• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prometheus (Alien 'prequel' movie) starts shooting March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggum2007

http://filmophilia.com/2011/12/17/i...us-giger-beginning-of-man-and-original-alien/

Part I'm most intrigued by in the recently released Scott interview:

??? I hadn't even considered this. Everyone seems to be excited about the xenomorphs or whatever version of xenomorphs appear in the movie. I can't wait to see what the suitless Space Jockeys look like and the OMFG potential of SJ-incubated xenomorphs!

I think I am going to enjoy the speculation leading up to this film more than the film itself. This concept is just so ripe. The imagination just runs wild.

Ugh there better not be a human in that space jockey.

At the same time I always wondered if the space jockey was some kind of suit thing. Just the way the face and mouth looked, didn't seem like it could...work as a biological being.

JB1981

I'll give you Minority Report and Munich. I've not seen Tintin so I can't comment on that. Lets us not forget that Spielberg also made The Terminal, War of the Worlds, and Indy 4 (which is the equivalent of two shitty movies).

The good Scott films, IMO, are Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven, American Gangster, (and I assume) Prometheus. Of course, he also made Robin Hood, Body of Lies, and Hannibal.

So, it's a wash.
I thought Body of Lies was a 3 star movie. Certainly not bad. I dug it

I just don't believe the Space Jockey is a 'suit' with a human inside. Maybe another creature inside...?

The head looks way too organic (eye sockets, nostrils, jawbone, etc.), not to mention its body is huge.

Space_Jockey__painted__toplit.jpg

Then again, I'm sure the writers could make this thing whatever the fuck they want at this point. :/ I always preferred the mystery of it, however.

Lirlond

The ship itself was very organic in design though. Maybe their technology was all about growing and cultivating plants into the shapes required or something? Who knows at this point!

PandaJones

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't believe the Space Jockey is a 'suit' with a human inside. Maybe another creature inside...?

The head looks way too organic (eye sockets, nostrils, jawbone, etc.), not to mention its body is huge.

Space_Jockey__painted__toplit.jpg

Then again, I'm sure the writers could make this thing whatever the fuck they want at this point. :/ I always preferred the mystery of it, however.

It could be an organic suit like the one the aliens wore in Independence Day

BAM
DraSP.jpg

and then the actual alien inside ...

BOOM
xtKJV.jpg

Tom_Cody

The ship itself was very organic in design though. Maybe their technology was all about growing and cultivating plants into the shapes required or something? Who knows at this point!
I think this is likely. This would also be in keeping with what we know about their role in mankind's history. Also, living sets and space suits would make for some fantastic visuals.

On a separate topic, what is definitively known about the time frame of this relative to the first Alien film? I just googled this a bit and it seems that Scott has said contradictory things about it over the course of the movie's development. Do we know anything for sure?

Anteater

Ugh there better not be a human in that space jockey.

At the same time I always wondered if the space jockey was some kind of suit thing. Just the way the face and mouth looked, didn't seem like it could...work as a biological being.

Yea I thought the tube thing from the face that's hooked to the body was part of the suit, but it also does look biological at the same time, at first I thought some parts of it was a giant face hugger :lol

Eh, the Royal Tennenbaums and No Country are the only two "Oscar" worthy films in the past decade from Anderson and the Coen Brothers.

EDIT-Had no idea Ridley Scott directed Matchstick Men. Movie was AMAZING.
It's not about who puts out Oscar worthy movies. It's about who put out the better films. Anderson made three great films and what's probably the best Animated film in Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
your empty apologies mean nothing to us Solo.
NOTHING.

edit:
ah you fixed your post...

apology accepted

Mlatador

Banned
There is so much potential in the Alien universe, I really hope that it turns out as good as the first 3 Movies.

The franchise has suffered so badly in the last couple of years, it made me really sad.

Thank god it's in the right hands this time with even Giger on board. That in itself is a success, now the movie just has to turn out well.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Solo sentenced to watching the final episode of Lost for eternity, before each viewing his knowledge of the ending is wiped from his mind so he can experience it anew.

I hope its scary. Lord knows its been a while since I've been truly scared. Besides the trailers I will go on serious blackout regarding the film. Nothing worse than ruining the surprise for a film like this.

VerTiGo

Banned
Why are we still saying this is an Aliens' movie? That doesn't seem to be the case. I like the Alien movies as much as the next 80s born twenty-something but I am hoping it has nothing to do with Alien. RS is right, Aliens has been butchered. Fuck it.

Why are we still saying this is an Aliens' movie? That doesn't seem to be the case. I like the Alien movies as much as the next 80s born twenty-something but I am hoping it has nothing to do with Alien. RS is right, Aliens has been butchered. Fuck it.

Because everyone here knows that these PR guys always lie.

VerTiGo

Banned
Because everyone here knows that these PR guys always lie.

Yeah, okay... so GAF is basically just making up its own Alien prequel. I'm hoping it's not an Alien movie and just another awesome Sci Fi movie from RS.

I feel like I am reading a thread about finding the Triforce in Ocarina of Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom