• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For December (Kings Quest, Gauntlet, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, SSX)

Mastperf

I figured they weren't planning anything like last year since the had already announced Dec. and Jan. by this time last year. I don't mind the Indies but I'd hoped they might go above and beyond the usual for the holidays.

Last month I said it couldn't be worse. Sony outdid themselves on PS4.

I probably would've canceled by now if online was still free. Right now PS+ feels like those lootcrate things. Sure you're getting "free" stuff every month but when it's all crap you don't care about then what's the point?

Ohh hows the newest SSX? is it neutered in its tricks and slopes? I loved SSX tricky.

It's still extreme in that sense. However, here are my dealbreakers:

• No splitscreen
  • No interactive online - essentially, you are unable to collide with other players.
  • No regular races or tricky modes online. Everything is done through "trials" - whoever scores the best time on a track that day wins.
  • There is a Rewind feature that is mandatory if you fall off the track (you won't respawn if you don't, you'll lose the race). Using this function doesn't effect other racers, so you'll lose a LOT of time to the opposition using this feature.

The game was panned for forgetting its multiplayer roots. Personally, I just want an online HD SSX3 race down the entire mountain. That was such a good game.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
What a terrible PS4 lineup. King's Quest would be cool if it was, you know, the full season.

BokehKing

Banned
I'm glad I didn't buy gauntlet now, I will be interested to finally give it a try…

And by give it a try I mean add it to my ps4 library and probably never play it hahaha :(
Hahaha yeah pretty much, I have so many games that are probably awesome but I spend all my time playing the AAA

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Time to dich the PS3 and offer a better value on PS4

Have they ever given a season pass to any adventure game when the only episode even released is the first? I'm just curious why so many people are posting as if they expected that. :p

SSX definitely isnt as amazing as the old games but its a perfectly decent extreme sports game. If you are a fan of those types of games and want something to scratch that itch its great.

Game is bit weird though. You can kind of tell they wanted to make it more grounded and edgy but then once they got a bunch of backlash from the early trailers they went back and reworked stuff to be more lively and arcade-y.

Its a solid 8/10 game.

Would have loved a sequel.

Zemm

I probably would've canceled by now if online was still free. Right now PS+ feels like those lootcrate things. Sure you're getting "free" stuff every month but when it's all crap you don't care about then what's the point?

It's horse shit they charge for online play on PS4 but with these games you can see why they have to.

LogicStep

MtZ9N.gif
I knew it was gonna be that gif before I clicked it. Lol

Bollocks

They should just get rid of those "games" and say it is exclusively for online gaming, that way we wont get disappointed every month, at least until PSN is down again.

Excellent month! Shame I've already got Freedom Wars and Blood Dragon mind, but still an excellent selection, and Kings Quest is one I've been eager to play.

Not feeling King's Quest or Rocketbirds, but the rest of the lineup sounds good. I'll get my monthly payment of $4 out of this lineup no problem. Freedom Wars especially.

Griss

Me, before PS4 launch: "Oh, I don't mind paying for online. PS+ is so good I'd never give up my sub anyway."

Me, now: "Damn, paying for online is BULLSHIT. Fuck, I was played for a fool with this shit."

IvanJ

Banned
They have a freebie for PS Experience right, RIGHT?

Please...

My guess that there will be a surprise freebie. My guess is that it will be Drawn to Death.

I see that its trophy list is out, and nobidy talked about it in ages. So I smell a stealth release next weekend.

Curufinwe

SSX definitely isnt as amazing as the old games but its a perfectly decent extreme sports game. If you are a fan of those types of games and want something to scratch that itch its great.

Game is bit weird though. You can kind of tell they wanted to make it more grounded and edgy but then once they got a bunch of backlash from the early trailers they went back and reworked stuff to be more lively and arcade-y.

Its a solid 8/10 game.

Would have loved a sequel.

I loved SSX enough to platinum it, but there are certain events and courses that are super annoying to play. Fortunately, they are easily skippable.

Now I wish I had gone with the 360 version in 2012 so I could play thru it again on the PS3.

I'm just not interested in the current output. I want something with a big or at least decent scope. I want an open-world game or something with an open-level structure in a 3D environment.

Then buy one. I mean, if you know what you want, just buy it.

nordique

Not a fan of this month either. Two months in a row of 0 interest for me.

But at least Battlefront justifies online play

PS4 only getting 1.2 games this month

It's a $10 game that got good reviews and lasts around 5 hours with some replay value in a genre with games that usually aren't much longer than that, but yeah, totally deserves to be counted as 1/5th of a game just because they decided to call the series episodic rather than do sequels. We would all be much better served with yet another $20 indie game with mediocre review scores.

Top Bottom