• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UI 16 minute video

Was it fast though? Faster than WiiU but I saw a bit too many buffering/loading rotating circles and empty screens. Didn't watch the whole video though, maybe I just happened to skip thop a bunch of web based pages?
Looks kind of stale too. Strange that he wrote his name with the stick too, why not use the touch pad?

Ask him, touchpad controls work as shown at E3.

And 80% of the business world pay to use that combination just for the hell of it.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

the major reason people use windows servers right now is because of toolchain support and legacy/migration difficulty

if you're doing most of the back end in house anyways it's moronic to go with a windows server

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Why do you always have some pointless title to each of your comments?

Cause why the hell not? I like using it for additional snark that would get me trouble if I put it in the post itself. I'm a bit of a smartass so my options are either to tone it down or redirect it somewhere else. Also, I like capitalization. And I can only do that when making new threads or using the Title Bar. One of those opportunities show up much more often than the other.

Was it fast though? Faster than WiiU but I saw a bit too many buffering/loading rotating circles and empty screens. Didn't watch the whole video though, maybe I just happened to skip thop a bunch of web based pages?
Looks kind of stale too. Strange that he wrote his name with the stick too, why not use the touch pad?

I'm gonna peg it on debug dev hardware. That would absolutely kill it for me if I saw a rotating circle when I am using a PS4.

Amir0x

Banned
Where is the PS Blog Walkthrough videos of the UI and such Yoshida promised us? This bad quality video stuff going into next-gen already is frustrating :p

Looks relatively snappy, I don't care about anything else.

the major reason people use windows servers right now is because of toolchain support and legacy/migration difficulty

if you're doing most of the back end in house anyways it's moronic to go with a windows server
Yup, legacy is the only reason IT sticks with Microsoft. Any critical servers at my work are Linux based.
Also, metro is total garbage. That alone is turning me off an xbox one.

Thats just not true, you're taking your personal opinion and applying it as fact. People use Windows servers because they're good at what they do, it's quite simple.

Guymelef

Where is the PS Blog Walkthrough videos of the UI and such Yoshida promised us? This bad quality video stuff going into next-gen already is frustrating :p

Looks relatively snappy, I don't care about anything else.

Should be around next week according our super secret insider Tidux.

80% of the business world uses Windows 8/Server 2012?

Thats not what I said. 80% is a pie in the sky figure, but Windows servers and desktops are the majority used in business (by quite some margin), this isn't an accident, this isn't because they're somehow forced to due to backwards compatibility issues, this is because they're good at what they do. I don't understand what it is with people and their necessity to hate on any and everything Microsoft.

Dunlop

Why are people using the Activity Feed screen as the basis for the UI? The UI is obviously like the XMB.

this

Which is not a positive for me, Sony is just terrible at UI's. 6 months from now we will get a repeat of posts how Sony does not need to change anything (because they won't) because it is perfect just like the PS3 days

I'm in the same boat as if it boots fast to get me to games and Netflix I'm OK but meh

Dragon

Banned
Yeah Exchange sucks and there are much better solutions than active directory or whatever other bs ms puts forth.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Ah, cheers, I was too lazy to do that myself, and people are quite right, the guys voice combined with bad choice in music is definitely a reason to mute it.

In your opinion, of course.

I hope you aren't going to quote everyone that posts something without an "IMO" that might disagree with "in your opinion" all the time, it is a forum, assume everything is pretty much an opinion.

Hydrargyrus

If there's one thing I've learned about next gen it's to never look at the camera when taking your avatar pic.

Nope.

That is what we have learned with facebook. "Taking a picture of yourself acting like you didn't notice, like if you were sleeping or posing puckering your lips"

Man, didn't you read the instructions when you made your profile?

JP

I would hope that we start getting official videos like these over the next couple of weeks. I'm sure there is stuff that they're still finalising so it could still change for release. I quite like the look of it and the speed is very impressive, hopefully that won't take too much of a hit when you're hdd is filling up.

It'll be interesting to see how much control we get over customising the look of the UI. I know there will be themes but I wonder if we'll be able to add or remove sections if we want to?

44 days left to go in the UK!! :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'll wait for an official video.

Same here. It looked good as usual.

It seems like we are going to get stupid complaints about how the UI works before release. People want to sharply either like or dislike it but in the end it functions really fast and is simplistic.

Next complaint will be the vents are too big.

wayyy worse than xb1...

Case in point here. Without any explanation either. Not that this is the thread for it nor do I care to discuss perfectly functional UI's.

Fergie

Banned
Both UI of the next-gen consoles looking good. At least that's something not to worry about.

Anyway Sony really need a official "HD" walkthrough, that video with voice was absolutely terrible.

DogMeat77

Looks like Kotaku is reporting from Sony that this is from a debug unit and does not represent the final consumer product. Take it for what its worth I suppose.

Vitter.

Im wondering when are we going to start getting solid preview/reviews for PS4 games and console as we arer closing on the release date. Can anyone make a thread about it so we compile all of them in one place please?

Globox_82

Banned
looks terrible! A complete mess, it seems I am again going to be stuck on crappy UI for almost a decade....

X1 UI looks awesome.

BTW I am getting only PS4 just to be clear

Norml

Don't like the glossy blues one bit!

PS3 has 12 different colors to choose from, I'm sure PS4 is the same.

I'm glad it still has the small icons on the main view,Xbone looks terrible in comparison and will once again make themes almost worthless.

Top Bottom