• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For December (Kings Quest, Gauntlet, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, SSX)

LakeEarth

Oops, today is PS+ day and I forgot and set my PS4 to full off. One of my fav things to do is get the DL going from work and coming home to all the games waiting for me.
And then never play most of them.

Arttemis

King's Quest being just the first episode is disappointing. And apparently PS+ subscribers will miss out on the "epilogue" since that's exclusive to the "complete season pass" which can't be purchased once you have 'buy' the first episode.

I absolutely hate the way PS+ administers games. I can't believe Sony doesn't differentiate the 'rental' from an actual purchase, and the system is actually preventing people from purchasing the games they get via PS+!! It's stupidity all around.

If this is true about KQ's complete season pass, then they've reached all new levels of fucking stupid. They seriously need to change how PS+ game licenses work.

MarionCB

I absolutely hate the way PS+ administers games. I can't believe Sony doesn't differentiate the 'rental' from an actual purchase, and the system is actually preventing people from purchasing the games they get via PS+!! It's stupidity all around.

If this is true about KQ's complete season pass, then they've reached all new levels of fucking stupid. They seriously need to change how PS+ game licenses work.

I totally agree, and it's why if I end up liking King's Quest Ep 1, I'll buy it all on PC and not on Playstation; I assume that's what Sony wants.

cyba89

Wow. The tiny text in Gauntlet is ridiculous. Puts me off from the game instantly.

And I also don't have much motivation to play an episodic game where I own only one episode.

DarkTom

Such a disappointing month for me on PS4. Still I've got The Walking Dead season 2 to play through. Slightly off topic, but would I be ruining the experience starting with season 2 if I do like it and decide to go back and play season 1?

It's better to play season one first because there are some returning characters in season two and some characters ask you questions about events of season one.

But I did play the season two without having played the first one and I enjoyed it, it's definitely playable.

Massa

You would have the same problem with KQ if you had bought episode 1 instead of a "rental". The problem is how the game works not with Plus.

It couldn't possibly be easier to upgrade the storage. What's causing you issues?
I think he means like with xbox or wiiu you just slap on a usb drive and dont need to backup and transfer like ps4 onto a larger drive

I can't Tell you how much bandwidth it's used having to do 2 downloads on 2 ps4 systems I love being able to copy to usb to system on the xbox one. Such a handy feature I really wish sony had

thenexus6

Why not? You can buy all 5 on the store. I feel like this is giving away 1 part of a game which is dumb

Because this is how they want it to go down:

"Hey free King's Quest game. Wow that was fun, oh look chapter two is out next week i'll buy that now"

StereoVsn

But it's actually pretty easy...

Yeah, it's very simple and if you have an external HD for backup you don't even need to redownload anything (grab latest firmware and put on flash).

Edit: Newegg had PC full collection for $10 on Black Friday so yeah just one episode is very meh.

pr0cs

I think he means like with xbox or wiiu you just slap on a usb drive and dont need to backup and transfer like ps4 onto a larger drive

I can't Tell you how much bandwidth it's used having to do 2 downloads on 2 ps4 systems I love being able to copy to usb to system on the xbox one. Such a handy feature I really wish sony had
Exactly, having to redownload everything is a royal pain , the process is far from easy/trivial.

Thrash month.

I think my sub expires in February. If this keeps up I'm gonna let it lapse and resub once something gets on the service that I actually want to play.

Suzzopher

As an old school Gauntlet fan, Gauntlet Slayer Edition is exactly what I want. Loving it so far. Will be great to play some local co-op with my kids.

xrnzaaas

I'm pretty sure they'll release the epilogue as a standalone at some point. For an extra price, of course. :)

FDC1

It seems to me you can still buy the full season + epilogue after you have downloaded the first episode via PS+

Joeku

Alright, like 3 hours into Freedom Wars. I'm looking forward to playing online but am having trouble getting used to using the thorn effectively.

Footos22

Kings quest chapter 1? Are they seriously giving us a demo? That's kinda bullshit.

An £8 Demo.
The season pass will work out the same price as the other 4 episodes together.
All the epissodes will be discounted when the games finished in 2017 anyway

Ludens

Banned
I want something like "Choose between Invizimals: Shadow Zone, Invizimals: The Lost Tribes or Invizimals: The Alliance", it would be great see the backlash (and also the winner).

Nullabe

Very disappointed by the selection for PS4. I got the Ps+ in september and i'm not really happy with it (except for multiplayer).

I only downloaded Super Meat Boy, a game i have already finished on PC 2 years ago.
I look the game they purposed this year, very poor selection.

Az987

all good things

Don't worry. It just won't let you buy the season pass now, not the complete game. Which makes no sense at all because the season pass doesn't include chapter 1 according to the description lol.

Ludens

Banned
Don't worry. It just won't let you buy the season pass now, not the complete game. Which makes no sense at all because the season pass doesn't include chapter 1 according to the description lol.

You CAN buy the Complete Collection, but there is NO discount: so by purchasing it, you basically wasted King's Quest PS Plus slot.
If you purchase the season pass to spare money, you WON'T get the epilogue, Sierra itself confirmed it.

So, recap:

-you like the game? If no, no damage done.
-if yes: go buy Season Pass (but you will lose the epilogue), go buy the Complete Collection (full price, you wasted a Plus slot)

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post. But here (Italy) I have the option to purchase both the season pass and CC.

autoduelist

It would add a lot of complexity to the store interface that would only serve to allow people who can already play the game for free to buy a game. Only a relatively small percentage of people want to do that, and then only when it goes on sale for a steep discount. So, to allow people to buy games they can already play for free when it goes on steep discount, they'd need to spend resources to add such functionality to the store, and actually may cause problems for others if they get confused as to why there is a 'buy' button right next to a 'download' button. Having a single button that toggles between 'buy' and 'download' is the cleanest interface, which generally means the best storefront interface, even if it means you can't buy a game on sale.

Can anyone tell me roughly how long King's Quest should take to complete? I'm just finishing up The Wolf Among Us and then I might give KQ a whirl after if it's not too long. 90 minutes ish would be idea for me.

Out of disk space.
Wish it wasn't such a pain to expand the console storage on ps4

I'm having to juggle memory space as well too. Had to delete TLoU:R the other day, so when I fancy playing that again it'll be a 40GB download. Trouble is, I have PT on my current HDD and I'm loathe to swap it for something bigger.

You mean like SSX?

SSX on PS3 did not have trophies? Didn't it only come out a few years ago?!

Top Bottom