• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Midnight Launches

maybe that's what they are doing....but yes 5PM-6PM is usually cut off for there system of getting everything checked in and ready to go.

Might be different for every gamestop as well, but I know mine wants to generate traffic so it seems they are not even doing the whole pre-ring transaction on extra consoles either.

Hopefully GameStops leaves a note or informs customers like yours did.....damn management.

The Gamestop where I used to live said to check around 6 pm for any spare units. If the Gamestop near my work is like that I'll probably head over there after and pay for one there (although 40 mins from my current apt).

I doubt that the PS4s will be hard to come by though if you don't happen to secure one during launch weekend.

KiraXD

Think again. All signs point to high demand. If I am wrong, I will gladly eat crow.

yeah.. typically theres 3 types of people.

The day 1 preorderer - This person camps out online/at stores to make sure theyre the first on the preorder list

The Preorder Procrastinator - This person WANTS to preorder day 1 but usually cant (because they dont have the money at the time) or thinks they can wait a few weeks and still be able to get one. (im usually the first, but this year i ended up waiting untill september... fortunately i was able to get one from wal-mart)

The Parent/Oblivious Gamer - These people dont follow games at all... they think "oh it comes out the 15th ill pick one up then!" Then dont understand why they cant get one when its all sold out.

Anyone who thinks they can pull a Parent/Oblivious Gamer is in for a letdown... the other 2 groups already snagged all the available consoles.

all thats left to hope for is someone doesnt pick up their preorder from gamestop after 48 hours (its still 48 hours right? unless youre friends with the employees because then they will usually hold stuff for people untill they can come in... ive been able to do this a lot, often times getting a game on the friday i get paid, since i didnt have the money that tuesday...)

ViciousDS

Banned
yeah.. typically theres 3 types of people.

The day 1 preorderer - This person camps out online/at stores to make sure theyre the first on the preorder list

The Preorder Procrastinator - This person WANTS to preorder day 1 but usually cant (because they dont have the money at the time) or thinks they can wait a few weeks and still be able to get one. (im usually the first, but this year i ended up waiting untill september... fortunately i was able to get one from wal-mart)

The Parent/Oblivious Gamer - These people dont follow games at all... they think "oh it comes out the 15th ill pick one up then!" Then dont understand why they cant get one when its all sold out.

Anyone who thinks they can pull a Parent/Oblivious Gamer is in for a letdown... the other 2 groups already snagged all the available consoles.

all thats left to hope for is someone doesnt pick up their preorder from gamestop after 48 hours (its still 48 hours right? unless youre friends with the employees because then they will usually hold stuff for people untill they can come in... ive been able to do this a lot, often times getting a game on the friday i get paid, since i didnt have the money that tuesday...)

It's still 48 hours from what I remember as well.

Either you attempt to snag one friday morning, or get a cancelled pre-order Thursday Afternoon if they still allow you to order the item.

anddo0

It turns out my BB isn't do a midnight launch. I am now at the mercy of my Amazon pre-order. I'll pick up the BB pre-order whenever...

It's still 48 hours from what I remember as well.

Either you attempt to snag one friday morning, or get a cancelled pre-order Thursday Afternoon if they still allow you to order the item.

Yeah, EB gave me the call today and said I could pick up my preorder anytime Friday or Saturday.

Since I'm trying to avoid crowds and potential muggings I plan to go late Friday morning.

IM HAPPY!!!! I told my gamestop like 2 weeks ago when I decide to get the ps4 instead of Xbox 1 to TELL ME if somebody cancels or cant pick up their preorder. A week goes by he says to keep checking if they got extra consoles.. Now today a few minuets ago I go check to see if they got extra consoles he says he doesnt know but now someone cancelled their preorder and im next to get his, he took a note on my name in the system and everything and I dont even have to camp no more. Go to the 6 o clock thing pay it off then go straight to the midnight! HYPE :D

Top Bottom