• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UI 16 minute video

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Looks nicer now:

ps4-ui2.jpg

What is this even showing?

Is this like your Friend's News Feed? As long as it isn't a main page I have to go to I am ok with the rest.

It still looks so unnecessarily sloppy and unorganized and it drives the organization freak in me insane. I don't know why every new age website or OS design has to have the requirement that it look like it was made in a 10th grade computer class.

Because it's the "cool" thing now, just as 3d textures and skeuomorphism was back in the day.

Forget the UI, the dude's getting his arse handed to him on Knack. Enemies roll dodging and throwing double grenades, he's struggling to get through the initial section.

A junior who claimed to be an insider said it on the 4th. Bish saw him claiming to be an insider and didn't ban him so there must be some truth to his claims...

We should know by Thursday since that's 2 weeks after he posted that comment.

Hmm OK cool, thanks for the answer. Gonna be cautiously optimistic that we will get a video lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does anyone know if they still have those awesome background game art when you linger over the game icon? It's one of my favourite things about the XMB.

I didn't see anything when they stopped over Knack in this video but I am hoping it's because it was an early demo build.
I think I saw a bit of it during the gamescom press conference demo but the screen UI seemed so cluttered with information about the game that I fear we might be left with only basic background images of the game's logo. I miss the space the XMB had.
It was shown during the Gamescom preview. I think you have to scroll down to expand the game tile and for the art to appear. It doesn't seem to appear automatically every time you hover over the tile like it does on the PS3.

It still looks so unnecessarily sloppy and unorganized and it drives the organization freak in me insane. I don't know why every new age website or OS design has to have the requirement that it look like it was made in a 10th grade computer class.

LOL I was just going to say it looks like a Power Point presentation... Horrible

Honestly, I've felt this activity feed was a clusterfuck since that original image came out back in February. Its like they saw the Facebook wall and instead of putting updates one after another in order of time posted, they put 3 of them beside each other is some uneven tile design.

wapplew

Because every website have to build with mobile browsing in mind, that's mean fit your content into one horizontal screen and load more info with scroll down. No more next page previous page.

VanWinkle

The What's New section tiles are staggered, like on other social websites, to encourage your eyes to gaze at all of the tiles, like they're their own thing instead of a just a part of a grid. It also intuitively allows you to see that there is more tiles below. No matter what tile you are on, you can see that there are more below it.

What is this even showing?

Is this like your Friend's News Feed? As long as it isn't a main page I have to go to I am ok with the rest.

It's a friends feed. It's not the main page.

ckohler

It should be noted that every time we've seen a leaked video of the UI, it's not been connected to the Internet (offline mode) and as such has been super fast.

However, when they showed it at Gamescom, it was "connected" mode and showed signs of being a bit sluggish.

So, I'm still hoping they've been able to speed up the online performance.

Lastly, WHY ARE THERE STILL NO OFFICIAL WALKTHROUGHS OF THE UI, SONY?! I'm tired of having to eat these poor quality, back alley scraps for info!

wapplew

Honestly, I've felt this activity feed was a clusterfuck since that original image came out back in February. Its like they saw the Facebook wall and instead of putting updates one after another in order of time posted, they put 3 of them beside each other is some uneven tile design.

Ya, 3 column design is a bit crowded. I hope they let us customize it, I like one column design more.

wapplew

I don't know who make this mock up, but a calendar is a super cool idea.
Mark the date of official event or let us create our own event for teams/club like raid calendar.
Please do it Sony.

9444125682_f330efec35_z.jpg

Skip to 14:30 to see the friends list.

Honestly that video is worthless. I hope Sony puts up an offical UI walk-through soon..PS4 is out in less than a month!

It is just a facebook feed on your games console. It doesn't need to be reduced down to its essential so that users only "expend optimum time within it leading to increased productivity" ... it's not the UI of a work application. People will log in have a quick browse, maybe click on a friends face or an image that looks interesting, then go play a game.

ckohler

Anybody read French? If so, can you make out what these Options are? This is what you see when you click the Options button with a game highlighted. I know the last three choices with the stars next to them are Dev Kit only options.

7oFhdx9.png

Milennia

I couldnt even watch the video..... It was a slideshow with shitty pixelated pictures.

Anyone have a collection of ui screenshots from the vid ?

Everdred

Can't wait for PS4, but that looks like shit. Visual it's horrendous, but it's all about speed and functionality. I have some hope though, they are running in Offline Mode, which could mean it's missing dynamic theme changes and stuff. Xbox One looks very pretty UI wise but it isn't the best to navigate, Sony is usually the other way around.

Top Bottom