• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Demo up on eShop

Only rayman demo un european store, lol nintendo europe.

And fuck you for your stupid german laws message, I dont care, you need to implement something else for this shit, even if that means changing country, you are fucking up with your customers here. German backward stupid politics, so intelligent for some things and so stupid for others, doesnt help having nintendo in the middle of all this, because they can be pretty stupid also.
I know changing countries would fuck up the employees the german branch can have, but well, it was pretty stupid to put the headquarters there, although I wouldnt want anyone to lose their jobs. Im pretty sure if some sort of rumpus was made by a lot of people we could have a nice option for everyone out of all this.

Ydahs

They could port it to PS3 using Vita cross-controller, potentially. Might happen.

But that kind of assumes that people have Vitas to play the game, so...

A 360 version with smartglass might be more likely.

It isn't possible with smartglass. I guess the only way is to remove the touch functionality or make it AI controlled.

A Vita port could work.

deleted

Nano Assault Neos leaderboards go back to place ~14.000 (thanks to JoshuaJSlone).

This number is from yesterday.

Question is if this chart is region specific.

14.000 is not much at all - is it world wide?

I'd guess the chart is not region specific - if Nintendo doesn't bother to make the USK 18 titles available outside of Germany before 10pm, I don't think they'd bother to adjust the shop according to the country.

But that's easy to check - I'm from Germany, if any user from another EU country has a different chart, it's region specific.

Ydahs

I'd guess the chart is not region specific - if Nintendo doesn't bother to make the USK 18 titles available outside of Germany before 10pm, I don't think they'd bother to adjust the shop according to the country.

But that's easy to check - I'm from Germany, if any user from another EU country has a different chart, it's region specific.

Nano Assault is number one here in Australia, though that might be because we don't have Trine 2 yet.

Do scores automatically get added to the leaderboards in nano assault?

Publishers seem to like it, so that's why it's there. They can remove the limit if they want to, but they rarely do. I think there's only a handful of 3DS eShop demos with no limit.

Demo limits sound awful but in practice I don't think I've ever played any of the 3DS demos more than 3-5 times so it's not much of an issue in most cases.

cajunator

Banned
iirc, his is about... triple that.

still though, it's wacky.

Yeah just speed tested at 97 mbs. Started downloading and installing the Sonic demo at 8:46 AM and its just now complete at 9:10 AM. Total of 24 minutes.
All in all, 34 minutes to download and install both demos.

cajunator

Banned
What internet speeds do you guys have? I wouldnt call that blazing fast but it was actually faster than it takes my Ps3 to download a small demo. Fiber generally makes everything better though.

dwu8991

Banned
Changing levels at the touch of a button is too awesome !

no menus, virtually HUD free, so good.

touch screens are novel and fun, hope they add in an extra hard difficulty.

All we need now is off screen play and online mii verse !

Thoraxes

Is there any multiplayer or cooperative level in this demo?

The two previously featured at events levels did have co-op play at the hands-on events I went to (but you were able to play them solo in this demo), however I did not try it with this demo yet.

Lenardo

Banned
if it is like the kiosk demo, it is all multiplayer-for rayman that is

kiosk was limited to 2 players but i think that was due to only having one wiimote setup.

will find out later today once i get home from work.

Vercimber

Excellent demo, beautiful graphics. And it took me 15 min to download and about 2 to install. In GA, USA, and have pretty average ISP, so I'm not sure what's up.

Just started downloading the sonic demo, it's already at 7% with 50 minutes left, started 5 minutes ago.

Rayman demo is half that so I wonder if it'll take 30-40 minutes

cajunator

Banned
Castle rock is pretty awesome.
If there are more parts like that, Rayman will be a joy to play.
Its a very creative platformer. Outside of Mario games I havent had that much fun with a platformer since Klonoa.

Sonic Racing is OK, but it seems a bit slow. I did play on easy mode.

Wow, this demo is incredible. Looks amazing and seems like they kept all the things that made Origins great but made the whole experience more streamlined. The touch sections actually work really well and the black betty level is awesome!

It does support co op, connected my pro controller and my gamepad to confirm this.

Jetku

Downloaded in 10 minutes!

Only tried the first level so far. It's the same level as the GameStop demo, but a much newer build. More collectables, new enemies, changed environments. Love it!

