• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For December (Kings Quest, Gauntlet, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, SSX)

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Dammit, I really want to play Blood Dragon but I only have a PS4. Ain't that some shit.

shmoglish

Is Kings Quest more adventure (like don`t know, Broken Age or Grim Fandango) or more like the telltales? Played Kings Quest 8 (?) many years ago, but can`t remember how it was.

Upinsmoke

Will probably pick up SSX. Really says something about this part of the plus service when I'm picking up a game on a console that's almost at the end of its life.

Where are all the decent ps4 titles?

Sciz

Is Kings Quest more adventure (like don`t know, Broken Age or Grim Fandango) or more like the telltales? Played Kings Quest 8 (?) many years ago, but can`t remember how it was.

The classic KQ games were an evolution of text adventures, and then became point and click adventures later on. KQ8 is a weird action-adventure aberration that killed the series and everyone tries to forget it happened.

This one is more of a pre-TWD Telltale style point and click; you've got the freedom to move around the world at will and there are actual puzzles to solve, but they never get too complex or obtuse.

shmoglish

The classic KQ games were an evolution of text adventures, and then became point and click adventures later on. KQ8 is a weird action-adventure aberration that killed the series and everyone tries to forget it happened.

This one is more of a pre-TWD Telltale style point and click; you've got the freedom to move around the world at will and there are actual puzzles to solve, but they never get too complex or obtuse.

Yeah, never heard good things about KQ8 (never played much of it).

Few puzzles sounds good. Really looking forward to this game. And you say the story in each episode (so far) is complete?

Thanks for your answer.

King's Quest being just the first episode is disappointing. And apparently PS+ subscribers will miss out on the "epilogue" since that's exclusive to the "complete season pass" which can't be purchased once you have 'buy' the first episode.

Blood Dragon is cool, I'm guessing it's in anticipation for Primal.

Apparently no split-screen for SSX which is probably the only reason I would have played it.

Heard good things about Freedom Wars.

Not sure about the Gauntlet.

Hoped Rocketbirds is cross-buy so I can play co-op on PS3 but alas its not.

Hopefully this will help boost sales of upcoming KQ episodes. First one was great and deserves more attention.

Only the first episode of KQ?

That's unfortunate.

It's the meatiest adventure game episode I've played.

Also, I fully expect the epilogue to become available for purchase to everyone at some point.

Ludens

Banned
King's Quest being just the first episode is disappointing. And apparently PS+ subscribers will miss out on the "epilogue" since that's exclusive to the "complete season pass" which can't be purchased once you have 'buy' the first episode.

Really? This is way too crappy :|

I was initially a bit annoyed I already bought KQ, and so recently too, but then I remembered that game is an absolute joy and I'm very happy to have given them money for it. Disappointing to see it on PS+ so soon though - probably indicates sales weren't so hot. I hope a lot of people give it a try, it's fun and charming through and through.

xrnzaaas

I was initially a bit annoyed I already bought KQ, and so recently too, but then I remembered that game is an absolute joy and I'm very happy to have given them money for it. Disappointing to see it on PS+ so soon though - probably indicates sales weren't so hot. I hope a lot of people give it a try, it's fun and charming through and through.

I'm not that surprised since KQ series is not known to younger players and the complete season was way more expensive than other episodic games released in the recent years (Telltale's games, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Life is Strange etc.).

Also it sucks about the epilogue. Kinda ruined my plans of buying an ep2-5 season pass sometime in the future.

Jhn

Jesus, the PS4 offering is getting worse by the month. Glad I have a vita I guess, otherwise the value would be really shitty.

Weakest PS4 month for me so far. But I'll give King's Quest a go down the line.

I'm not a fan of the big recent focus on co-op games. I don't have any friends so they do nothing for me.

Sakujou

Banned
lol, just bought freedom wars last week for a tenner.
I'm not that surprised since KQ series is not known to younger players and the complete season was way more expensive than other episodic games released in the recent years (Telltale's games, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Life is Strange etc.).

Also it sucks about the epilogue. Kinda ruined my plans of buying an ep2-5 season pass sometime in the future.

lol, iam nearly 30, i know the name, but i never played it. my friends brother played it on a computer. just checked wikipedia and the last two games were released 1994 and 1998. dude.

Okay, this sucks. I might just pass on it and buy the complete edition now/when it's on offer, or wait for the inevitible physical disc.

CHC

Honestly I might cancel and just buy month-by-month when games I want come out, just for multiplayer. My budget is extremely tight and there hasn't been a Plus game that excited me for MANY months. I've been waiting for Killzone for an eternity, and I could have bought it quite a few times over with my PS Plus money.....

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Not a terrible month for me, but I'm not super picky since I just pay for the MP and rarely get around to PS+ games anyway given my backlog of AAA stuff.

Gauntlet could be fun with friends, Kings Quest looks mildly interesting, and I've wanted to check out Freedom Wars on Vita.

Sciz

And you say the story in each episode (so far) is complete?

