• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For December (Kings Quest, Gauntlet, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, SSX)

And I understand this complaint, I just think the outrage is overblown. I don't remember seeing nearly as much complaining when they gave away Ground Zero or the Infamous standalone expansion and those are both instances where you'd have to buy something else to see the full story.

I totally agree on the outrage, the amount of people who seem to feel that every game should be for them is crazy.
I think this is a kinda odd example since a lot of the backlash seems to be from people who were actually excited when they seen Kings Quest and then disappointed when they realised it's one episode (rather than the standard indie-hatred the ps+ announcement garners).

ZangBa

Horrible. Not renewing my sub this December, rather spend my 50 bucks in F2P mobile game microtransactions than this shit.

Son Of D

I hope the first ps2 emulated game given by PS+ is Devil May Cry 2.

That is just unnecessarily cruel.

Kings Quest episode 2 isn't even out yet. Usually these point and click games give away episode 1 way further down the line. I paid full price when it came out, not sure how I feel about that.

It makes me think that it didn't sell too hot at launch so they're doing this to boost numbers for later episodes. Pretty shitty of them to give episode 1 away shortly after the launch though.

graywolf323

It makes me think that it didn't sell too hot at launch so they're doing this to boost numbers for later episodes. Pretty shitty of them to give episode 1 away shortly after the launch though.

shortly after launch? it released on July 28th, 2015

it'll be on PS+ just over 4 months after launch

JP

Quite happy to be getting Gauntlet, it didn't quite stand up what I was hoping the game would be but despite it's flaws, it was always a game that I was going to be picking up in a sale at some point.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The lack of PS3 bc on PS4 makes it worse than it would potentially be by a long margin, I guess if you have a
Vita the service's not been that bad in the past 6 months, but for the rest of us Sony needs to wake the fuck up.

I understand mine's an odd opinion, it looks even worse for us multiconsoles owners subscribing to both services since GWG have lately started offering many of the same titles as PS+ month in month out.

The opinions will always be skewed like that, it's not just a matter of different tastes:
I mean, for someone who owns all 3 Sony platforms and no other console/pc and still has his PS3 hooked up to the tv I'd be hard pressed in calling this one a bad month, the PS3 offerings especially make it totally worth it.

Doofcake

Yeah okay I was happy with the PS4 games so far but this month really is rubbish. Really bizarre to have a crap lineup for PS4 for the month of Christmas. Even Knack would have been better.

Siegmeyer

SSX was such a great franchise on the PS2 that I can see why lots of people are hype for the PS3 game.

However I bought it a couple of years ago and found it thoroughly disappointing, it comes nowhere near the greatness of the earlier games.

Still, Blood Dragon, King's Question and Freedom Wars make it a pretty solid month for me.

Doofcake

Sony, remove that online fee so you can see how much these games blow.

It's probably the reason why these games blow. Everyone's forced to buy the subscription to play online so they don't try to lure anyone in with games anymore. It sucks for those of us who don't care about online play and subscribe for the games. :/

IrishNinja

damn, Freedom Wars on vita is cool - and is that King's Quest 1 a remake? might be time to get back on plus

oh shit but im missing Walking Dead season 2 then, that sucks

rdytoroll

What a horrible month for PS4 players. This is the time of the year where there a lot of new PS4 players, who then buy PS Plus and they welcome them with this line-up? Embarrassing, just embarrassing from Sony.

grimmiq

Wow, I expected some AAA for December to counter no big exclusives, guess I was wrong. King's Quest seems to get a lot of love from fans so I'll give that a shot, couldn' care less about Gauntlet.

Picked up a Playstation TV this month so I'm looking forward to tryout out Freedom Wars on it.

While far from the worst month, still disappointing.

What a horrible month for PS4 players. This is the time of the year where there a lot of new PS4 players, who then buy PS Plus and they welcome them with this line-up? Embarrassing, just embarrassing from Sony.

This shit right here. I wonder if retailers are a stumbling block this time where they are hesitant to put many boxed retail games on the service for fear of alienating retail?

Seems odd that they would have such a lackluster lineup during a huge month.

Awful PS4 month.

When PS+ was introduced on the PS3 it had like a 5 year backlog of games to siphon from...

The PS4 has literally been out for just over 2 years... and lets be honest, year one was garbage... What are you expecting from the PS4 in terms of options? Have you been waiting for Killzone or something? There isn't much else to offer that hasn't already been offered (from a realistic standpoint)

RedAssedApe

Banned
I expect a negative NPD number for Sony for December once word of this months Plus lineup gets out and millions of distraught and disgusted ps4 purchasers show up to retailers asking for refunds. The second age of Sony is now done.

I expect an apology at psx and a retraction of their 30 million sold through.

hohoXD123

Initially thought this month was gonna suck yet again after reading the thread title. How can you leave out Freedom Wars?! First PS+ title I'll play in ages.

When PS+ was introduced on the PS3 it had like a 5 year backlog of games to siphon from...

