• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raise the flame shield: Your "controversial" gaming opinion.

Uncharted 2 is overhyped. Recommendations from friends and GAF got me excited. After beating it, wasn't that impressed. There, I said it.
Trails in the Sky is the best rpg I have played this generation.

Brera

Banned
I loved how the pistol felt in Halo but thought it was a piece of over rated shit and not a patch on Goldeneye or Perfect Dark.

The Starhawk "Ruthless Killovation" ad on GAF is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Makes me want to never touch the game

killovation... was nothing stupider available?

Mouse and keyboard gaming sucks.

Mouse feels good, but the keyboard is terrible. I always thought they should have a Wii like nunchuck thing for the left hand in computer gaming. Nunchuck in left hand + Mouse in right hand + hit keyboard keys for other functions = win.

I wasn't a member here when this thread was created, so it's time to to bump it again I guess:

-The original Street of Rage was better than it's sequel in literally everything, including the music.

-Megaman 8 was a good game and one of the best Megaman games overall.

-COD: MW2 had one the best FPS campaigns of this gen, It's also my favorite multiplayer game this gen so far too.

-3D fighters are better than their 2D counterpart.

-3rd person games (GTA etc) control just fine with KB+M.

JDSN

Banned
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within is a very good game and the main reason people feing outrage as its existence is because of that Penny-Arcade comic.

Warhammer 40 Dawn of War>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dawn of War 2.

Company of Heroes is a great strategy game brought down by its insipid setting.

Crysis 2 has the most shitastic ending squence(?)

Spamming W button for the ending, died multiple times and finally gave up. I decided to watch the ending on youtube.

Rezae

Journey is a terrible "game" and a lackluster "experience". It's not art, it's not emotional. It's a bore.

Flower was ok though.

Also Zelda 2 >>> Zelda 1, and Mario 2 is way underrated.

Carcetti

I didn't get a maniac rage from Mass Effect 3 ending because the whole game was practically 'ending' the series and winding down open story arcs.

Tain

-The original Street of Rage was better than it's sequel in literally everything, including the music.

Can you go into detail?

I haven't played a ton of the original so I don't feel like I can judge the mechanics all that well, and I can understand the music, but you put SoR's visuals on top?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Since this thread got a bump, might as well bump my old post from here:

The split design of the Wii-remote is better than the DS3 or the 360 pad. I think it could do with a slight layout change, plus some additional buttons to accommodate the average game, but it is easily the most comfortable controller in the hand.

It's a shame that we probably won't get another controller like it.

Just 10 days shy of 1 year later, I still hold this opinion.

Curufinwe

Eurogamer's extremely cosy relationship with British developer Ninja Theory is a lot more suspect than anything that came up in the Lauren Wainwright scandal last year, which was sparked by an article on EG. Their coverage of DmC has been a sustained PR campaign barely disguised as journalism.

Mit-

Tales of Symphonia sucks. The only thing going for it was the battle system. Story was horrible. Voice acting was bad.

I don't enjoy playing towards some plot goal for 20 hours, only to be told that it was ALL a lie and completely pointless, and the entire plot is basically starting over again. Cool, thanks for wasting my time.

This happens twice in that game.

Foshy

The split design of the Wii-remote is better than the DS3 or the 360 pad. I think it could do with a slight layout change, plus some additional buttons to accommodate the average game, but it is easily the most comfortable controller in the hand.

My controversial opinion would be exactly the opposite. Fuck split controllers. They made lots of Wii games nearly unplayable to me and are probably the biggest reason why I think that the Mario Galaxies are the worst 3D Marios.

Derrick01

Banned
My favorite thread's back!

Persona 4 is kind of shitty, I don't get the "all-time great rpg" level of praise. I reserve the right to change this opinion if the rest of the game makes up for the boring first 10 hours.

AniHawk

the walking dead sucks as a game
kid icarus: uprising is nearly unplayable

3ds is nintendo's new gba, in that it's full of ports and their first-party efforts aren't very good.

I think the PS controller is horrible, I have big hands.

Open world racing is a bad idea.

BF3 gun models leave much to be desired.

GTA series, never understood the appeal.

RE4 Has yet to be passed in production value

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My controversial opinion would be exactly the opposite. Fuck split controllers. They made lots of Wii games nearly unplayable to me and are probably the biggest reason why I think that the Mario Galaxies are the worst 3D Marios.

Are you complaining about the split controller or the motion controller part of the Wii-remote? What I'm proposing as a perfect controller is something akin to the Wii-remote, but with no motion controls and enough logically-placed buttons to accommodate a 360 game.

I don't see how a split controller can make a game worse. It allows the hands to rest comfortably and naturally.

Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within is a very good game and the main reason people feing outrage as its existence is because of that Penny-Arcade comic.

Agree with it being a good game, disagree with your second point.

You seem to be confusing motion control for split controllers.

3ds is nintendo's new gba, in that it's full of ports and their first-party efforts aren't very good.
I swear I thought I was the only person who thought that about the GBA.

After playing Graces for over 170 Hours, going back to Tales of Vesperia battles feel like a complete chore and just aren't any fun, not helped at all by the skills system being shit.

flattie

Despite enjoying many, many Nintendo games, I think their character designs are near universally atrocious.

Pikmin excepted. Of course.

Jackl

Majority of mega-studios and publishers will cease to exist as is by 2020.

Short term mindsets, yet large overhead ensures their destruction. Both executives & shareholders don't care long as they get out of the exit first in the black.

Mit-

DualShock is a horrible controller design and isn't really the least bit ergonomic.

Gripping it for long periods of time leads to hand cramps. Saying that I should loosen my grip is not an excuse. It should be designed better so that it doesn't happen at all (like the 360 controller). The triggers are also garbage and the shoulder buttons in general have always been uncomfortable to hit, and gripping the back of the controller with three fingers instead of four eliminates the small amount of ergonomics that could be there.

I was excited for this:
PS3_boomerang_controller.jpg

Mileena

Banned
Mouse feels good, but the keyboard is terrible. I always thought they should have a Wii like nunchuck thing for the left hand in computer gaming. Nunchuck in left hand + Mouse in right hand + hit keyboard keys for other functions = win.
Sounds terrible. Mouse/keyboard is the king

This post :bow

Gav

MGS1 is the only enjoyable MGS game from start to finish.

SSX 2012 was amongst the best games released last year.

Mit-

Sounds terrible. Mouse/keyboard is the king.

He has a point and I agree with him. Analog movement is not possible on mouse/keyboard. It's been possible on consoles since N64 (or I'm sure someone will bring up some obscure other console). You're either moving forward or you aren't. Or you have a run key. Two character speeds tops.

Granted something would need to be invented that would give you access to about 20 buttons that you could hit while also using the analog stick for it to be a complete replacement. That's the biggest issue :\

Valve doesn't make games. They buy people who make them for them.

People who like first person shooters and do not like crysis do not actually like first person shooters.

canedaddy

I don't know many people who share these views...

Midnight Club is the best racing series of the last two generations.

Driv3r isn't a bad game.

LittleBigPlanet's "floaty" physics are perfect.

Top Bottom