• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 (slim) coming to NA this Spring bundled w/ Borderlands 2 - $199

OneUh8

I will be in the market for a handheld soon. Want to get one before summer hits. I have been heavily leaning towards a 3DSXL though... This 2000 bundle looks good, even though I already played BL2

Hatty

oh crap, time to get an OLED Vita before they become scarce and more expensive!
I don't think thats gonna happen
they made a ton of the things and they didn't exactly set the world on fire so there should be a bunch out there for a while

Ain't no thang. I'll just play it for twice as long to get the same amount of frames. Pow.

Ron-Burgundy-That-Doesnt-Make-Any-Sense.gif

Seems a much better deal than the UK one. This coming from SCEA is doubly unexpected going by past experience.

But I would want one of those black/khaki ones to go alongside my Liberation white one.

My old white OLED has a fair bit of burn in. Clearly that's a valid reason to buy the bundle, right? RIGHT?!?!

I'm terrible with money.

Trago

Ys Celceta is exclusive, as it's Demon Gaze. Conception is multi with 3DS and FFX is multi with PS3. The Atelier games are being brought by Tecmo via PSN. Shu has hinted Over My Dead Body 2 coming to the West, though it's not confirmed.

If you're counting SS as a JRPG, you could check Toukiden. It's more like Monster Hunter than Soul Sacrifice.

Maybe some other gaffer can add something to that list.

Sweet! Thanks a bunch.

I wouldn't mind getting a slim... but after I sold my OLED, I don't think I could "jump back" into Vita for more than $150... or $130 used in good condition.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I decided to just get an original from Cowboom (has shipped, but haven't gotten it yet).

I played the shit out of BL2 on 360 and an 8GB card isn't very useful.

I thought maybe the slim would be coupled with a price drop since the LCD screens are cheaper than the oled, but oh well.

Instead of a download code and an 8GB card, why not just give the retail version of the game? The 8gb will probably only hold the one game.

Agent X

At least we've got confirmation that Borderlands 2 Vita is the GotY edition. Cross save is a nice touch.

I've been playing a lot of Borderlands 2 on PS3 over the last few weeks (as it was a PS Plus giveaway). The ability to continue my existing game in progress on the Vita is a great incentive for me to get the Vita version.

Loxley

For me, I think the plan will be to have two Vitas for two separate purposes. OLED Vita + grip = strictly a remote play machine to leave at home, Vita 2000 = take with me when I travel and play actual Vita titles on. Graphics don't matter to me when it comes to mobile gaming, so the absence of the OLED doesn't affect my opinion of the 2000 at all.

Besides, the (slightly) improved battery life and (slightly) smaller form factor of the 2000 obviously means it will lend itself better for on-the-go play.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sort of want. Not really interested in BL2 or the black color. 8 gig card is nice, but BL2 is just a download token so there goes your 8 gigs.

Think I'll hold out for a different bundle later on in the year. Not really interested in the 1000 model either. I want the 2000 model. If we get something like a FF bundle I'd be in.

ghibli99

Might not have OLED, but after playing on a 1000 since December, the 2000 looks like it's worth it for the Select/Start buttons alone. Not sure who designed these things... not as bad as the first-gen 3DS Select/Home/Start "buttons", but they're just terrible.

Wait wait wait.

Does it include all DLC? Only says 6.

Six (6) Borderlands®2 DLC packs including;
Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty,
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage,
the Psycho Character Class,
Mechromancer Character Class,
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1,
and Collector’s Edition Pack.

If they are selling the other major DLC packs (Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt & Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep) to sell later I would be a bit miffed. Not to fussed about the little Headhunter stuff.

Leynos

Good price, but I'm not interested in Borderlands, or the black Vita. I'll just import either a khaki, or geen Vita when I get some money.

nampad

No news about colors means no colors I guess. Would have been crazy to see North America getting them and we Europeans not though, because the platform isn't as dead here as in the America.
Still hoped they would be announced because it would mean the chances of Europe getting the colored Vitas would also be higher. Also, I could import one if I want to, don't want the hassle with the switched buttons of a japanese model.

At first, I thought the price of the BL2 bundle didn't include some kind of price cut but seeing peoples reactions I guess I was wrong.

Those of us waiting on the $150 pricetag should keep an eye out on possible firesales for the 1000 model in the coming months.

Where I live, the price of the original model actually got significantly raised after the new model was announced. I guess it will stay that high because it will be rare and the OLED is something some people would prefer.

Instead of a download code and an 8GB card, why not just give the retail version of the game? The 8gb will probably only hold the one game.

How can a 8 GB card probably only hold that one game when the actual game cards are limited to 4 GB?

Ys Celceta is exclusive, as it's Demon Gaze. Conception is multi with 3DS and FFX is multi with PS3. The Atelier games are being brought by Tecmo via PSN. Shu has hinted Over My Dead Body 2 coming to the West, though it's not confirmed.

If you're counting SS as a JRPG, you could check Toukiden. It's more like Monster Hunter than Soul Sacrifice.

Maybe some other gaffer can add something to that list.

Per...son...AAAAAAA!!!

Dragon Fantasy is also a nice RPG. Light hearted, not to long, and a decent price. And there are two entries on the Vita. One that looks like an 8 bit RPG and one that looks like a 16 bit era RPG.

AmanoBuff

I have a 1000. Is burn-in really a thing, or is it overblown?

I've had one almost since launch and the OLED screen is perfect. I think it could become an issue if you leave it with the screen on displaying an image for too long (like the right bar when you use the browser for example). In my case, I use my Vita strictly for gaming and video, and I put it to sleep the moment I'm done with it, so that might have helped.

EL CUCO

I wish they would allow us to buy direct from Sony with the option to customize the colors.

That'd be better than manufacturing a bunch of color combos that might not sell.

Top Bottom