• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Demo up on eShop

Glass Joe

I don't think you should expect any more original eShop games till January :(

I heard Toki Tori 2 got delayed but Puddle has been out in Europe for a while now so I was sort of expecting that today. Zen Pinball 2 should be any time now too. Unless you were stressing "original."

Laguna X said:
Search for "Rayman" > Find "Rayman Legends" > Click on "More Details" button > click on "Download Demo" button. Yeah, not very intuitive, but it works.

I just scrolled to the bottom to "see all" and looked for anything new or anything with a demo icon. Pretty sure the eShop doesn't officially update until Thursday morning though, so it's just a matter of us finding it early as opposed to it not being intuitive.

Thoraxes

US owner. Went to ESHop and searched for keyword demo and Rayman. And variations of each. No reponse.

I typed Rayman, hit search, clicked the demo button and started it. It doesn't work like a typical google search, so any extra words that aren't in the title of a game will give you no results.

zroid

Banned
I heard Toki Tori 2 got delayed but Puddle has been out in Europe for a while now so I was sort of expecting that today. Zen Pinball 2 should be any time now too. Unless you were stressing "original."

Only in the non-retail sense. Hope Puddle and Zen make it to NA soon.

oatmeal

Banned
Installing Sonic now.

Rayman looks and sounds pretty amazing.

Can't believe how terrible Nintendo is with this launch. What are they doing? Let us give you money!!!

Link0080

Was downloading pretty fast for the first 45% but now it's crawling and the timer has been stuck at 31 min for the past hour...

edit: nope! now at 52 min, awesome.

Yes, The Great Escape is an amazing game, played and finished the DC, N64 and 3DS versions, of those DC is superior imo, but you can probably find the 3DS very cheap these days and it's a decent port, go for it!.

Is the only reason the reviews are so low for Rayman 3D that they just straight ported it? Is it worse somehow than the originals?

goldenpp72

Is the only reason the reviews are so low for Rayman 3D that they just straight ported it? Is it worse somehow than the originals?

It runs worse and the 3d makes it look like ghosty shit, the best ones are the dc and ps2 ones, depending on your preferences.

oatmeal

Banned
Enter software.

Sonic looks decent. I like it. I like the variety. Weird that the golden axe level has a timer. Blech.

Kandinsky

Game is glitchy for some ppl, corrupted save data, hard locks, game breaking bugs etc. I didnt mention this before because I totally forgot about it as I didnt experience any of them, and yeah sadly it runs worse then PS2 and DC, I also loved the 3D lol.

Edit: Also keep in mind that the DC one is 60fps.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Wow it really runs worse? I don't mind turning 3D off. In fact that's default for me unless the game calls for it like 3D Land.

3D only is ghosting in sequences, just turn it off there. Also, it doesn't run that much worse. I'd place it in between DC and PS2 version regarding performance. Also, it's portable, that might be a plus and 3D looks nice when not in a sequence. I've played every version of the game (with the sole exception of mobile phone versions) and I like the DC version the best, closely followed by the 3DS version.

EDIT: I didn't experience any bugs whatsoever in the 3DS version. So I at least doubt that they are that common.

Yuripaw

Banned
Just finished playing all 3 levels of the demo, and watched the trailer. Man...why wasn't this game day 1, or why wasn't this demo just on every system when it shipped? This game is a reason to own a Wii U. Toad Story level was pretty good.

JaxJag

Banned
Demo is super fun, i'm buying it day 1.

Putting a limit on the amount of times you can launch the demo is such a Nintendo thing to do. Thank god they aren't the only platform around or the games industry would be in a terrible place.

Nert

I don't know how they managed to make an even better looking game than Rayman Origins, but it looks like they've done it. Gorgeous, gorgeous visuals.

The graphics on Rayman look so nice.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing is not bad. I could see myself buying this, if only for the Sega fan service.

Yuripaw

Banned
No, I was kind of wondering why. Neither this or Sonic had off screen play. :/

The full game for Sonic Racing does have off screen play, so if you're referring to the demo not having off screen play...it's just the demo. In the full game, if you do a downward swipe on the touch screen while playing the game, it switches to off screen play.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm...

I think the Wii U eShop retail/digital titles are updating at inferior Eastern time, for some reason, while standard "weekly Nintendo updates" -may- be retaining the superior Pacific time.

All these stealth Wii U eShop updates are occurring at 9pm PST, right?

Skilletor

Sonic does! Swipe the screen on the pad away from TV.

The full game for Sonic Racing does have off screen play, so if you're referring to the demo not having off screen play...it's just the demo. In the full game, if you do a downward swipe on the touch screen while playing the game, it switches to off screen play.

Awesome. :)

I bought it for my step son for xmas, so that's good to hear. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is the demo limit per machine or per user?

If the sonic demo is the same as the ps3 one, then it has two tracks and the second track is a boost challenge. IMO that is a harsh intro to sonic and might put people off because you have to hit almost all the boost gates or it'll be game over really quickly. The full game at least gives you more rime to get used to the handling before hitting one of those events

Top Bottom