The way the series is structured is that an elderly King Graham is telling his granddaughter stories of his past, each one from a different time in his life. So by necessity, each chapter is self contained. There's a little bit of overarching story in the "present day" that does end on a cliffhanger, but unless things change significantly in later episodes, those parts are a very small percentage of the overall run time.

xrnzaaas

lol, iam nearly 30, i know the name, but i never played it. my friends brother played it on a computer. just checked wikipedia and the last two games were released 1994 and 1998. dude.

Nearly 30 is still young. ;) But the age thing isn't the key factor here, it's more of a question what types of games you grew up playing. Me and some of my friends owned an Amiga or a PC back then. We've finished tons of point&click adventures and all of us played at least a few of Sierra's Quest games. :) In my case the sentiment wasn't enough and a large part of that was the high price.

sn00zer

Arguably one of the best adventure games currently out there

But putting out what amounts to be a demo for the PS4 selection is weak. People are never going to forget the glory days of the Plus subscription when Sony wanted to win us over, and doing stuff like this now kind of shows a lack of shame.
image.php

Klart

I can't buy or download Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (PS Vita).

Page says: "Not available for purchase".

When I click "more information" it says I already own it.

I think it's because I already bought it for PS3 (there's another page/link for the Vita game that says I need to pay for the game (I guess at a reduced price because I already bought the PS3-version)).

Anyone else with this problem?

Another wrinkle in the PS+ story.

MI0003387397.jpg

Disappointing games for PS4 for me, same as last month. Oh well, there've been some great months so far this year, I guess I was just hoping for something better for the Christmas season, maybe the Playstation Experience will surprise us with something nice.

Thank goodness for Rocket League, still playing that daily!

I posted something similar to the following in the GWG thread:

As a newbie PS4 owner who previously only had an XBone, I kept hearing from "over the fence" that Plus freebies were much better than GWG.

This is the first month I have access to both and I think GWG is actually better. A new indie, an older AAA and three 360 games playable through BC.

I know this is opinions etc., but I was under the impression Plus would be showering us with triple AAA goodies, the way people were talking.

I posted something similar to the following in the GWG thread:

As a newbie PS4 owner who previously only had an XBone, I kept hearing from "over the fence" that Plus freebies were much better than GWG.

This is the first month I have access to both and I think GWG is actually better. A new indie, an older AAA and two 360 games playable through BC.

I know this is opinions etc., but I was under the impression Plus would be showering us with triple AAA goodies, the way people were talking.

Nope, unless indie games are your thing and you don't have a PC where you have likely already played them all GWG pretty much craps all over ps+ from what I've seen and I've has plus since the ps4 launched gracing us with paid multiplayer lol

MMaRsu

Banned

Blood Dragon is cool, I'm guessing it's in anticipation for Primal.

Apparently no split-screen for SSX which is probably the only reason I would have played it.

Heard good things about Freedom Wars.

Not sure about the Gauntlet.

Hoped Rocketbirds is cross-buy so I can play co-op on PS3 but alas its not.

SSX is a lot of fun to pass the controller after each run tho

MMaRsu

Banned
Nope, unless indie games are your thing and you don't have a PC where you have likely already played them all GWG pretty much craps all over ps+ from what I've seen and I've has plus since the ps4 launched gracing us with paid multiplayer lol

Indie games isnt a genre and ps+ games have been great. a lot of fun titles

Indie games isnt a genre and ps+ games have been great. a lot of fun titles

Lol I don't want to get into the debate there's enough threads on it but anyone with a PC has basically zero need for PS+ offerings unless you own a PS3 and sometimes Vita. Let's just say for some of us we are just paying for multiplayer.

MMaRsu

Banned
People upset over Kings Quest only being the first episode? There is only one chapter out, you really think they'd give away all five?

Why not? You can buy all 5 on the store. I feel like this is giving away 1 part of a game which is dumb

MMaRsu

Banned
Lol I don't want to get into the debate there's enough threads on it but anyone with a PC has basically zero need for PS+ offerings unless you own a PS3 and sometimes Vita. Let's just say for some of us we are just paying for multiplayer.

Right and not everyone plays games on a pc.

boeso

Such a disappointing month for me on PS4. Still I've got The Walking Dead season 2 to play through. Slightly off topic, but would I be ruining the experience starting with season 2 if I do like it and decide to go back and play season 1?

alexein

telltale gave for free borderlands and game of thrones ep 1 and its not part of ps plus.
So its kind of a shitty move to gave one episode a slot in ps plus.
But good months nonetheless, and i will play king quest and the season pass or a physical release at the end.
Will borderlands get a physical release?

Such a disappointing month for me on PS4. Still I've got The Walking Dead season 2 to play through. Slightly off topic, but would I be ruining the experience starting with season 2 if I do like it and decide to go back and play season 1?

You pretty much gotta go in order. I got season 1 free on xbox one and 2 free on PS4 so at least between the two systems I can play *sigh*

Kinda it starts after the events of s1 so some of the events of s2 won't mean as much

Well...just glad I got in on PS+ early when Sony was desperate to bolster users. My ps3 and vita libraries are amazing and acquired for basically nothing.

Definitely not renewing

Top Bottom