• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ August: Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
How long is JC3? Can I just blow thru the story in 10 hours or does it force me to do a bunch of open-world bloat?

Been playing a lot of open-world games recently and don't know if I can hack another long one right now.

jdstorm

Banned
How long is JC3? Can I just blow thru the story in 10 hours or does it force me to do a bunch of open-world bloat?

Been playing a lot of open-world games recently and don't know if I can hack another long one right now.

Havent played JC3 yet but Just Cause 2 is open world bloat the game.

While I'm having those annoying log in issues, I'm [not] surprisingly okay with the frame rate so far. I have done destruction challenges in helicopters with no noticeable slowdown, and I've easily done speed challenges like 5 gear wingsuit challenges without issue.

I'm sure I'll see slowdown eventually, but... so far? Game is very playable.

Also - I signed off from PSN completely after the second connection issue, that seemed to help fix the issue [at least the check].

Yep gaf is exaggerating to a nauseating degree... I've yet to experience slow down

Soar

No slow downs in JC3 , but have not gone to max explosion density. However the shooting is horrid and consequently it's deleted :(.

Is it me or does this game has a pretty bad input lag? Specially noticable on the tank weapon in the first mission.

Framerate, ok f'it, but there is nothing worse as input lag in games, I don't know if I can play it with it.

I loved black flag back in the day , but I really have forgotten how janky it must be based on freedom cry

- clunky tutorials
- clunky running and climbing
- terrible tail missions
- terrible listen to conversation missions

Not sure if I can continue with freedom cry because of it

Just cause 3 despite some slowdowns I really enjoyed on release , I have a lot of fun just wing suiting everywhere and I didn't find the aiming that bad , kind of needs an auto aim for the tethers etc

Look forward to jumping back in and blowing up everything

mclem

I loved blxk flag back in the day , but I really have forgotten how janky it must be based on freedom cry

I recently played Tyranny of King Washington, immediately after playing Breath of the Wild. I don't mind jank, but I was still pretty shocked at the sheer scale of it compared to what I remembered from when I last played AC (Which would have been BF back in 2013)

Still enjoyed it, mind, but it was a shock to the system!

Crumpo

I loved black flag back in the day , but I really have forgotten how janky it must be based on freedom cry

- clunky tutorials
- terrible tail missions

Just ignore those missions and go blow up fortresses/take on convoys. Naval combat AC is best AC.

Either way, the main missions are pretty short in freedom cry.

VLiberty

Super Motherload is a nice surprise, glad it had a PS4 version as I'd have likely never got the chance to try it on ps3

I need to spend more time with my PS3 lol

Pay money for purchasing a digital file I can't get access without the 60$ per year bribe to Sony? no thanks.

Lol you are hilarious.

Pay for netflix to access a stream which I cant get access to for 120 euros a year? No thanks.

See how that works? Its a terrible argument.

Crumpo

Pay money for purchasing a digital file I can't get access without the 60$ per year bribe to Sony? no thanks.

Ha, I just spotted your tin hat nonsense in the EU sales thread and wondered if it was the same user.

Your contributions are as valued as people yelling at cars driving by.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Just started JC3 after the 4.73 update and the thing won't connect to the Square Enix servers. PSN and the Store working fine.

G-Bus

Banned
Totally would have missed super motherload if it weren't for a friend telling me about it. I had to type most of the title into the search before it even showed up in the list. What's up with that? It's like Sony is trying to hide free games from me.

Hadn't heard of the game before and I couldn't stop playing last night. Love when games do that.

Setmeni

Dude this game is unplayable! I had to wait 5 minutes to even start Just Cause 3 because the servers are down or that's what it told me and now I've been on a black loading screen after the first mission for like 10 minutes now. I am so glad I didn't pay for this, though the first mission was super fun.

Stop It

Dude this game is unplayable! I had to wait 5 minutes to even start Just Cause 3 because the servers are down or that's what it told me and now I've been on a black loading screen after the first mission for like 10 minutes now. I am so glad I didn't pay for this, though the first mission was super fun.
Are you me?

