• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ version of Driveclub will have 5 tracks (1 country) and 10 cars.

eh, its not trolling. I'm in the PSN thread every tuesday, buy almost every game that drops on PS4, and generally have been pleased w/ ps+.

If this what we get for the month of October, then that'd suck. But thats it, it'd just be a bad month for me- not trying to make a bigger argument that sony #YOULIED, or that ps+ isn't worth it.

Just a bad month if thats all we get, thats all.

I think that will be replacing Resogun and not the PS4 monthly game.

Whoever said "PS+ edition is the retail game minus a few cars and tracks" was just speaking in PR. Every game developer eases/softens their language when talking about the truth of their games. There's no way you'd get the majority of the game for free, simple as that. They have a game to sell, ya know.

Hahaha. Move dem goalposts.

"they never said that"
"here's them saying that"
"well, that's just them saying that because sayin' it is PR speak"

Jack Tretton called it that at E3.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/sony-ps-plus-driveclub/

ab3.jpg

I think he meant, and I might be mistaken, that they had never referred to a PS+ edition for any other games. Not that they hadn't referred to the PS+ edition of Driveclub as such.

I'm not sure why Sony or Evolution would want to give away a full AAA budget game without first selling it for a number of months and hitting some sales targets. I would think that people are smart enough to realize that that is how PSN+ works with big budget titles: they are out for a while and sell and once they hit some target they put it on PSN+ for free.

Pimpwerx

It's free and has a platinum? Good enough for me. Hopefully there's a ps+ discount on the full game, because I'm buying it. PEACE.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Not bad at all. I was already on team Drive Club, but getting to play around with it before I buy will be nice.

I'm not sure why Sony or Evolution would want to give away a full AAA budget game without first selling it for a number of months and hitting some sales targets. I would think that people are smart enough to realize that that is how PSN+ works with big budget titles: they are out for a while and sell and once they hit some target they put it on PSN+ for free.

Common sense unfortunately isn't a viral disease or else there'd be a lot more of it around.

"the online multiplayer, the asynchronous challenges and the single player campaign will all be present in the PS Plus version"

"demo" my butt.

Okay wow. I missed that. Evo off to another shady start to a new gen? Yikes.

Ok let's all be honest here. The game was called the PS+ edition. Does that not allow you to infer that it will be different from the normal, standard, regular edition or whatever else you want to call it? I still don't understand why people expected the full game.

No. PS+ is known for full games.

That's like MS announcing Halo 3 for Games With Gold as the Halo GWG edition and hoping we assume that it's just one map of the entire campaign.

Fucking hell stop saying it would be for free.
I understand what you mean, but should we say instead?
Should I wait until the end of the year. Then add up the number of game is have downloaded from ps plus and then use that to divide the cost of my annual subscription, then the result of the sum is the amount I can say I paid for drive club.

I think we all know that the game "free" and, and by now we all know what it means.

Pimpwerx

Ok let's all be honest here. The game was called the PS+ edition. Does that not allow you to infer that it will be different from the normal, standard, regular edition or whatever else you want to call it? I still don't understand why people expected the full game.
Exactly. This was consensus when it was first announced. Stop acting all surprised. It's free. Talk about entitled. PEACE.

Quite frankly it doesn't surprise me. PS+ will only lower in value. It was a trick to convince people that online multiplayer behind a paywall isn't that bad.

gogogow

It's gonna be a shitstorm one after the other for DriveClub/Evolution.

- Game delayed
- Game is 30fps
- Content revealed for PS+ edition

One more:
- Price to upgrade

SRTtoZ

People really expected more than that?? So they paid a lot of money to have a game made just to give it away?

riotous

Banned
LOL. I think there are very few of us who are pleasantly surprised by this. Does that make us weird?

Honestly I'd love if this became the trend for PS+.

I'd rather have trimmed down versions of brand new games with my sub than Indy games or old AAA games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quite frankly it doesn't surprise me. PS+ will only lower in value. It was a trick to convince people that online multiplayer behind a paywall isn't that bad.
I don't think it's a trick in itself (definitely was a successful way to comfort PS buyers into the idea of paying for online MP), but we are in a period where we will get lackluster content like access to to this Driveclub platform of sorts. I can see them continuing to do this and offering microtransaction-based shells of games as part of the value package. It's a win-win for them, much like how moving MP behind a paywall was.

Magwik

Banned
Okay wow. I missed that. Evo off to another shady start to a new gen? Yikes.

