ilvocare

I found this one a lot better. Also feels shorter despite having the same, or almost the same amount of chapters as the first game. I finished the main game in like, 3 days. Still need to get around to doing the challenge maps.

There's challenge maps??? Oh damn.

Getting anxious waiting for the demo to drop over here in the US. If i'm as dumb/crazy as I think I am I might actually end up playing through that demo all 10 times.

Probably not, though. That'd be silly.

STHX

The demo made me remember how much I loved the quirky dialogues in the first game, and I lost it when Xiaomu said in a post battle dialogue "
I like Reiji, but now, it's about justice!
", which is probably one of the most obscure references I saw in this series so far.

Crap did Valkyria Chronicles get snubbed in this one? I don't see any mention of it in character lists I'm pulling up

Yep, VC is out this time.

Top Bottom