Because you've just described my exact experience. I am currently looking at a black loading screen.

Setmeni

Are you me?

Because you've just described my exact experience. I am currently looking at a black loading screen.

A small development has occurred, I now have a white Omni Tool on the right hand corner but otherwise still a black screen. I excepted a lot more from Square Enix...

Stop It

A small development has occurred, I now have a white Omni Tool on the right hand corner but otherwise still a black screen. I excepted a lot more from Square Enix...
Why do I suspect the new firmware has broken the game a bit?

Anyone else want to try JC3 to see if it's just us? I got the spinning logo thing too. Going to reboot my PS4 and try again.

Why do I suspect the new firmware has broken the game a bit?

Anyone else want to try JC3 to see if it's just us? I got the spinning logo thing too. Going to reboot my PS4 and try again.

I just booted up JC3 on my Pro 4.73 and it won't let me connect to servers, but I can play the game without issues.

Stop It

Gah! Just tried Super Motherload and the game crashed while trying to exit the pause menu.

This is after restarting JC3 and the game kicking me back to the start.

Today is not my day.

Edit: Thanks for checking JC3 for me, at least I won't keep retrying thinking it's my connection or PS4 at fault. No idea why the game froze on loading though.

it's really stupid that the PS4 store still doesn't show the cross buy titles anywhere and you have to go to the webstore or manually search them to see which other titles are free...

RedAssedApe

Banned

- clunky tutorials
- terrible tail missions

Never got the love for ac4 especially in contrast to the hate the series has gotten since. The actual game mechanics (outside of the standout ship stuff missing in later games) has gotten better. Especially stealth mechanics.

Alucrid

Banned

- clunky tutorials
- terrible tail missions

yeah. it actually put me off of buying the new ac

BigEmil

Just Cause 3 the biggest filesize game given through PS+ yet it being 50gb+ and millions will be downloading that for free so maybe this is the reason for a price hike

Sugarmonkey

Just loaded up JC3 and it runs like dogshit on my slim. Luckily I have it on steam, but I prefer the controller. It's terrible that it stills runs so poorly for so many this long after :(

I forgot the single most annoying thing about just cause 3 , that stupid square enix login shit. I seriously think it's a huge cause of the slowdown and terrible loading , your playing then BAM a big cannot connect error pops up interrupting your game . Even when you go offline it must auto reconnect and some point because not long after you will get an error message again.

THE worst decision they ever made .

HardRojo

Getting an "Access Denied" message when I try to enter the Store from my PC. WTF!? I'm on Chrome. Gonna try on PS devices.

autoduelist

Sweet, now more people can be super disappointed by JC3.

Yeah all those videos must be fake.

No slow down so far? Whut. Either your eyes are bad or you are playing on a magical pro.

People claiming no slowdown are just not seeing it.

Well, I mean, why the hell would I care about it if i am "just not seeing it".

I've put hours into it at this point.... taking over huge bases that have constant air strikes raining down on my head, I've done helicopter assaults shooting missiles as fast as I can, and generally raining down destruction on my enemies...

and I think I noticed a bit of slowdown once. Once. Who cares? Plenty of others seem to also find no real issue playing.

It's almost as if, as many have stated in various FPS threads... not everyone cares as much about some frame drops as others do.

No slow downs in JC3 , but have not gone to max explosion density. However the shooting is horrid and consequently it's deleted :(.

The shooting is... odd. For sure. I'm used to it now, but something is really strange with it. That said, I love base attack games and now that I'm pretty deep into enemy territory I like how difficult they can be... hacking SAMs then grappling to a tank and destroying shit, only to grapple to a heli and finishing the job is fun.

It's not as good as I wanted JC3 to be [in that JC2 nostalgia sort of way] but overall I'm having a blast. I'd have been fine paying $10 for this.... glad I paid 0. great game for me on ps+.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Just Cause 3....holy shit this version of the game is craptastic was NOT expected that....Haven't had all these issues since the early PS3 days....PC or bust

Top Bottom