No. PS+ is known for full games.

That's like MS announcing Halo 3 for Games With Gold as the Halo GWG edition and hoping we assume that it's just one map of the entire campaign.
It was announced last year that the game would be separate between versions. Halo 3 was free for GWG but not all the DLC locking people out of the majority of the playlists online.

Pimpwerx

So don't pay and get no free games. It's not rocket science. You get far more value for the money than if you don't pay. As far as I know, you can pay most online games no problem without ps+. The complaints on this thread are bizarre.

I was against paying fort online last gen and didn't do it. This gen or makes financial sense, so I'm doing it. If you see no value, don't pay. If gamers voted with their dollars, change would be enacted faster. PEACE.

Amir0x

Banned
LOL. I think there are very few of us who are pleasantly surprised by this. Does that make us weird?

I'm not pleasantly surprised, it's just I find it hard to complain about a very significant amount of content in a game being free with a subscription that also nets you tons of other full "free" games for. If you calculate the sheer scale of the shit we get per year with a PS+ sub, it's nuts. This is 5 tracks and 11 variants and 10 cars, and many of the modes. That's a huge amount of content for something like that. And if you like it, you can upgrade to the full game.

That's pretty nice any way I shake it

It's actually more like on the day of Halo5 release, ms gives you a gwg version with the single player prologue and all mp modes with 5 maps and 10 custom loadouts.

Exactly. This was consensus when it was first announced. Stop acting all surprised. It's free. Talk about entitled. PEACE.

It's not free. And you're allowed to be entitled when it comes to a service you pay for. I have no opinion on this either way, just wanted clear up the "free" thing.

cackhyena

I'm not pleasantly surprised, it's just I find it hard to complain about a very significant amount of content in a game being free with a subscription that also nets you tons of other full "free" games for. If you calculate the sheer scale of the free shit we get per year, it's nuts. This is 5 tracks and 11 variants and 10 cars, and many of the modes. That's a huge amount of content for something like that. And if you like it, you can upgrade to the full game.

That's pretty nice any way I shake it
Get this common sense the fuck out of here.

So don't pay and get no free games. It's not rocket science. You get far more value for the money than if you don't pay. As far as I know, you can pay most online games no problem without ps+. The complaints on this thread are bizarre.

I was against paying fort online last gen and didn't do it. This gen or makes financial sense, so I'm doing it. If you see no value, don't pay. If gamers voted with their dollars, change would be enacted faster. PEACE.

Are you just talking about PS3/Vita? Because it's pretty much required for retail PS4 games to play online. PEACE.

It was announced last year that the game would be separate between versions. Halo 3 was free for GWG but not all the DLC locking people out of the majority of the playlists online.

You agree then that there's a distinct difference. between a full game without a dlc, and what PS+ DC is?

I think it's wrong to call this a glorified demo. They're basically going for the Killer Instinct model. Not exactly what PS+ is known for and I do wonder whether this is a model they want to become more prevalent in PS+ games.

Honestly I'd love if this became the trend for PS+.

I'd rather have trimmed down versions of brand new games with my sub than Indy games or old AAA games.

I'm very pleased with this announcement and the amount of content we'll be getting, but this is a truly terrible idea.

I'd rather they continue to do what they re doing now and eventually introduce full retail trials as they did on PS3.

To the people getting mad or feeling misled based on the prior statement:

You understand this can be interpreted as meaning that a few categories of assets are missing, not that a few of the assets from each category are missing. I think people jumped the gun a bit on this quote. The "such as" part is very important to the overall meaning of that response.

Why would anyone pay $60 for a free game that is only missing like three cars and three tracks from the complete version. People be irrational.
I wrote the same thing on page 5/6/7. Maybe you'll get more looks.

sneaky77

Whoever said "PS+ edition is the retail game minus a few cars and tracks" was just speaking in PR. Every game developer eases/softens their language when talking about the truth of their games. There's no way you'd get the majority of the game for free, simple as that. They have a game to sell, ya know.
You think people would be used to sales speak by now, if not watching late night tv sale shows may be disappointing

Teletraan1

Banned
So people actually expected a full version of this game for free minus some content at launch of said game. A game they have now dragged on for an extra year they were just going to give away for free to the probably huge percentage of people who subscribe to PSN+ who own PS4s. Seems a bit much for a company that is always touted as on a razors edge to bankruptcy to just eat the entire cost of the game and make very little on it. Especially with the extra development time involved.

Top Bottom