• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Demo up on eShop

luffeN

News tab says that the demo is up, actual store hasn't been updated yet though but it should be up any minute now.

So for next week: 15:15 for GMT+1 and 14:15 for GMT (if there will be anything new for Wii U). What I am saying is that we should not bother looking before that.

TimmiT

So for next week: 15:15 for GMT+1 and 14:15 for GMT (if there will be anything new for Wii U). What I am saying is that we should not bother looking before that.

I don't think you should expect digital stores for consoles to be updated precisely at the time they say it's updated anyway. I'm just happy to have a confirmation that it's coming to the eShop today. :p

sad you guys don't have the demo yet. I love Barbara The Viking

barbara.jpg

Alex

I wish I could draw. I tried drawing an acorn from NSMBU once and I kept thinking to myself "man, this is so bad that someone, somehow is going to think this looks wrong and I will get moderated"

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It is simply unbelievable how slow my eStore downloads are. Un-fucking-believable.

Yes sonic demo :D will download now

I haven't read past the op but I'll assume the Rayman demo is the one that was in store so I'll get that after, I loved it

Wiz

Will definitely buy both of these games, so it's great to have some demos up. Can't wait to get home and try these out.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
strange thing is though, it seems to be a giant gap in speed. no idea if it's regio-, time- or batshitluck-wise is.

I'm in Australia, so knowing Nintendo we're still connecting to Japan or Europe or fuck knows where. It's totally insane. It's the slowest internet enabled device in my house. Internet over my mobile network is faster. The PS3's shitty wireless is significantly faster. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS is faster.

zroid

Banned
Rayman might have dethroned Nintendo Land as having the best load screen music. I'll have to reconsider this when it's actually released.

Erethian

Sorry to got out of the cavern recentely but Nintendo demos has a limit ammount of use? That is simple stupid.

Publishers seem to like it, so that's why it's there. They can remove the limit if they want to, but they rarely do. I think there's only a handful of 3DS eShop demos with no limit.

deleted

Demo is here, yeah :)

But no SegaRacing :(

BTW: The European Shop finally has the Charts up - no information whether they are ordered by units sold or revenue (I'd guess the former).
  1. Trine 2
  2. Nano Assault Neo
  3. Puddle
  4. Little Inferno
  5. NSMB-U
  6. Mighty Switch Force
  7. Sonic & All Stars
  8. Nintendoland
  9. Chasing Aurora
  10. ZombiU

Ydahs

I'm in Australia, so knowing Nintendo we're still connecting to Japan or Europe or fuck knows where. It's totally insane. It's the slowest internet enabled device in my house. Internet over my mobile network is faster. The PS3's shitty wireless is significantly faster. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS is faster.

Odd. Mine's on target to complete within 20-25 minutes which is much faster than any other WiiU download so far.

this game is exclusive to the Wii U? I don't see how it stays exclusive as Ubisoft published game
Yep, exclusive. Like ZombiU, a lot of the gameplay revolves around the gamepad (though to a lesser extent). It seems unlikely that it'll be ported over in its current form so I guess if you have a WiiU, you might as well look into this version since it'll be the most 'complete'.

cajunator

Banned
Downloaded and installed Rayman. Took almost exactly ten minutes flat.
I suppose I do have a beast internet connection though.

Downloaded and installed Rayman. Took almost exactly ten minutes flat.
I suppose I do have a beast internet connection though.

I have a 30Mb/S connection and as I said before, my downloads were all over the place. Took over twice as long to download the Rayman demo which was roughly half the size of the sonic one.

zroid

Banned
They could port it to PS3 using Vita cross-controller, potentially. Might happen.

But that kind of assumes that people have Vitas to play the game, so...

A 360 version with smartglass might be more likely.

cajunator

Banned
I have a 30Mb/S connection and as I said before, my downloads were all over the place. Took over twice as long to download the Rayman demo which was roughly half the size of the sonic one.

I suppose because its early AM in the Us but it took 9 minutes to download and a minute to install, including the load time for the menus.

Demo is here, yeah :)

But no SegaRacing :(

BTW: The European Shop finally has the Charts up - no information whether they are ordered by units sold or revenue (I'd guess the former).
  1. Trine 2
    [*]Nano Assault Neo
  2. Puddle
  3. Little Inferno
  4. NSMB-U
  5. Mighty Switch Force
  6. Sonic & All Stars
  7. Nintendoland
  8. Chasing Aurora
  9. ZombiU
Nano Assault Neos leaderboards go back to place ~14.000 (thanks to JoshuaJSlone).

This number is from yesterday.

Question is if this chart is region specific.

I suppose because its early AM in the Us but it took 9 minutes to download and a minute to install, including the load time for the menus.

Lemme see... checking back earlier in the thread, I started downloading at 1am or so :)

I wasn't doubting about you having a superior download, only that I have no reason for it to have taken so long on my end. Even on a bad day of getting only 1MB/s, Sonic should only have taken about 20 minutes to download and less than 10 for Rayman. Instead I kept getting stalled out for 10+ minutes at a time and I'd have to enter/exit download manager to get it going again.

Top Bottom