Holy mother of god, Rayman demo is so amazingly good that I had an smile on my fade the entire time, and going into full giggling during the castle rock segment.
It looks incredible, and I dont know why but after having played the vita and 3DS versions the controls in this one felt PERFECT, a big qualm I had over the other two versions I payed (dont know about PS3, 360 or PC controlls though).
Maybe is the amazing d-pad the wiiU controller has.

Im in love with this game and day 1.

Even the touch levels were really fun. Its really tactic and you have to think fast on those, a really good change of pace.

And what not to say about the perfect castle rock stage, damn.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Played the demo; well, for all the freaking out over "gimmicks" (i.e. new gameplay ideas) I really liked the touch screen section in the demo. It was surprisingly complex and involving, and a lot of fun. Bring it on, I say.

Otherwise, as expected the game looks great. Platforming is OK, though still more lightweight like Origins. Will definitely buy tho now that I know the Murfy sections are really fun and interesting.

Xater

This demo was really good. Just like a origins a joy to play. Really tight controls and beautiful art. I actually think it looks better than Origins, there seems to be more stuff going on at times. The castle Rock level was just super funny. Must buy like the original.

Edit: Oh forgot to mention the Murphy part. That was actually fun as well. Did not not expect that. I can see how these could get really difficult over the course of the game.

It's fun when I'm controlling Rayman(although its the opening level, so it's not that complex).

Every time I'm controlling with the touchscreen, the single biggest thing that pops in my head is, "I really rather just be playing this section without having to use the touch screen".

Fears confirmed. Gonna keep hope alive that this shit is kept to a minimum in optional levels.

Phazon

What internet speeds do you guys have? I wouldnt call that blazing fast but it was actually faster than it takes my Ps3 to download a small demo. Fiber generally makes everything better though.

On my PC I should be able to download it in less than 100 seconds. It took more than 30 minutes to download this demo on my Wii U. I still don't know if my Wii U doesn't like my routers (tried two different routers, same result) or Nintendo servers are just so slow.

cajunator

Banned
Graphically, the wiiU is no powerhouse but you can tell it will be sufficient for many different kinds of gaming experiences, including realistic ones. The lighting/shading is definitely "next gen". Looks pretty good.

On my PC I should be able to download it in less than 100 seconds. It took more than 30 minutes to download this demo on my Wii U. I still don't know if my Wii U doesn't like my routers (tried two different routers, same result) or Nintendo servers are just so slow.

probably slow servers. downloading something that size on my computer would take less than a minute.

Its 10AM and time to get some sleep. If not for the fuckers working on our roof making one hell of a racket.

bumpkin

SWEET! Downloading this and the Sonic Racing demo right now. I went through the list of content on the eShop hoping for another surprise -- the ZombiU demo -- but no sign of it just yet. That's supposed to be up soon-ish, right?

Downloading the Rayman demo, but there's no Sonic & Allstar demo for my country ( Netherlands ) , which kinda sucks because I was thinking about buying Sonic

Nairume

Banned
Castle rock is pretty awesome.
If there are more parts like that, Rayman will be a joy to play.
Its a very creative platformer. Outside of Mario games I havent had that much fun with a platformer since Klonoa.

Sonic Racing is OK, but it seems a bit slow. I did play on easy mode.

It ramps up on Medium and higher.

nubbe

Why is Microsoft the only one that dose this right?

Demo and full game in the same download and no install needed.

zroid

Banned
Played the demo; well, for all the freaking out over "gimmicks" (i.e. new gameplay ideas) I really liked the touch screen section in the demo. It was surprisingly complex and involving, and a lot of fun. Bring it on, I say.

I enjoyed it too, and the AI was surprisingly non-terrible. I think it would be a lot of fun to play those sections in co-op. Certainly more fun than Rayman Origins' ho-hum co-op mode.

Kerub

Banned
The murphy parts (where you don't actually do any platforming, just tapping the touch screen) are nothing but boring and tedious IMO. It breaks up the pace of the platforming.

If this was a pure platformer I'd have it on pre-order already but now it's a pass for me.

The fuck? Super slow download indeed. I've got a fiberglass connection (100 up/ 100 down ) and it's still slow as hell.

edit: Mmmm....dunno what to think. Speed went up and it's done. Started very slow though

Top Bottom