• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rain > Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJolly

Banned
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not obsessed with the rain. Every now and then It's ok.

But nothing beats summertime and the ocean.

ocean waves

Ocean waves+ sound of rain > Ocean waves

One day you'll appreciate the Rain, we all do in the end :)

agree with everything the op says

rain-1.jpg

I've always wondered why it's called fox's wedding, now i googled it and it seems to have its origin in Japanese folklore. Interesting to see how it ended up as a common expression in the other side of the world.

Frodo

I used to think like you, OP. Then I moved to the UK and kind of changed my mind a bit. Come live in any of the countries of rainy Europe and tell me what you think after a few years.

Rain is great, but too much of it or grey skies and you just end up feeling sad and tired. Those first days of warmth and sunshine after a long winter are the best thing ever.

I love thunderstorms, just normal UK rain - not so much.

tumblr_lnsltuqkgo1qfn9vko1_500.gif

Same here. Thunderstorms are so comforting. Love them.

ATF487

I used to think like you, OP. Then I moved to the UK and kind of changed my mind a bit. Come live in any of the countries of rainy Europe and tell me what you think after a few years.

Rain is great, but too much of it or grey skies and you just end up feeling sad and tired. Those first days of warmth and sunshine after a long winter are the best thing ever.

Same here. Thunderstorms are so comforting. Love them.

I want to emigrate to the UK but I'm worried about this. I live in a sunnier climate with more precipitation (in mm/in) but I've never lived with long sustained periods of greyness. I think I wouldn't mind it as much as others but it's another thing to actually live in it.

Scuderia

I want to emigrate to the UK but I'm worried about this. I live in a sunnier climate with more precipitation (in mm/in) but I've never lived with long sustained periods of greyness. I think I wouldn't mind it as much as others but it's another thing to actually live in it.

Makes you appreciate the summer a lot more (what we get of it!).

Then in the summer you want the cold back, grass is always greener and all that.

SugarDave

I'll take a massively rainy day over an absolutely boiling one anyday, but a little bit of sunshine with a nice, cool breeze are the best, at least if we're talking about a day where I'm out and about.

If I'm inside then yes, rainy days are awesome.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm probably in the minority, but I love dark and gloomy days, especially when the clouds are a dark blue and dark grey color all day long, the calm before the storm just brightens my mood.

The only time I like sunshine is at the beach.

This thread reminds me of the "Automn is the best season" thread.

You people make me sick. SICK.
It's the fucking middle of that summer here and it's fucking 60°f outside with rain 6 days a week.

I fucking hate rain. I fucking hate grey damp weather all year.

Sami+

The worst thing about rain down here in Florida is that it feels like a fucking sauna when it's over. You can literally see the steam coating the ground.

I love windy nights the most, but that usually comes with rain so i will agree with you, OP.

This. Windy nights are my shit.

Tetra-9

Rainy days all the way. I know it's the norm to like sunny days but there's just not much of a feel to them. Rain has a feel, it makes me more creative, contemplative, and even care-free.

slit

This thread reminds me of the "Automn is the best season" thread.

You people make me sick. SICK.
It's the fucking middle of that summer here and it's fucking 60°f outside with rain 6 days a week.

I fucking hate rain. I fucking hate grey damp weather all year.

You make me sick, star boy! Now go worship a sun god or something. Maybe you'll get your wish.

xbgamer

Banned
I like watching hurricanes, the last major hurricane in sfl was years ago, wilma I think. I used to make sure I put plexi-glass on the windows so I could watch the storm.

I moved away from California to get the hell away from the sun and heat. I came to Portland, where it turns out it doesn't rain nearly as much as people would have you believe. It's still infinitely better than southern California, though. What a shithole.

UrokeJoe

Would love some rain right now.

Phantom Flapjack said:
I moved away from California to get the hell away from the sun and heat. I came to Portland, where it turns out it doesn't rain nearly as much as people would have you believe. It's still infinitely better than southern California, though. What a shithole.

well that's depressing.

draetenth

I hate rain because it affects my allergies - clogged eyes and ears. It also bothers my eyes and makes it harder to put contacts in and when they are in they are just itchy...

I also wear hearing aids so I hate having to worry about them getting wet...

Arment

I love it when it rains. It's so soothing. My mood noticeably improves.

My favorite days at work are when it rains during break so I can smoke under the overhang and watch it rain. I also love driving in it, even though I know it increases my chances of a wreck. I drive cautiously and enjoy the experience.

But I do enjoy a nice sunny day in the upper 60s. Almost rivals a thunderous and rainy night.

Scarphace

I hate the rain, its definitely the worst type of weather to me. I rather have the sun shining with not a cloud in sight. Hell even snowy days are better than gloomy rainy days.

woodland

Rainy days, windy days, cloudy days, stormy days, snowy days, thunder-y days, hail-y days are all better than sunny days. And cold days are better than hot.

Someone understands.

Sun gets boring so fast, and sunny rain is the absolute worst. But a good fall day that's gray and cloudy and blustery as anything, those are the days worth living for. I especially like the days before the rain, where you can tell it'll rain by the wind blowing the leaves upside down, so you can see their silvery side.

Madrin

I'm probably in the minority, but I love dark and gloomy days, especially when the clouds are a dark blue and dark grey color all day long, the calm before the storm just brightens my mood.

The only time I like sunshine is at the beach.

The calm before the storm is the best part for me. Watching a storm brew before the rain hits is incredibly atmospheric.

Frodo

To be quite honest is not as bad as everyone makes it sound, but you do learn to appreciate the sunshine when you get it. This summer, for example, was great and we had loads of sunny and warm days.

daripad

Rainy days, windy days, cloudy days, stormy days, snowy days, thunder-y days, hail-y days are all better than sunny days. And cold days are better than hot.

I love you.

I hate living in this hot weather, I sweat a lot and I hate sweating.

Also, in the cold you can put more layers of clothes until you're fine, while in the hot you can take off all of your clothes and still will feel bad.

The_Poet

Banned
The people who love rain ITT are people who live in sunny climates.

I bet you dont like freezing cold rain in the middle of January on a Monday morning in London.

Sheroking

I bet you dont like freezing cold rain in the middle of January on a Monday morning in London.

I would really love freezing cold rain in the middle of January.

Unfortunately where I live, in January it's usually about about 20 degrees too cold for rain. Instead I get a bright ass sun bouncing off a foot of snow.

Tenck

Living in Phoenix, I can tell you that sunshine can fuck off. I love the rain. Bring on rain for majority of the year, and I'm good.

SKINNER!

Banned
I used to love the rain until I moved to a city that constantly rains and every single outdoor event I go to gets cancelled because of it. At least in a sunny climate you know a particular sport/outdoor party/camping trip/park hangout will not get cancelled because it's pissing down. Furthermore, being indoors staring outside at the rain really de-motivates and depresses you for some reason. So yeah, sunshine > rain.

Apt101

If you're into surfing, thunderstorms at the beach can't be beat. Also sitting inside while torrential rain is going down right outside all of the open windows and I'm watching some Miyazaki.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I totally agree! The world seems so much more alive when the sky is doing something. It's sunny and clear here today :(

Tenck

I've lived in cities where it rains most of the time, and winter is freezing rain and wind, and ontop of that snow. When it wasn't raining and just snowing, I was out with a t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom