• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Demo up on eShop

berva

Neo Member
No Trine 2, no Might Switch Force, no Rayman Legends Demo, us Aussies getting screwed over big time. Might be time to sell Aussie Wii U and grab a US one.

Ydahs

What time does the Australian eShop normally update on Thursday? 11pm ish?
I thought it was usually midday but I'm not too sure. Hopefully its added today instead of next week...

Also, Trine 2 should be out soon. It didn't make launch because the developer didn't get it rated in time.

shit Batman is up on eShop too but I'll have to buy later got to try this
3AQmK.gif

Glass Joe

Played through the demo with a smile on my face the entire time. It *did* have a mandatory Murphy section and that was fun as hell. So was actually playing Castle Rock (as Rayman), which most people have seen, but yeah, really satisfying to platform to the rhythm... Day 1 for sure.

No options in the demo. Hoping we can play the whole thing on the pad with the TV off in the full version.

zroid

Banned
I thought Origins had a great soundtrack, but from what I'm hearing so far from Legends, I expect it will put its predecessor's music to shame.

It *did* have a mandatory Murphy section and that was fun as hell.

It actually was quite fun. As long as they don't overstay their welcome in the full game, I expect Murfy sections will be very enjoyable.

Skilletor

I didn't like the level with touch controls. In a platformer, I'd much rather be the one doing the platforming.

Castle Rock was a pretty great stage.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Full retail

Ah, okay.

The Sonic demo was pretty awesome. Seems like it'd be a great kart racer to tide me over until Mario Kart Wii U. Speaking of which, I haven't played Mario Kart 7 in a while.

Glad to know that Rayman Legends has a new section that wasn't in the retail kiosk demo. Installing now!

Speaking of Rayman, I've been looking for some 3D platformers to play. I hear Rayman 2 s good? Is there a superior version of it to look for? Is it still worth my time years later?

Rayman 2 is awesome. I have it on 3DS, and that version is a glitchy mess - but when it works it's great (and the 3D rocks during gameplay). I've heard that the PS2 version of the game is the definitive one, with the best graphics and expanded content.

Glass Joe

Really wish the eshop had a dedicated demo section

I don't think the eShop has officially updated yet. Probably Thursday morning the main page on it will replace the Fifa demo banner with a catch-all demo section (if I had to guess), now that there's 3.

Skilletor said:
I didn't like the level with touch controls. In a platformer, I'd much rather be the one doing the platforming.

Castle Rock was a pretty great stage.

Well, the demo does a good job of showing variety in the 15 minute or so playthru. It's too early to know for sure if the Murphy stuff will be forced or optional. I imagine if they can have the AI control the person platforming, the AI could potentially control Murphy too? I actually enjoyed the Murphy stuff quite a bit but would like to see both options. Either way, this game is looking to be great.

Kandinsky

Speaking of Rayman, I've been looking for some 3D platformers to play. I hear Rayman 2 s good? Is there a superior version of it to look for? Is it still worth my time years later?

Yes, The Great Escape is an amazing game, played and finished the DC, N64 and 3DS versions, of those DC is superior imo, but you can probably find the 3DS very cheap these days and it's a decent port, go for it!.

zroid

Banned
I guess I'll just use the Uplay community to comment on Rayman Legends

edit: seems like others are doing the same :)

Well, the demo does a good job of showing variety in the 15 minute or so playthru. It's too early to know for sure if the Murphy stuff will be forced or optional. I imagine if they can have the AI control the person platforming, the AI could potentially control Murphy too? I actually enjoyed the Murphy stuff quite a bit but would like to see both options. Either way, this game is looking to be great.

They've said that when playing single player, the Murphy levels would be required, with an AI controlling Rayman on those stages.

Glass Joe

They've said that when playing single player, the Murphy levels would be required, with an AI controlling Rayman on those stages.

But didn't they get real silent and delay the game after they said that? A little Murphy won't hurt IMO but I think the delay was related to the negative reaction on the 'net.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The Rayman Legends demo was fantastic.

The Toad Story level was great, all three levels feel pretty different. I hope the final game has as much variety as the demo showed off.

maeda

Damn, one can easily tell there are some huge Donkey Kong fans at Ubi, gameplay influences range from the original DKC trilogy (Toad story is a beautiful homage to Bramble Blast!), to Jungle Beat with its musicality and sections which can be traversed without touching the ground, and then off course the recent DKCR. Surprisingly, Murphy's sections are fun too. I was on the fence before, especially after being soured by the atrocious Origins demo for 3DS, but I'm in now, day 1, DD version. Ubi needs to be rewarded for such wonderful work.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
US owner. Went to ESHop and searched for keyword demo and Rayman. And variations of each. No reponse.
Search for "Rayman" > Find "Rayman Legends" > Click on "More Details" button > click on "Download Demo" button. Yeah, not very intuitive, but it works.

Top Bottom