• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Menu/UI video

Maybe he was planning on buying it anyway? Maybe he told that guy he was gonna go home and get it but when he got home he saw this girl Sara Greene he's been swooning over was playing Knack and he wanted to show her he's got a soft side? The guy lives in an abandoned garage, you don't know his life!

I just love how they put a chick in there.lol Its like they think we all dream of meeting a girl gamer and think we can hook up with her because we play games together.

Oh wait.... they might have it right on that one. haha

Sarah speaks 3 languages so she can triple the number of hearts she can break.

5WUHBkA.jpg

Bwahahahha! I need to know what happened to Sarah...

I just love how they put a chick in there.lol Its like they think we all dream of meeting a girl gamer and think we can hook up with her because we play games together.

Oh wait.... they might have it right on that one. haha

Probably a better idea than trying to convert a significant other into a gamer. haha

1upmuffin

I wonder if most multiplayer games will actually have the option to download singleplayer or multiplayer first, that's actually pretty interesting.

Raymo

Saw this is the UI video. The trophy text in the bottom left mentions finishing the game with the same partner. Is this just placeholder text from Journey? Or could it just be a similar trophy for Knack?

XXzrkBs.jpg

Boss Man

Saw this is the UI video. The trophy text in the bottom left mentions finishing the game with the same partner. Is this just placeholder text from Journey? Or could it just be a similar trophy for Knack?
Looks like the exact same text, probably a placeholder. Nice catch though.

tokkun

That's pretty bog-standard design across the board for a number of social networking sites before so.cl started doing it - Pinterest, G+, etc.

I don't know about Pinterest, but G+ switched to that multiple column design only about a month ago.

SeanR1221

I really like how everything is connected. That was my favorite part of 360. I always felt ps3 was very disconnected. So I'm pleased with the UI.

I hope the phone app is on iOS.

syko de4d

with the clan question in the trailer, will we maybe get real clan support? Clantag, a Area in the UI just for the Clan, where you only see stuff from other clan members etc.?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
with the clan question in the trailer, will we maybe get real clan support? Clantag, a Area in the UI just for the Clan, where you only see stuff from other clan members etc.?
I would love it if they just went ahead and ripped off all the Steam groups features. Give me public/private groups, forums, chat rooms, and a calendar for events. I'm sick and tired off how time consuming and useless in game clans have been this gen.

syko de4d

I would love it if they just went ahead and ripped off all the Steam groups features. Give me groups, forums, chat rooms, and a calendar for events.

yeahe that would be really cool. Would love to have e.g. a German-Gaf Group on PS4 :D
And the share button with Community/Clan-Forums? Show your matchwinning last second headshot kill on the forum :p

Metalmarc

I wonder if being able to download MP vs. SP component separately will actually split the cost of the game as well? That'd be nice .

Yes i came to post similar question, you guys think one day we can get multiplayer and single player ONLY versions of the same thing? Or the fullpackage if you want it, in the future? I see you have to download one part first then the other later, but im sure they can just split them off in the future as seperate packages

Say call of duty as a example, they should make it so one day you can Just buy the single player portion only of the game, for less than the cost of the full game, And then if you want to add in multiplayer afterwards you can do so but it's going to cost you

How can the publishers benefit from this? As they wont want to lose money

Ok i'll use call of duty as a example day one prices:

Full game price (includes single and multiplayer parts of COD) £60

- cheaper all round for the gamer that wants to buy the full package, i know what your thinking? Why wouldnt everyone just buy this in the first place? Well people like myself who aren't interested in ever playing multiplayer or vice versa will benefit from a cheaper version of the game, but only get access to singleplayer, and then if one day i change my mind? It will cost me more than the original full game price and thats my own fault, but again i don't want multiplayer so i don't mind

Single player only portion £40 - then if you want to add the multiplayer part later on, it's gonna cost you more than the original price and thats up to you it will now have cost you £80, publishers win here, but if you never want to play multiplayer,you dont have to and its cheaper for you)

Multiplayer only portion £40 - then if you want to add the single payer later, again it's going to cost you more than the original Full game bundle, it's going to cost you another £40

Then sales later on say the follwoing year or whenever maybe you can buy the parts your missing for less than or the same price as the original full game

Sales example call of duty

Full game sale price is now £40
Single player only portion sale price is now £20
Multiplayer only portion sale price is now £20

IHaveIce

Banned
oh man you can choose to download the multiplayer or singleplayer portion of any game you buy first, so you can decide which you'll immediately be able to play first?

That...is amazing

Yeah this is incredible.

But I really dislike the UI, it looks like a fusion of the current UI ofthe Ps3 paired with microsofts metro design.

Also dat social media and facebook... urgh.

UI skins would be nice

That dude wants to get into Sarah's panties soo bad ... And he lives in a dump. He looks like he lives in an old fish market warehouse in China or something. Less creepy that the artifical Kinect living room with fake families though.

The UI is not half bad, multitasking and downloading while playing Knack is the way to go... Makes more sense than watching tv while playing a game, honestly. A little too much emphasis on social features and like and stuff, but hey, I guess it's expected nowadays.

Protome

Yeah this is incredible.

But I really dislike the UI, it looks like a fusion of the current UI ofthe Ps3 paired with microsofts metro design.

Also dat social media and facebook... urgh.

UI skins would be nice

It'd be absurd if they didn't sell themes again. I'm sure sony made some good money on them since they're so cheap to make and they also work well as promotional items to give out.

dejay

Banned
Dude's got fast fiber and he's crushing on Sarah. "Come join my friend zone" is what I got from that video, and some music I'm not too sure about.

Anyway, good to see the UI seems to have the basics covered.

Any word on voice search? The one thing I use really like Kinect for is voice search, even if I have to use the word "bing" and use a $100 motion detector instead of a $5 microphone.

BHK3

Banned
It'd be absurd if they didn't sell themes again. I'm sure sony made some good money on them since they're so cheap to make and they also work well as promotional items to give out.

There will be themes but my main concern is the actual UI, everything I see just looks bland. XMB and the old xbox blades were the perfect UI's this gen(the 2nd UI for xbox: NXE was perfect for netflix but then they ruined it).

A lot of this gives off a distinct "sequences shortened" kind of vibe. My gaming PC can't even alt-tab that quickly. I guess they are building this thing from the ground up with multitasking in mind but, still, I'll believe it can be that smooth and slick when I see it in real life.

JoshHood

I don't know about Pinterest, but G+ switched to that multiple column design only about a month ago.

True, but it's not really all that far from the old iGoogle design from almost a decade ago.

A lot of this gives off a distinct "sequences shortened" kind of vibe. My gaming PC can't even alt-tab that quickly. I guess they are building this thing from the ground up with multitasking in mind but, still, I'll believe it can be that smooth and slick when I see it in real life.

The Vita does genuinely switch that quickly, so it wouldn't surprise me.

ibun

Don't like the UI. Don't like the Vita UI. XMB was a pretty fast and clean UI.
They should have gotten, some clever people doing webdesign or averall UI design stuff not those inhouse guys who did the PS Store overhaul.

Oh man, I really hope you can buy "just single player" or "just multiplayer" or both and have varying prices. I don't know how feasible that is but that would be great.

Why does the guy live in a shed. It looked almost as bad as the pic that gets posted in every "show off your gaming setup" thread where there a Gamecube and a bottle of water in a sewer with a TV on a milk crate.

btkadams

really like the aspect that you can download games from psn via your smartphone, and the download starts directly on the PS4.
You can technically already do this with a ps3 and a smartphone. It's more of a pain in the ass than this though. I can't wait to get the PSN app.

Top Bottom