The PS4 has literally been out for just over 2 years... and lets be honest, year one was garbage... What are you expecting from the PS4 in terms of options? Have you been waiting for Killzone or something? There isn't much else to offer that hasn't already been offered (from a realistic standpoint)

Hardly an excuse, there are plenty of bargain bin games to choose from, even among Sony exclusives. Just look at the wiki, over 800 titles, even just the ones available on disc there is plenty.

fvng

Glad I got freedom wars for cheap on a recent flash sale so I own a license to the game, also glad I waited on gauntlet. Almost bought it last week

A new king's quest is exciting so I'm not complaining

Purchased Freedom Wars off some PSN sale some months ago but could never get into it.

Nothing really here I am interested n . Hope others get some joy out of the line up.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yep the salt is real! Why oh why did I let a friend talk me into getting Gauntlet? We barely played it and it feels hollow for some reason and we are in fact planning on both of us getting Diablo III for PS4 very soon instead.

Scanna

Will play Blood Dragon and maybe Freedom Wars, nothing relevant on PS4 imo.
Anyways, give a chance to RocketBirds. Soundtrack alone is worth it.

Chrisdk

This must be a joke. Sony needs to stop choosing games that you need to buy extra to get the full story. Stuff like MGS and Infamous LL was one thing, but now with The Walking Dead S2 and KQ episode 1 is just wrong. I already paid for PS+, so at least give us complete games.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's it! I'm letting my PS+ subscription lapse. Arrogant Sony is back and I won't tolerate it for another second!!!!

Until February when SFV comes out.

This must be a joke. Sony needs to stop choosing games that you need to buy extra to get the full story. Stuff like MGS and Infamous LL was one thing, but now with The Walking Dead S2 and KQ episode 1 is just wrong. I already paid for PS+, so at least give us complete games.

It must be a joke because I'm laughing so hard I peed my pants. It should be a law that Sony should be forced to give us the rest of the Kings Quest games and Walking Dead games for free, even the ones that aren't out yet. We should email consumer affairs about these practices to purposely and intently withhold complete narrative game experiences from hard working paying customers.

Omikaru

Already have Freedom Wars (retail), and I think it's pretty good. Having it digitally will be good for moving between Vita and PSTV.

Besides that, I'm pretty excited for King's Quest. I almost bought it on Xbox One the other day on Black Friday sales, but now I will buy the season pass next time it is discounted on PS4.

It must be a joke because I'm laughing so hard I peed my pants. It should be a law that Sony should be forced to give us the rest of the Kings Quest games and Walking Dead games for free, even the ones that aren't out yet. We should email consumer affairs about these practices to purposely and intently withhold complete narrative game experiences from hard working paying customers.

How about Sony give us full games instead of what essentially end up being a demo for full product? I don't think they should give users Kings Quest when it's not even finished; I think they should give us a fully released game instead.

That said, with the shit they usually dole out on PSN+ a sixth of a game that's actually good is better than the standard fare.

AndreH121

Neo Member
While being upset about Sony only releasing "part" of a game is a more than a fair argument at least try it out before passing final judgement. I loved Chapter One and believe it's a lot better than some of the less-than stellar offerings PS Plus have released in the past.

rdytoroll

I really like your line-up of sarcastic posts in here. Keep em coming

How about Sony give us full games instead of what essentially end up being a demo for full product? I don't think they should give users Kings Quest when it's not even finished; I think they should give us a fully released game instead.

Yea, I absolutely agree. The PS4 has a big enough library by now to not give us episodic games.

Bishop89

PS4 sucks
PS3 is great
Vita is great

Overall = great month.

People gonna bitch regardless if we got an AAA for Ps4 or not.

Feels good having all 3 platforms to take full advantage of the service

RedAssedApe

Banned

That said, with the shit they usually dole out on PSN+ a sixth of a game that's actually good is better than the standard fare.

Its not really all on Sony though. There's a point where the cost of acquiring these games for PS+ doesn't make financial sense for Sony or the developer much rather take their chances to see if the standalone games continue to sell and make them more profit than getting a flat fee from Sony.

Paulie_C

Neo Member
Another shit month for Ps4 plus.

Nice bait and switch guys. You convinced us to not complain too much that Plus would be mandatory for online play this gen because of how incredible Ps3 Plus was at that time, only to give us a shit service for over two years now, with only a few exceptions. And it was fine for the first year, I don't expect to get AAA games for free that just came out.

But now this year the only Plus game I've really loved that I didn't already own through some $5 or less Steam sale has been Rocket League. It's been two years, and it is long past time that we should have been regularly getting at least earlier Ps4 retail titles on the Service...

Exactly my feelings on this. In the PS3 era, I couldn't recommend PS Plus enough but now, I'm letting my sub run out in January.

They also pulled another Bait and Switch last year, announcing Injustice and Infamous: First Light around Nov time so even if they pulled out a great selection this month, it wouldn't have been enough to keep me. Even Sony seem to have realised they wouldn't get away with that trick again.

Top Bottom